Windows 10: TouchPad now scrolls left and right for up and down after update?

Discus and support TouchPad now scrolls left and right for up and down after update? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I updated recently and now on the start menu I am unable to scroll using two fingers like before. Now I figured out that my touchpad will only scroll... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MatthewStarling, Jul 22, 2019.

1. TouchPad now scrolls left and right for up and down after update?

I updated recently and now on the start menu I am unable to scroll using two fingers like before. Now I figured out that my touchpad will only scroll using two fingers left and right for up and down. How to I fix this? It is really slow and the only way to do it like before is using the scroll bar on the left. Neither the start menu or the live tiles will scroll like before.

:)

MatthewStarling, Jul 22, 2019

2. Scrolling up + down (left +right) via touchpad, does no longer work.

Hi Levi,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

We understand your concern and would suggest you to update the Touchpad drivers as the initial troubleshooting steps and check if that helps. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows+X key on your desktop and select
      Device Manager
    • Locate Touchpad drivers, expand, right click and click on Update.

If it doesn’t help, then I would suggest you to uninstall
    and re-install the Touchpad drivers in compatibility mode. Here is the steps:

• Go to your manufacturer’s website and download the
          Driver’s setup file for your computer.

• Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run box.

• Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.

• Under Driver, expand, then right click and select
          Uninstall.

• If you are prompted to Confirm then Confirm.

• Go to the location where you had saved your downloaded setup files of the drivers and
          right click, then select Properties.

• Select Compatibility Tab.

• Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.

• Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.
    Keep us informed about the status of the issue and let us know if you need further assistance and we’ll be happy to help you.

Navneet Anand, Jul 22, 2019
  3. Touchpad Left- and Right-Click Not Working

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please answer the following question:

Did you log in to the system using a standard user account or an administrator user account?

In order to make changes in Device Manager you MUST be logged on as an administrator.

After logging in to the administrator Account, I would suggest you first try updating the driver.

Follow the steps to update the Touchpad drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Find the relevant Touchpad driver and right click on it.

• Select Properties and then go to the Driver Tab. Click Update.

• Restart the computer and check.
    If this doesn't solve your problem, you have to uninstall and then reinstall your driver in compatibility mode.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Find the relevant Touchpad driver and right click on it.

• Select Properties and then go to the Driver Tab. Click Uninstall.

• Restart the computer and check.
    Now go to your manufacturer's website and re install the driver in compatibility mode.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jul 22, 2019
  4. TouchPad now scrolls left and right for up and down after update?

Left right scroll function on touchpads no longer available?

My left and right scroll function with the use of 2 fingers on a touchpad have disappeared. I remember when I could select exactly what I wanted my touchpad to do using the Synaptics tab which used to be found in the Mouse properties window, but that disappeared
    sometime last year.

How can I resume scrolling left and right with the use of 2 fingers on my touchpad? Mouse Settings has no such option. Mouse properties has no such tab for gestures anymore thanks to the removal of the Synaptics tab, which could be due to an update in the
    driver, presumably to make sure it doesn't clash with the less functional Mouse Settings on Windows 10.

Does anyone have any idea which drivers or software I can use to solve this? Dragging a scroll bar on my laptop is not very convenient when I need to do it multiple times in a row, in between other operations.

playerFive, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

TouchPad now scrolls left and right for up and down after update?

1. TouchPad now scrolls left and right for up and down after update? - Similar Threads - TouchPad scrolls left

2. Scrolling with the touchpad now ONLY performs the scroll after I let go of the touchpad.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scrolling with the touchpad now ONLY performs the scroll after I let go of the touchpad.: This suddenly happened while I was reading something. I didn't change any settings.Before this happened, I was able to scroll the page while my fingers were still on the touchpad. Now it just moves a little bit when I touch it and it waits until I let go before it scrolls....
  3. Scrolling with the touchpad now ONLY performs the scroll after I let go of the touchpad.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scrolling with the touchpad now ONLY performs the scroll after I let go of the touchpad.: This suddenly happened while I was reading something. I didn't change any settings.Before this happened, I was able to scroll the page while my fingers were still on the touchpad. Now it just moves a little bit when I touch it and it waits until I let go before it scrolls....
  4. Scrolling with the touchpad now ONLY performs the scroll after I let go of the touchpad.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Auto scrolling right now happening after installing updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto scrolling right now happening after installing updates: Starting today, any application or webpage that has content that doesn't fit on a single screen automatically scrolls all the way to the right when I hover over the window. If I move the slider back to the left, it just scrolls right again. This happens in Chrome, Teams,...
  6. Laptop keeps scrolling on some things right up left or down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keeps scrolling on some things right up left or down: So, i started having this problem today, thought it was some mouse problem, disconnected it, nope, maybe touch pad from laptop. nope, literally, nothing works, i did the keytesting thing to see if it presses the page down key or something automaticlly, not either, i literally...
  7. Touchpad scrolling and right click not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad scrolling and right click not working: I have a MacBook Pro 2015 and in Windows 10 my right click and scroll don’t work at all but they work when I boot into Mac OS. My volume shortcuts (f11 and f12) also don’t work but I can control them manually. Any solutions? (I have already reset it and no change has...
  8. Left and right reverse scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left and right reverse scrolling: This trackpad is driving me crazy! I fixed it so that scrolling up goes up and scrolling down goes down.... but my right is still left and left is still right! It is so maddening that it's backwards. Can anyone help me fix the left and right scrolling? Please? :)...
  9. My screen does not scroll up and down. It scrolls left and right.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My screen does not scroll up and down. It scrolls left and right.: My screen does not scroll up and down. It scrolls left and right. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-does-not-scroll-up-and-down-it-scrolls/3ae3d530-bf61-4605-8a51-25cbf6be6a8e
  10. Scroll left and right very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scroll left and right very slow: Hello, Usually when you are using Word, notepad and want to go fast to other word or next letter you can press right indicator » in your keyboard and it will go very fast even if you want to go back pressing the button left « it is going very fast. The problem that I am...