Windows 10: Touchpad not working - mouse drivers nowhere to be seen

Discus and support Touchpad not working - mouse drivers nowhere to be seen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I woke my HP Pavillion 15 up from sleep mode to find that my mouse courser had disappeared. Initially my touchpad was still in my settings yet nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TomUnderwood1, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Touchpad not working - mouse drivers nowhere to be seen

I woke my HP Pavillion 15 up from sleep mode to find that my mouse courser had disappeared. Initially my touchpad was still in my settings yet nothing was working. I tried a few online solutions, to no avail. I restarted my laptop and upon restarting, in device manager suddenly my mouse settings aren't there. Im getting to grips with keyboard shortcuts, but this is extremely irriating and I don't understand how to get my touchpad working again!

Thanks in advance for any help!

:)

TomUnderwood1, Jul 7, 2020
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jul 7, 2020
  3. cauyao615 Win User
    Mouse and touchpad not working

Hey did exactly what you suggested and the first time i did it the mouse cursor became visible, it was at the center of the screen but i still couldnt make it move with the touchpad and i plugged in my usb mouse and that doesnt work too. I did it a few moret times but cursor never showed up again and still could make either the touchpad or the mouse to work. Do you have anymore suggestion?

cauyao615, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Touchpad not working - mouse drivers nowhere to be seen

Windows 10 touchpad and mouse not working.

Hello David,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Touchpad and Mouse not working. We will certainly help you.

• Does the issue occurred for First using Microsoft Word or this issue occurs only when using Microsoft Word?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Have you tried restarting your system and check if the issue persists?

This issue might have occurred due to faulty or corrupted Touchpad and Mouse drivers. Let's try updating the drivers and check if it helps:

Step 1: Follow the steps to update drivers:

1. Right click in the Start button.

2. Select Device Manager.

3. Click on the Touchpad and Mouse device and expand it.

4. Right click on the devices and select update drivers.

Step 2: If the issue persists,
    uninstall and reinstall the drivers.

1. Press
    Windows key + R key.

2. Type
    devmgmt.msc and press Enter.

3. In device manager go to the touchpad and Mouse devices.

4. Right click and
    uninstall.

After you uninstall the drives, I suggest you to reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturing website and check.

For reference:

How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

Touchpad not working - mouse drivers nowhere to be seen

1. Touchpad not working - mouse drivers nowhere to be seen - Similar Threads - Touchpad working mouse

2. touchpad mouse not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touchpad mouse not working: Touchpad mouse is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-mouse-not-working/fcd472d5-5d18-4aef-ac08-dd1601664b6c
  3. Mouse/touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse/touchpad not working: Hi,I bought a new Lenovo Legion with win 11. It is fully updated. I have also bt Razer mouse. Mouse clicks backwards button in random moments. Additionally mouse click does not work in most moment. I can only move the mouse. I thought that is a mouse issue but once unplugging...
  4. Mouse/touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse/touchpad not working: Hi,I bought a new Lenovo Legion with win 11. It is fully updated. I have also bt Razer mouse. Mouse clicks backwards button in random moments. Additionally mouse click does not work in most moment. I can only move the mouse. I thought that is a mouse issue but once unplugging...
  5. mouse touchpad not working

mouse touchpad not working: [IMG]hello, when i turned on my laptop today i couldnt find my mouse cursor so i opened the device manager and under mice and other pointing devices category i couldnt find the touchpad instead i found the mouse that i connected to temporarily use until i fix the touchpad.....
  6. Touchpad/Mouse not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad/Mouse not working: I have an ASUS Vivobook S15, just over a year old. Just a week ago, my touchpad and wireless mouse started not registering my left or right clicks sporadically - I’d be working on my laptop and both touchpad and mouse would suddenly stop responding to my left or right clicks,...
  7. Hard drive nowhere to be seen on computer

Hard drive nowhere to be seen on computer: A little background, I had a computer that had a WD external hard drive that i used for storage. I recently built a new PC, but and i would like to use this external hard drive on this new computer because it has the majority of my files. Anyways, I've plugged in my drive to...
  8. Mouse/Touchpad Not Working

Mouse/Touchpad Not Working: I recently purchased a Lenovo Yoga 730 2-in-1 laptop. My mouse/touchpad stopped working. I tried restarting windows, but I don't think that did anything productive. Please help....
  9. touchpad and mouse not working

touchpad and mouse not working: just bought the windows tablet 2 in 1 and mouse,touchpad isn't working did all the updates still wont work, looked up solution and reset the tablet and still not working anyone have a solution for this issue...
  10. Mouse and touchpad not working

Mouse and touchpad not working: So earlier today i noticed that my mouse wasnt working and i thought it was a battery issue(using a wireless) but when i tried my touchpad its nit working too. I tried searching in google how to fix it but none of it worked, from updating the driver,system restore and the...