Windows 10: Touchpad on HP PC just stopped working!

Discus and support Touchpad on HP PC just stopped working! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It was totally fine yesterday, and today it just stopped working. I looked into the device manager, and it will only show up when hidden devices are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/smoothwrench, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Touchpad on HP PC just stopped working!

It was totally fine yesterday, and today it just stopped working. I looked into the device manager, and it will only show up when hidden devices are toggled. I see a yellow marking next to it with code 24, but nothing that helps me. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but that didn't work. Touchpad isn't showing up in settings either. Please help!

submitted by /u/smoothwrench
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/smoothwrench, Nov 3, 2020

2. HP Stream Touchpad Not Working

Hi Nelly,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• What do you refer to, when you say “I know the touchpad works, I'm just not sure how to get it to work”?

• What happens when you try to use the Touchpad? Does it hangs/not respond?

• Is your system up to date?
    Meanwhile, you may follow the below steps and check if you are able to switch on the Touchpad. This way we can isolate the issue.

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open settings menu.

• Click on Devices.

• Click on Mouse and touchpad.

• Touch or click the Touchpad toggle to turn off or on the Touchpad.

• You may configure the various touchpad gestures also here.
    As you have got the drivers from the HP website, it is recommended to update the drivers if there are any latest updates. I suggest you to refer to the below article and check on how to install and update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows

Reference: I suggest you to follow the suggestions provided by
    TylerWelch on July 30, 2015 and check if it helps.

Touchpad is not working on windows 10

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Nov 3, 2020
  3. hp stream 11's touchpad not working

Hi Bradt,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Please be assured that we will do our best to help you.

This might have occurred due to incompatible\ corrupted driver.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Step 2: Let us try to download and install the latest chipset driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

A chipset driver is a type of driver that refers to what is needed for a computer operating system to work with and recognize the devices connected to the computer.

You may also, try the steps suggested by Edward Shockley (replied on January 1, 2016)
    in the following thread:

Touchpad not working, or found HP stream 11

Touchpad not working, or found HP stream 11

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Nov 3, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Touchpad on HP PC just stopped working!

Touchpad (SynapticDrivers) not working on my HP Notebook - 15-ac156tx

Hi, normally there would be some Synaptic processes running of course, for example

Touchpad on HP PC just stopped working! [​IMG]

I suggest you start by creating a snapshot similar to that when your touchpad is working, then another when it is not, and compare them.

If they are the same, the problem is elsewhere.

- it might be that one or more of these processes ceases to run, and after a restart you're back to normal, for example.

The above will help to determine that.

Is there an option in Settings to disable it?
    When your laptop's touchpad stops working | PCWorld
    (section starting "In Windows 10, click the Windows key and go to Settings > Devices > Touchpad." )

Is there a key combination on your laptop that disables the touchpad?

Does this disable it?
    https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c03882926

Also please provide the version of the touchpad software, and, as requested by the forum when you wrote your post, your Windows build number. Thanks.

Are you using the touchpad software provided by HP? This appears to be the last one available for your laptop:
    [table][tr][td][/td] [td]19.3.31.31 Rev.A[/td] [td]181.5 MB[/td] [td]Aug 25, 2017[/td] [/tr] [/table]

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers.../model/8960552

dalchina, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

Touchpad on HP PC just stopped working!

1. Touchpad on HP PC just stopped working! - Similar Threads - Touchpad stopped working

2. Touchpad stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad stopped working.: Hello there,I was doing work on my computer last night and all of a sudden the touchpad stopped working. I have restarted the computer, uninstalled and reinstalled the touchpad driver, and now I don't know what to do to fix it....
  3. Touchpad stopped working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad stopped working.: Hello there,I was doing work on my computer last night and all of a sudden the touchpad stopped working. I have restarted the computer, uninstalled and reinstalled the touchpad driver, and now I don't know what to do to fix it....
  4. Touchpad stopped working!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad stopped working!: So, I've been trying to fix it, but didn't find a solution, cause when I restart or turn on my laptop, in the lock screen my touchpad is working but then when I unlock it the pointer disappears and it stops working.Please help!...
  5. Touchpad stopped working!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad stopped working!: So, I've been trying to fix it, but didn't find a solution, cause when I restart or turn on my laptop, in the lock screen my touchpad is working but then when I unlock it the pointer disappears and it stops working.Please help!...
  6. Touchpad stopped working!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. TouchPad stopped working

TouchPad stopped working: Hi all, I am running an Acer Nitro 5. I did a windows update last month some time, and all of a sudden the mousepad stopped working. First of all, to get it out of the way the touchpad function button does not make a difference. When I went into System Bios, the advanced...
  8. touchpad stopped working .

touchpad stopped working .: I am using windows 10 on my acer laptop. Suddenly touchpad stopped working . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-stopped-working/0b4304d1-b2f0-4119-98d7-47be375d4eb4
  9. My HP Pavilion Touchpad has just stopped working

My HP Pavilion Touchpad has just stopped working: My HP Pavilion Laptop touchpad had just stopped working today and it does not show up in the device management. I am currently using an external mouse which works. [ATTACH]...
  10. Touchpad just stops

Touchpad just stops: Hello! I have a problem where sometimes my Asus 2-in-1 laptop's touchpad will just stop working, the mouse disappears, and the pad doesn't respond. Every time I look for help on the issue it says that in the mouse settings there's a toggle button that turns the trackpad on...