Windows 10: Touchpad not working and scrolling issue

Discus and support Touchpad not working and scrolling issue in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My touchpad is not working for the past two days, but whenever I am opening something it automatically scrolls down to last item.In any way these two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by pintukumar8, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Touchpad not working and scrolling issue

My touchpad is not working for the past two days, but whenever I am opening something it automatically scrolls down to last item.In any way these two problems may be connected and what are possible solutions.Windows 10 user, Device - Acer Aspire A715

:)

pintukumar8, Oct 5, 2021

2. Touchpad 2 finger scrolling not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Have you enabled two finger scrolling?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1:

I suggest you to enable two finger scrolling and check. Please follow the steps below:

1. Press or tap “Windows key + X”, click on "Control Panel." Navigate to "Mouse," under "Hardware and sound".

2. Select the "Touchpad" tab in the "Mouse" window. This tab will also list the touchpad manufacturer.

3. Select "Properties," "Settings," "Advanced".

4. Click the box next to "Enable scrolling" if this option is available.

5. Click the arrow to the right of "Scrolling" to open the scrolling list and select two-finger scrolling to access the specific features.

6. Click to enable for two-finger scrolling feature, then select "Adjust scrolling region" or the similar option, if available.

7. Drag the scrolling region to cover a larger portion of the touchpad if you want to ensure you can scroll easily.

8. Click "Ok" to apply any changes and close the options windows. Keep clicking "Ok" until all of the windows with this option are closed.

9. Restart your computer if prompted. Your scrolling feature should be enabled.

If the issue persists,

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad driver and check.

Refer the steps below to uninstall device driver:

• Click Start, type Device Manager in the Start search box and hit ENTER.
    • Locate Keyboard Driver and expand the same.
    • Right-click on touchpad driver and click on Uninstall button to uninstall the driver associated with the device.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Also, download and install the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer website .

Please refer the article below:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/xps-15z/drivers

If driver for Windows 10 is not available then I suggest you
    to install the driver in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below to install the drivers in compatibility with Windows 10.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Oct 5, 2021
  3. Synaptics touchpad - scrolling issues after Win7 to Win10 upgrade

Well, there's more to report.... and possibly progress, although with a slight twist.

A conversation in another thread with @Try3 led me to a guide he had produced here about searching for drivers (in this case for a touchpad) using the Hardware ID.

So I found the ID for my touchpad and went looking. I couldn't find anything through a search on the Synaptics site. But the search led me to one or two download sites (filehippo was the one I went to) which apparently offered drivers for this touchpad. I downloaded v.19.2.17.59 - and installed it.

To my slight surprise, and great relief, the touchpad works with this more recent driver. The good news is - it now also scrolls properly in the Win10 Start Menu and in Settings pages, and in the MS Store - all the UWP-designed apps where scrolling didn't previously work.

The weird news is that in Device Manager the touchpad is now listed as a Dell touchpad. The driver still shows as manufactured by Synaptics. But the Synaptics tab for additional settings (with all the options listed in my earlier post #9) has gone.

I suppose if I had followed @Bastet 's advice to try the Precision touchpad driver, something similar would have happened?

Anyway - I suppose this is a step forward, in that the scrolling problem is resolved. No help from either the Samsung support or Synaptics websites, but ultimately this forum has both identified the cause of the problem (UWP apps - thanks @jbcarreon123 ) and suggested a solution (thanks @Try3 ) albeit carrying a Dell label.

br1anstorm, Oct 5, 2021
  4. Touchpad not working and scrolling issue

Synaptics touchpad - scrolling issues after Win7 to Win10 upgrade

My Samsung laptop has a Synaptics touchpad. Windows Update does not list or recommend any driver update for it, not even in the 'optional' list. If it did, I'd give it a go! For reasons of space and convenience, I don't use a separate mouse with a laptop. I'd rather use what's already there and built in - if I can.

The Samsung Support website offers a whole list of drivers for the RF511 - from Wifi and LAN to touchpad and battery-manager, as well as all the Samsung bloatware apps. But unhelpfully, does not always make clear which ones might be relevant. It offers two Touchpad drivers, neither labelled Synaptics. One is simply listed as v.4.1.0.0. of 20 Aug 2012, and the other as WXP v.4.6.0.0 of 28 Nov 2011. Neither seems to correspond or be in the same 'series' as the driver currently installed.

But the curious fact is that the present driver seems to work fine on my laptop. If it ain't broke, why mess with it? It's just that the scrolling doesn't play nicely with the Win10 Start Menu and the Settings pages. To me, that suggests it's an issue with Win10 - or those elements of it - not with the touchpad itself or its driver.

br1anstorm, Oct 5, 2021
Thema:

Touchpad not working and scrolling issue

1. Touchpad not working and scrolling issue - Similar Threads - Touchpad working scrolling

2. Touchpad Scroll Not Working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad Scroll Not Working...: Windows 10 Lenovo laptop touchpad 2 finger and touchpad edge scroll functions stopped working in certain apps ie Calendar Onenote Mail Photos etc since they were updated Works fine on other Microsoft and non Microsoft apps like Edge File explorer Chrome Opera etc already...
  3. Touchpad Scroll Not Working...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad Scroll Not Working...: Windows 10 Lenovo laptop touchpad 2 finger and touchpad edge scroll functions stopped working in certain apps ie Calendar Onenote Mail Photos etc since they were updated Works fine on other Microsoft and non Microsoft apps like Edge File explorer Chrome Opera etc already...
  4. Touchpad not working and scrolling issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad not working and scrolling issue: My touchpad is not working for the past two days, but whenever I am opening something it automatically scrolls down to last item.In any way these two problems may be connected and what are possible solutions.Windows 10 user, Device - Acer Aspire A715...
  5. Touchpad not working and scrolling issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad not working and scrolling issue: My touchpad is not working for the past two days, but whenever I am opening something it automatically scrolls down to last item.In any way these two problems may be connected and what are possible solutions.Windows 10 user, Device - Acer Aspire A715...
  6. Touchpad Scroll Issue

Touchpad Scroll Issue: I got a problem with touchpad scroll. scroll is not working. window help showed me options, but those options are not available in my laptop. any suggestion to fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-scroll-issue/6d551d23-bafe-4b4d-9a9a-ff90fbab9533
  7. Touchpad scroll not working

Touchpad scroll not working: I just got my laptop repaired for a hard drive issue. Since I got it back I haven't been able to scroll using my touchpad. I've tried uninstalling my touchpad software and reinstalling it. I have everything updated. I don't know how to fix it....
  8. Touchpad scroll not work

Touchpad scroll not work: i want to ask something, i think my touchpad is error. but its diffrence from question i see before. my touchpad scroll not working in any program like mozilla, explore, etc. but it work in setting, start menu. so what should i do to fix it?...
  9. working of scroll function on touchpad

working of scroll function on touchpad: scroll function of my hp laptop is not working because of the driver issue having window 10 installed in it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/working-of-scroll-function-on-touchpad/3224178b-05ca-40eb-a7a4-6a053676ece3
  10. Strange scroll speed issues with touchpad

Strange scroll speed issues with touchpad: I have Lenovo IdeaPad z510 laptop with windows 10 (upgraded from 8.1). For a few months (or more?) I have a problem with my touchpad: In some situations it doesn't work at all. Sometimes it works just fine. And sometimes it's so fast that I can't control what it's doing....