Windows 10: Touchpad Not Working After Installing Windows 10

Discus and support Touchpad Not Working After Installing Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a laptop with preinstalled windows 10 20h2 and my 20h2 ISO was not working properly so, I installed Windows 10 1511 as windows update was not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Harsh Desai7, May 9, 2021.

1. Touchpad Not Working After Installing Windows 10

I have a laptop with preinstalled windows 10 20h2 and my 20h2 ISO was not working properly so, I installed Windows 10 1511 as windows update was not working. Now the touchpad is not working and I have to use an external mouse, so how can I get the touchpad working again?

:)

Harsh Desai7, May 9, 2021

2. Touchpad not working after Windows 10 installment

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to update the drivers and check if the issue persists.

• Update the Touchpad Driver.
    • Press Windows + x key together and select Device Manager.
    • Locate the Touchpad Driver.
    • Right click on the Touchpad Driver icon and click on “Update Driver Software”.
    • Click on “Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software” option.
    If still the issue persist then I suggest you to go to the manufacturer’s website download the touchpad drivers and install it in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 9, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Installing W10 on this Laptop

HP Stream 11 under Windows 10 - Touchpad not recognized.

Are you making sure you are trying the correct driver for the WiFi... They list Broadcom, Intel, and/or Realtek.

Also, try to run the installer as an administrator install.

If that fails... try extracting the files and manually install the driver.

95Viper, May 9, 2021
  4. Touchpad Not Working After Installing Windows 10

Touchpad not working

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Touchpad drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Touchpad drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and touchpad drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, May 9, 2021
Thema:

Touchpad Not Working After Installing Windows 10

1. Touchpad Not Working After Installing Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Touchpad Working Installing

2. After Windows 10 instalation on laptop T100TA touchpad not working. Indicate touchpad...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Windows 10 instalation on laptop T100TA touchpad not working. Indicate touchpad...: After Windows 10 instalation on laptop T100TA touchpad not working. Indicate touchpad driver error. How I may touchpad enable or back to original Windows 8.1?...
  3. After Windows 10 instalation on laptop T100TA touchpad not working. Indicate touchpad...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Windows 10 instalation on laptop T100TA touchpad not working. Indicate touchpad...: After Windows 10 instalation on laptop T100TA touchpad not working. Indicate touchpad driver error. How I may touchpad enable or back to original Windows 8.1?...
  4. After Windows 10 instalation on laptop T100TA touchpad not working. Indicate touchpad...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My touchpad not working after windows 8.1 installed

My touchpad not working after windows 8.1 installed: Windows 8. 1 touchpad not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-touchpad-not-working-after-windows-81-installed/a522a038-cd3f-442a-9e40-fd1fa153c46e
  6. Touchpad and keyboard not working properly after windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad and keyboard not working properly after windows 10 installation: My windows 10 didn't start after update so i deleted and reinstalled windows 10 but after installing my touchpad and keyboard not working properly Touchpad problem: when i start laptop, touchpad doesn't work and i have to logout user and after login touchpad works fine but...
  7. Touchpad and keyboard not working properly after windows 10 installation

Touchpad and keyboard not working properly after windows 10 installation: My windows 10 didn't start after update so i deleted and reinstalled windows 10 but after installing my touchpad and keyboard not working properly Touchpad problem: when i start laptop, touchpad doesn't work and i have to logout user and after login touchpad works fine but...
  8. Touchpad and keyboard not working properly after windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. touchpad and cursor not working after Windows 10 install

touchpad and cursor not working after Windows 10 install: Touchpad and cursor not working after windows 10 install https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-and-cursor-not-working-after-windows-10/e4ee128c-83f3-4394-8495-1f91caa4bc1c
  10. Asus Touchpad quit working after Windows 10 install

Asus Touchpad quit working after Windows 10 install: So this has been an ongoing issue for 2 years now, and Microsoft is not doing a thing to correct. In fact, they have quit allowing posting of the very topic on their own site. The earlier post had 29,000 views and no solution. I could rewrite all of the problems, or you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. touchpad hardware not detected after installing windows 10

2. after window installation my laptop stop working touchpad

3. hp fails touchpad after windows installation

4. after instal windows keyboard moupad not working,
  5. my touchpad is not working after installing windows 10,
  6. after installing win 10 touch pad not working