Windows 10: Touchpad not working on a Samsung laptop

Discus and support Touchpad not working on a Samsung laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Samsung laptop model np900x5n I tried many solutions already 1- Bios: enable/disable touchpad in the bios 2- I made sure that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by danblum1, Oct 31, 2018.

1. danblum1 Win User

Touchpad not working on a Samsung laptop

Hello,

I have a Samsung laptop model np900x5n

I tried many solutions already

1- Bios: enable/disable touchpad in the bios

2- I made sure that I am current with windows update which I am

3- I checked the device manager / there is a problem with the I2C HID device which seems to be the touchpad. I tried uninstalling it and then reinstall it. It comes back with the yellow sign problem. I tried updating the driver when windows says that I have the latest update available. I tried installing a new driver through samsung but when I try to install it, i get the following message: ERROR_NO_SUCH_DEVINST

Please let me know. It looks like windows update just damaged and disabled my touchpad for good. This is a fairly new computer. I don't know what to do. Please help.

Dan

:)

danblum1, Oct 31, 2018

2. Elan touchpad driver incompatibility (Samsung laptop)

Today I made the Windows 10 (Home) update to my Samsung Series 9 laptop (under 2yo) having uninstalled Avast! and making sure everything was up-to-date. I had to force the update as I noticed the 80240020 error present from Windows Update. Anyway, after the update the touchpad did not function correctly. At first it didn't work at all (luckily I had a wireless Logitech mouse) and then it was only able to move the cursor (clicks, scrolls and swipes did not work). I did a little research and found out that the culprit is the Elan touchpad driver 11.7.33.1 which both Windows Update and Samsung Update suggest as the driver I should use. I could not repair the software nor could I make find a better driver. I finally rolled-back to previous touchpad driver (some old MS driver) and it restored basic functionality (I can move the cursor and use left and right clicks). When I go to Samsung Update, it suggests I should install the incompatible driver. When I go to Windows Update, it forces the installation of the incompatible driver.

As I'm sure some of you have Samsung laptops or laptops that use the same touchpad drivers, I would be interested in hearing how compatible Windows 10 has been concerning your touchpads.

Tigerman82, Oct 31, 2018
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Josie23 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

Touchpad not working on a Samsung laptop [​IMG]

Josie23, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Touchpad not working on a Samsung laptop - Similar Threads - Touchpad working Samsung

2. Laptop touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop touchpad not working: my laptop was laggingdue to being low-end in windows 11 so i installed the debloated windows 10 without activation and installed all drivers from the start but even after installing the synaptics touchpad drivers, its no use, the touchpad still isnt working. I tried every...
  3. Laptop touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop touchpad not working: my laptop was laggingdue to being low-end in windows 11 so i installed the debloated windows 10 without activation and installed all drivers from the start but even after installing the synaptics touchpad drivers, its no use, the touchpad still isnt working. I tried every...
  4. Laptop touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop touchpad not working: Hello Microsoft,I bought a new laptop, which came with Windows pro installed. It was in Chinese language, I tried to install English language packs, and i got error. I couldn't install Unglish Language packs. I did a lot of troubleshooting, and finally repaired Windows. When...
  5. Laptop touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop touchpad not working: Hello Microsoft,I bought a new laptop, which came with Windows pro installed. It was in Chinese language, I tried to install English language packs, and i got error. I couldn't install Unglish Language packs. I did a lot of troubleshooting, and finally repaired Windows. When...
  6. laptop touchpad not working

laptop touchpad not working: Hi I have a Dell Inspiron 3542 laptop pc. After the most recent Windows update my touchpad no longer works. I have turned it on then off then on again. I've uninstalled the device and reinstalled it. I've run windows and dell diagnostics. Dell determines that a new driver is...
  7. Samsung 9 Touchpad don't working

Samsung 9 Touchpad don't working: Hello! I install many versions og Drivers, old versions, rulled back , but nothing helping. When I update the last version Driver on Devicemanager , my muse draging everytime. When i move the muse whitout any touch, but draging. No I install old driver 2006 comfortable...
  8. Laptop touchpad not working

in Windows 10 News
    Laptop touchpad not working: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]A laptop’s touchpad not working could be a difficult situation. You would simply lose control of your system since no modern computer can function properly without a pointing device. The issue could be with both the hardware and the software [...] This post...
  9. Touchpad disappeared from my Samsung laptop

Touchpad disappeared from my Samsung laptop: Hello, I have a Samsung laptop model np900x5n with Windows 10. It was working fine. Suddenly, it has just stopped working following a windows update probably (but I am not sure that it is the cause but it seems likely). The touchpad does not appear in the settings anymore....
  10. Elan touchpad driver incompatibility (Samsung laptop)

Elan touchpad driver incompatibility (Samsung laptop): Today I made the Windows 10 (Home) update to my Samsung Series 9 laptop (under 2yo) having uninstalled Avast! and making sure everything was up-to-date. I had to force the update as I noticed the 80240020 error present from Windows Update. Anyway, after the update the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. samsung touch pad not working laptop

2. samsung touchpad not working

3. touchpad not working samsung laptop

4. samsung laptop touchpad not working,
  5. samsung laptop mouse pad not working,
  6. samsung laptop mouse not working,
  7. touchpad not working on samsung laptop,
  8. samsung notebook touchpad not working,
  9. mouse pad not working on samsung laptop,
  10. laptop mouse pad not wokring samsung win 10,
  11. samsung trackpad not working,