Windows 10: touchpad not working Jay#222 i cant reply to your answer

Discus and support touchpad not working Jay#222 i cant reply to your answer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my touch pad stoped working following a windows update, it doesn't even show up in drivers and devices my laptop is a Gemini NC14 to recap: my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by chloegilding, Jan 11, 2020.

1. touchpad not working Jay#222 i cant reply to your answer

my touch pad stoped working following a windows update, it doesn't even show up in drivers and devices my laptop is a Gemini NC14

to recap:

my touchpad is switched on in settings

i have tried the f12 button nothing happens

the manufacturer doesnt offer drivers available to download

the link that you will send me to update my drivers doesnt work ive done it multiple times

ive been send a link to install drivers that may be compatible with my laptop they wernt

my partner has the exact same laptop if that helps

:)

chloegilding, Jan 11, 2020

2. My touchpad isn't working properly

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in reply.

I suggest you to roll back the drivers and check if that helps.

Try the following steps:

• Right click on the start icon and choose device manager

• In device manager, right on the touchpad under Mice and other pointing devices.

• Click on Rollback under driver tab.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Jan 11, 2020
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jan 11, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

touchpad not working Jay#222 i cant reply to your answer

Touchpad not working.

Hi Ray,

This can be caused by a driver issue. For further isolation of the issue and for us to provide a solution suited to your touchpad concern, we need additional information. Can you answer the questions below?

• When did this happen?
    • Were there any recent changes made to your device prior to the issue?
    • Have you done any troubleshooting steps so far?

In the meantime, try updating the touchpad driver and see if it will work. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Mice and other pointing devices and click it to expand.
    • Select the touchpad driver then right-click on it and select Properties.
    • Under Driver tab, click the Update Driver
      button to update the driver.

We'll wait for your response.

Anne Ros, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

touchpad not working Jay#222 i cant reply to your answer

1. touchpad not working Jay#222 i cant reply to your answer - Similar Threads - touchpad working Jay#222

2. To answer your question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    To answer your question: When I try to log into the administrator portal. I get a message that says Personal accounts aren't allowed. But I will try scrolling down to the bottom of the page on the Azure portal....
  3. daveM can answer that question? I cant reply the last one..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    daveM can answer that question? I cant reply the last one..: Rdr 2 blue error problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/davem-can-answer-that-question-i-cant-reply-the/e3d9c8d1-31f2-403e-bb9d-2ee9698e2c64
  4. daveM can answer that question? I cant reply the last one..

daveM can answer that question? I cant reply the last one..: Rdr 2 blue error problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/davem-can-answer-that-question-i-cant-reply-the/e3d9c8d1-31f2-403e-bb9d-2ee9698e2c64
  5. messages cant be replied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    messages cant be replied: what causes me to get a oooopps there was a issue for reply thanks I had issues with out look mail . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/messages-cant-be-replied/65fb696b-4447-47f6-ab2f-83d2543621dc
  6. messages cant be replied

messages cant be replied: what causes me to get a oooopps there was a issue for reply thanks I had issues with out look mail . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/messages-cant-be-replied/65fb696b-4447-47f6-ab2f-83d2543621dc
  7. How to reply to an Answer on this Community site

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to reply to an Answer on this Community site: Hi Shawn Keene, I received an answer from you and I tried to reply. All attempts to reply failed.So, I am posting this as a "REPLY" to Shawn Cmdr Keene.Shawn Cmdr Keene,Thank you for trying to assist. However, I have been Coppying and Pasting from Internet and web sites for...
  8. i cant reply to anything on this website

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i cant reply to anything on this website: whenever i try to reply i see this:this quite literally means i cant respond to anything you guys send me to help me fix things https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-reply-to-anything-on-this-website/d33c4080-609f-4185-9c72-8f99a3d36363
  9. YOUR REPLIES TO MY QUESTION SHOW NO ANSWERS BUT THAT YOU REPLIED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    YOUR REPLIES TO MY QUESTION SHOW NO ANSWERS BUT THAT YOU REPLIED: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT60N ATA Device I need windows 10-x64bit drivers or I can not continue my school work as a software engineer student some lessons require software discs and media to play the DVD video lessons...
  10. "Replies marked as answer"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Replies marked as answer": Hello, I have seen the "Replies marked as answer" category under "Thread statistics". Is there a way to see what reply was marked as an answer? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replies-marked-as-answer/f8ea7bfb-cc74-40f2-95a7-cc7e0e75b5ef"