Windows 10: Touchpad not working - Surface Laptop 2

Discus and support Touchpad not working - Surface Laptop 2 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My touchpad stopped working after a few months. I think it is the I2C HID Device that is the cause [ATTACH] I have tried to uninstall the driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by max_073, Jan 16, 2020.

1. max_073 Win User

Touchpad not working - Surface Laptop 2

My touchpad stopped working after a few months. I think it is the I2C HID Device that is the cause

Touchpad not working - Surface Laptop 2 e52bb107-3f9f-48a0-aa8a-c894145ef920?upload=true.png

I have tried to uninstall the driver and the restart the computer and in the beginning it worked but then after a while I got the same error again. But now it doesn't help at all. When I try to update the driver I get the following error

Touchpad not working - Surface Laptop 2 6e5d4c7b-242c-48da-99d6-1ebfe4afe130?upload=true.png

I have already done a clean installation of windows and a reset of the PC.

Anyone that has any suggestions what I can do to fix it?

Cheers

:)

max_073, Jan 16, 2020
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Josie23 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

Touchpad not working - Surface Laptop 2 [​IMG]

Josie23, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Touchpad not working - Surface Laptop 2

Windows Surface 2 Laptop Touchpad issue

Thank You for the reply,

I tried all the steps listed above but that did not seem to solve the issue I'm having with the touch pad. It still wants to keep moving on its own when I am clicking the touch pad and dragging something and get to close to the edge of the touch pad.

Also I would like to point out that it appears to be called "Edge Motion" but I could only find information on it through synaptics, the windows surface laptop 2 does not have synaptics but it appears to be the same feature. I just want to disable this.

Flyinpenguin08, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Touchpad not working - Surface Laptop 2

1. Touchpad not working - Surface Laptop 2 - Similar Threads - Touchpad working Surface

2. Windows Surface 2 touchpad problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Surface 2 touchpad problem: I have a Windows Surface 2. The touch pad bounces around the screen and clicks on it's own. I took it to Geeks Squad but they could not help and said it was the touchpad. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  3. Windows Surface 2 touchpad problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Surface 2 touchpad problem: I have a Windows Surface 2. The touch pad bounces around the screen and clicks on it's own. I took it to Geeks Squad but they could not help and said it was the touchpad. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  4. Windows Surface 2 touchpad problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Touch screen not working Surface Laptop 2

Touch screen not working Surface Laptop 2: Computer went completely dead - would not respond to power key. Found holding power key for 10 seconds and it came back to life, but subsequently found touch screen no longer works. All win 10 and firmware updates applied. Booted holding vol+ and power key for 30 seconds and...
  6. Touchpad/cursor not working on Brand New Surface Laptop

Touchpad/cursor not working on Brand New Surface Laptop: I bought a brand new Surface Laptop 3 today and right away when I opened it out of the box, there was no cursor available and there was no response when using the touchpad. When I connect a USB wireless mouse to the laptop, a cursor reappears and I am able to click and...
  7. Laptop PS/2 Keyboard and Touchpad not working

Laptop PS/2 Keyboard and Touchpad not working: A few days ago, while I was just surfing on firefox, I lost keyboard and touchpad functionality on my Lenovo Z575 Ideapad. Initially, I thought the computer froze so I shut it down hard way. When I restarted the laptop, I still had no keyboard or touchpad functionailty....
  8. Keyboard and touchpad not working on Surface Laptop gen 1

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard and touchpad not working on Surface Laptop gen 1: Hello, I can only use the machine with an external mouse and keyboard. It used to be the case that when I unplugged the external mouse and keyboard, I could get the device's mouse and keyboard to work after several restarts, but now they stopped working completely. The...
  9. Windows Surface 2 Laptop Touchpad issue

Windows Surface 2 Laptop Touchpad issue: Hello All, I am having an issue with my touch pad and its driving me crazy, I turned on double tap and drag and now when I double tap lets say a scroll bar, if I get to close to the edge of the touch pad on all sides the cursor will automatically just keep moving in that...
  10. Surface Book 2 Touchpad not working in CC Apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Book 2 Touchpad not working in CC Apps: Hi Community, i just bought a Surface Book 2. Installed the Adobe CC Apps (PS, ID, Ai) and tried to use the touchpad to Zoom/Scroll just like on my macbook before. But its just possible to scroll horizontal and vertical. No zooming or moving the Workspace (just like when...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows surface laptop 2 how to hard restart