Windows 10: Touchpad not working and is not listed in device manager after Windows feature update 1909

Discus and support Touchpad not working and is not listed in device manager after Windows feature update 1909 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows update did a feature update on my laptop. I have an Acer Aspire ES1-512 laptop. After the update the touch pad stopped working. The laptop has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Roshan Thomas Antony, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Touchpad not working and is not listed in device manager after Windows feature update 1909

Windows update did a feature update on my laptop. I have an Acer Aspire ES1-512 laptop. After the update the touch pad stopped working. The laptop has an ELAN touch pad.

I tried activating and deactivating the touch pad on/off switch on the keyboard.

Also tried to uninstall and reinstall the touch pad driver. But the touch pad is not listed in Device manager. So couldn't do that

Also the touch pad is set to 'Advanced' mode in BIOS settings. Nothing worked.

Please help

:)

Roshan Thomas Antony, Mar 20, 2020
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Gelbs Win User
    Lenovo R400 - No cursor/Touchpad not working??

I did a system restore, but still the same. I then uninstalled the touchpad driver, and Windows downloaded and reinstalled it. Along with a big Windows feature update. Still not working! It's not even listed under device manager, or Windows settings. Only showing in the Programs and Features list. Pretty strange! Unless it's damaged or broken somehow. It's installed, but not showing anywhere apart from that.

Gelbs, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Touchpad not working and is not listed in device manager after Windows feature update 1909

Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Touchpad not working and is not listed in device manager after Windows feature update 1909

1. Touchpad not working and is not listed in device manager after Windows feature update 1909 - Similar Threads - Touchpad working listed

2. I2C HID Device not in list of Device Manager, Can't use touchpad on Laptop. It works in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I2C HID Device not in list of Device Manager, Can't use touchpad on Laptop. It works in the...: So recently I got a new Laptop, a Lenovo Legion 5i Pro and the touchpad doesn't work, when I'm in the systems BIOS it works normally, but when I enter normally it stops working, I've heard of every solution possible but non get to the root of the problem, that being that the...
  3. I2C HID Device not in list of Device Manager, Can't use touchpad on Laptop. It works in the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I2C HID Device not in list of Device Manager, Can't use touchpad on Laptop. It works in the...: So recently I got a new Laptop, a Lenovo Legion 5i Pro and the touchpad doesn't work, when I'm in the systems BIOS it works normally, but when I enter normally it stops working, I've heard of every solution possible but non get to the root of the problem, that being that the...
  4. I2C HID Device not in list of Device Manager, Can't use touchpad on Laptop. It works in the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Touchpad not working after Feature Update version 2004

Touchpad not working after Feature Update version 2004: I have a Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga X1, with Windows 10 64-bit. Yesterday Windows updated itself to the Feature Update version 2004. Problem: After the update, my Elan touchpad stopped working. More precisely, it does not respond to two-finger scroll even if it's enabled in the...
  6. problem with windows update listing a feature update for windows 10 1909.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problem with windows update listing a feature update for windows 10 1909.: Hello, Have the following problem with windows update I run windows 10 1903, but when I run windows windows update it lists a feature update for version 1909. Have ran the troubleshooter for windows update and this found problems and fix them all, but this did not fix the...
  7. 1909 has a BIOS firmware update feature built into the Device Manager

1909 has a BIOS firmware update feature built into the Device Manager: Just a quick little note.... The Device Manager will now update your motherboard BIOS firmware just like any other driver Nice because it works well in my limited experience (twice) and takes all the trepidation of possible bricking your motherboard because you updated the...
  8. 1909 has a BIOS firmware update feature built into the Device Manager

in Windows 10 News
    1909 has a BIOS firmware update feature built into the Device Manager: Just a quick little note.... The Device Manager will now update your motherboard BIOS firmware just like any other driver Nice because it works well in my limited experience (twice) and takes all the trepidation of possible bricking your motherboard because you updated the...
  9. Touchpad not working and is not listed in device manager after Windows feature update 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Touchpad not working and is not listed in device manager after Windows feature update 1909: Windows update did a feature update on my laptop. I have an Acer Aspire ES1-512 laptop. After the update the touch pad stopped working. The laptop has an ELAN touch pad. I tried activating and deactivating the touch pad on/off switch on the keyboard. Also tried to uninstall...
  10. after recent feature update device manager stopped working

after recent feature update device manager stopped working: my device manager not working after upgrade to 1903 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-recent-feature-update-device-manager-stopped/adbf1c57-fbab-4f1f-9878-cebcbe9120fb