Windows 10: Touchpad not working

Discus and support Touchpad not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, guys. I have acer aspire v nitro vn7-791g and my touchpad does not work. After I upgraded my ram, the touchpad no longer works. I might have pulled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Blblr, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Blblr Win User

Touchpad not working

Hi, guys. I have acer aspire v nitro vn7-791g and my touchpad does not work. After I upgraded my ram, the touchpad no longer works. I might have pulled the cable, but I re-checked and everything seems to be connected, but there is no touchpad in the device manager. I tried using the fn+f7 option, but that didn't work either. Tried installing drivers, no luck. I have no idea what to do.

:)

Blblr, Jan 26, 2016

2. Error code 0xA00F4244(0xC00D36D5) on using Camera on Windows 10.

my camera ids not working

camera not working, Jan 26, 2016
  3. Skyfire stopped supporting all windows 6.5 phones

Skyfire stopped supporting all windows 6.5 phones so why is it still on markeplace and is Microsoft going to stand up for us now that all they care about is android and Iphone

SKYFIRE NOT WORKING, Jan 26, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

Touchpad not working

Visit Download Drivers and Manuals | Acer Official Site and see if you can download the touchpad drivers there. My guess is that Device Manager will have an unknown device showing to which you can attempt to install this driver. It may very well fix your problem. OTOH, if this driver has an .exe (or equivalent programmatic) installer, you should be able to run it and get the driver working that way. Please give it a try and let us know what happens. You can fix this.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jan 26, 2016
  5. Blblr Win User
    Thank you for taking your time to help me out. I did what you said, I installed the driver(though, I think I had tried that already) and no luck. There are and were no unknown devices before and after I installed the driver.

Blblr, Jan 26, 2016
  6. EdTittel Win User
    Sorry the obvious fix didn't work. At this point things get interesting. I hope you have an external mouse you can use in the meantime (I guess you must). The next thing to try is to uninstall the touchpad drivers completely (and tell Windows to delete the files on your system, a checkbox on the uninstall driver item in Device Manager). Then visit Station-Drivers - NEWS and search on Synaptics and download the touchpad driver that's appropriate for your laptop (it's probably the I2C item, so try that one first, though it could conceivably be USB). This site maintains a superb collection of current drivers, so it may offer some hope of relief.

Good luck!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jan 27, 2016
  7. Blblr Win User
    I would love to do that, but how can I uninstall the old touchpad drivers if they are neither in Device Manager under the Mice and other pointing devices, nor is it showing up in the Programs and Features even though I have the drivers installed.

Blblr, Jan 27, 2016
  8. Blblr Win User

Touchpad not working

So no one can help me with this?

Blblr, Jan 31, 2016
  9. EdTittel Win User
    All I can add to what I already posted here is that (a) you might want to check in with Acer support to see if they have any ideas, or (b) ask around at local PC repair shops to see if their technicians have any ideas. Sorry I can't be of more help. I've never experienced what you're currently dealing with, despite lots and lots of experience troubleshooting (most Synaptics) touchpad issues on Dell, Lenovo, HP, Microsoft, and MSI tablets and notebook PCs.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Touchpad not working

1. Touchpad not working - Similar Threads - Touchpad working

2. Touchpad Not Working 12C HID Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad Not Working 12C HID Device: For the last week I’ve been unable to use the touchpad on my laptop, going into Device Manager the lower 12C HID Device has a warning symbol on it.Device status states “This device cannot start Code 10” followed by “A request for the HID descriptor failed”. After attempting...
  3. Touchpad Not Working 12C HID Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad Not Working 12C HID Device: For the last week I’ve been unable to use the touchpad on my laptop, going into Device Manager the lower 12C HID Device has a warning symbol on it.Device status states “This device cannot start Code 10” followed by “A request for the HID descriptor failed”. After attempting...
  4. Touchpad Not Working 12C HID Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Touchpad stop working

Touchpad stop working: I have recently updated my windows10 and after that my touchpad stoped working on my lenovo ideapad even my touchpad enable shortcut that is F6 is not working and there is no touchoad option in setting menu if you know any solution for this plz share with me...
  6. Touchpad stop working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad stop working: I have recently updated my windows10 and after that my touchpad stoped working on my lenovo ideapad even my touchpad enable shortcut that is F6 is not working and there is no touchoad option in setting menu if you know any solution for this plz share with me...
  7. Touchpad stop working

8. My touchpad is not working

My touchpad is not working: I have been using only mouse for my laptop that my touchpad has stopped working. Is this an external hardware problem or can I fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-touchpad-is-not-working/de3645e7-7f1f-4b8f-91fe-fcba27d48d15
  9. My touchpad is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My touchpad is not working: I have been using only mouse for my laptop that my touchpad has stopped working. Is this an external hardware problem or can I fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-touchpad-is-not-working/de3645e7-7f1f-4b8f-91fe-fcba27d48d15
  10. the touchpad and built-in keyboard only work in BIOS

the touchpad and built-in keyboard only work in BIOS: Hello. I have a vivobook flip tp412fa laptop. For some time now, the touchpad and built-in keyboard have stopped responding and only work in BIOS mode, the touchscreen works without any problems. The devices are visible in the device manager without any errors, when turning...