Windows 10: Touchpad not working

Discus and support Touchpad not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello *Smile it's my first time using this website so I don't really know how the whole forum thing works but I have a problem. I have a Lenovo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ingridcp, Jan 12, 2017.

1. ingridcp Win User

Touchpad not working

Hello *Smile it's my first time using this website so I don't really know how the whole forum thing works but I have a problem.

I have a Lenovo Yoga 510 (it's new, I've had it for a few days) but the touchpad is not working. I mean it does work, I can use it to move the cursor around, but what isn't working is the bottom part of the touchpad (where you can click). Whenever I try to click with the left and right "buttons", the windows menu thingy at the bottom left opens. The left click doesn't really bother me because i can just tap on the touchpad and it's the same, but I really want the right one to work *Sad

Please help me, I have no idea how to fix this.

Touchpad not working [​IMG]

this is the window that is opened whenever i right click or left click.

:)

ingridcp, Jan 12, 2017

2. Error code 0xA00F4244(0xC00D36D5) on using Camera on Windows 10.

my camera ids not working

camera not working, Jan 12, 2017
  3. Skyfire stopped supporting all windows 6.5 phones

Skyfire stopped supporting all windows 6.5 phones so why is it still on markeplace and is Microsoft going to stand up for us now that all they care about is android and Iphone

SKYFIRE NOT WORKING, Jan 12, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Touchpad not working

Welcome to TenForums @ingridcp

You should be able to get the same as a right-click by tapping with two fingers instead of one.

A couple of easy things you could try before deciding it's faulty and taking it back to the shop. Sometimes a hardware register gets a corrupt value and just need resetting.

First, just try restarting the PC, click on Start and choose Restart on the power button.

If that doesn't work, shut down the PC, remove the battery and wait for a minute for any residual power to drain away. Put the battery back in and restart.

You could also take a look at your Mouse Settings to see if anything there has accidentally been changed.

5. spunk Win User
    If it's brand new, you shouldn't have to do anything. Bring it back to where you bought it and get another one, it's under warranty.
    If you want to troubleshoot this yourself, then download the Windows 8.1 driver. Synaptics TouchPad Driver for Windows 8 (64-bit) - IdeaPad Yoga 13 - Lenovo Support Save it to your download location, open the driver file, Right click Setup.exe and choose Properties/Compatibility and make it compatible with Windows 8.1. Run As Administrator.

spunk, Jan 12, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    8.1? Why? There's a perfectly good Windows 10 one on the support site in @ingridcp's native Spain. Plus the Yoga 510 apparently may not have a Synaptics touchpad, it could equally well be Elan or ALPS. You really need to search by it's serial number to get the right one.
    Touchpad Driver (Elan, Synaptics, ALPS) for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Notebook - Lenovo Support
    Personally I'd go with your first suggestion and take it back.

7. Berton Win User
    The touchpad on my 2010 MacBook Pro has only a single button for the left click function and the 2-finger tap does function the same as the right-click of my Bluetooth mouse. Or the same as the Control key + tap. The Mac Control key is not the same as a PC Ctrl key. But maybe the Yoga has something similar?

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Touchpad not working

1. Touchpad not working - Similar Threads - Touchpad working

2. Keyboard and Touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and Touchpad not working: HID compliant keyboard and touchpad drivers disappeared on surface book 2 running windows 10 pro. I tried updating drivers, then uninstalling and rebooting system and they never came back. Keyboard LED lights up, FN button lights up, detach button works. Touchpad and regular...
  3. Keyboard and Touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and Touchpad not working: HID compliant keyboard and touchpad drivers disappeared on surface book 2 running windows 10 pro. I tried updating drivers, then uninstalling and rebooting system and they never came back. Keyboard LED lights up, FN button lights up, detach button works. Touchpad and regular...
  4. Keyboard and Touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I2C HID Device failed touchpad not working with the latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I2C HID Device failed touchpad not working with the latest update: I2C HID Device not working, tried restarting the system, uninstalling and installing the drivers but still the same.This issue started with the latest Microsoft patch release version 23H2. Touchpad was working fine until before version. Now I am not able to use my touchpad...
  6. I2C HID Device failed touchpad not working with the latest update

I2C HID Device failed touchpad not working with the latest update: I2C HID Device not working, tried restarting the system, uninstalling and installing the drivers but still the same.This issue started with the latest Microsoft patch release version 23H2. Touchpad was working fine until before version. Now I am not able to use my touchpad...
  7. My Touchpad drivers are not working anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Touchpad drivers are not working anymore: My touchpad stopped working yesterday. Im using a Lenovo Yoga7 14ITL5. I dont know how to fix it. I tried updating drivers in device manager but it said the best drivers are already installed. Please help me. My touchpad is ALPS version 1.0.0.2 and i dont know how to update....
  8. My Touchpad drivers are not working anymore

My Touchpad drivers are not working anymore: My touchpad stopped working yesterday. Im using a Lenovo Yoga7 14ITL5. I dont know how to fix it. I tried updating drivers in device manager but it said the best drivers are already installed. Please help me. My touchpad is ALPS version 1.0.0.2 and i dont know how to update....
  9. I just clean installed windows 11 and my keyboard and touchpad both don't work please help...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just clean installed windows 11 and my keyboard and touchpad both don't work please help...: I just clean installed windows 11 yesterday on my laptop and then my mouse wasn't working so I updated the drivers then when I restarted my laptop and now the keyboard also wasn't working. I tried resetting the bios , restarting but nothing happened....
  10. I just clean installed windows 11 and my keyboard and touchpad both don't work please help...

I just clean installed windows 11 and my keyboard and touchpad both don't work please help...: I just clean installed windows 11 yesterday on my laptop and then my mouse wasn't working so I updated the drivers then when I restarted my laptop and now the keyboard also wasn't working. I tried resetting the bios , restarting but nothing happened....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. TOUCHPAD NOT WORKING