Windows 10: Touchpad Not Working After Windows Update

Discus and support Touchpad Not Working After Windows Update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After a Windows update, my touchpad would no longer scroll. I checked in Device Settings, and tried updating the driver and rolling the driver back.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FredVavrek, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Touchpad Not Working After Windows Update

After a Windows update, my touchpad would no longer scroll. I checked in Device Settings, and tried updating the driver and rolling the driver back. Neither corrected the scrolling problem. I also went to the HP website and downloaded the proper driver, but it wouldn't let me install it. I noticed that in device settings Synaptics SMBus was not listed under Mice and Pointing Devices. The only listing was PS/2 Compatible Mouse which may be why I can't install theSynaptics driver. I had to go back to a system restore point, which is only a temporary solution, but did putSynaptics SMBus back now the only option. The touchpad after restore already had the correct driver installed. I really need to getSynaptics SMBus back permanently, to the point it can withstand another Windows Update Can anybody help?

Thanks

:)

FredVavrek, Feb 24, 2020

2. Touchpad gestures NOT working

Hi Abuzar,

Your touchpad drivers might be outdated or corrupted. I would suggest that you update the touchpad driver. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and X together and select
      Device Manager.
    • Locate the touchpad driver.
    • Right-click on the touchpad driver icon and click Update Driver software.
    • Click on Search automatically for Updated driver software option.

If the driver for Windows 10 is not available, download and reinstall the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer website.

Keep us updated.

Aileen Alf, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Touchpad not working after Windows 10 installment

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to update the drivers and check if the issue persists.

• Update the Touchpad Driver.
    • Press Windows + x key together and select Device Manager.
    • Locate the Touchpad Driver.
    • Right click on the Touchpad Driver icon and click on “Update Driver Software”.
    • Click on “Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software” option.
    If still the issue persist then I suggest you to go to the manufacturer’s website download the touchpad drivers and install it in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 24, 2020
  4. nxavis9 Win User

Touchpad Not Working After Windows Update

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Touchpad Not Working After Windows Update

1. Touchpad Not Working After Windows Update - Similar Threads - Touchpad Working Update

2. Touchpad not working after recent windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad not working after recent windows update: Hi,I have a Lenovo Legion 5, around 7 months old, and after a Windows update last week, my touchpad stopped working 10 minutes before; it worked fine, so I think it should be a software error. I tried updating the touchpad drivers, I tried deleting the drivers, and I tried...
  3. Touchpad not working after recent windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad not working after recent windows update: Hi,I have a Lenovo Legion 5, around 7 months old, and after a Windows update last week, my touchpad stopped working 10 minutes before; it worked fine, so I think it should be a software error. I tried updating the touchpad drivers, I tried deleting the drivers, and I tried...
  4. After update my touchpad is not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After update my touchpad is not working.: After update my touchpad is not working. I looked into device manager but its not showing synaptics touchpad so i think my whole driver is deleted by the update. I need fix really quick....
  5. Touchpad not working after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad not working after windows update: So I had a windows update and after it was finished, I realized that my touchpad was not working. After some digging up, I found that my touchpad driver was missing. I'm pretty sure it's called "HID-Compliant Touchpad". I'm using an external mouse for the time being, and any...
  6. Touchpad not working after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad not working after windows update: So I had a windows update and after it was finished, I realized that my touchpad was not working. After some digging up, I found that my touchpad driver was missing. I'm pretty sure it's called "HID-Compliant Touchpad". I'm using an external mouse for the time being, and any...
  7. Touchpad not working after updating Windows Laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touchpad not working after updating Windows Laptop: How do I resolve this issue? The touchpad does not show up under device manager. Not sure how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-not-working-after-updating-windows-laptop/4b4e069f-48c2-4692-8825-3ea0625887b9
  8. Touchpad not working after windows update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad not working after windows update.: My touchpad stopped working after a windows update. I can move the pointer, but that's all, no scrolling or right click with 2 fingers, and it's veeery frustrating in a laptob. I tried several options detailed in articles without a success, and I'm sure it's not it's not a...
  9. touchpad not working after update windows home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    touchpad not working after update windows home: Hello, yesterday I update windows home and after that my touchpad is working very slow and with lag in my dell 13 2 in 1 7390. I read a lot in google and I did not find any solution. Can you help me?...
  10. Touchpad it's not working after last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Touchpad it's not working after last update: I just up to date my laptop and now the touchpad don't work, its a way to get out this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-its-not-working-after-last-update/e7052d3e-d870-46a8-928d-52aa828b28d7