Windows 10: Touchpad on Lenovo 720-15IKB Type 81AG Laptop ideapad - Type 81AG

Discus and support Touchpad on Lenovo 720-15IKB Type 81AG Laptop ideapad - Type 81AG in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi The Touchpad on my Lenovo 720-15IKB Type 81AG Laptop ideapad has only occasionally worked since purchase; not a HUGE problem, I've always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Irish Charlie, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Touchpad on Lenovo 720-15IKB Type 81AG Laptop ideapad - Type 81AG

Hi

The Touchpad on my Lenovo 720-15IKB Type 81AG Laptop ideapad has only occasionally worked since purchase; not a HUGE problem, I've always preferred a mouse, but, on a matter of principle, I'd like it to work after all, I paid for it!. I'm not a geek but I can find my way around Settings. So, there are two weird things, 1, there is no Touchpad setting, no Mouse and Touchpad setting, only a Mouse setting; 2, when I expand Human Interface Devices in Device Manager, the 12C HID Device has a problem: "This device cannot start. Code 10. A request for the HID descriptor failed". This is supposedly fixable by uninstalling the driver and restarting - no, it didn't cure the problem.

I've tried lots of 'Fixes' from search engines/Lenovo/Microsoft to no avail; the only thing that temporarily worked was to download a PC repair tool from Outbyte.

Anyone got a fix that works?

:)

Irish Charlie, Aug 8, 2020

2. Can't use touchpad while typing on keyboard

As the title suggests I can't use touchpad while I'm typing. My laptop is Lenovo Ideapad 330. It has windows 10 and synaptics touchpad. Thanks

ValtteriBergman, Aug 8, 2020
  3. 12C HID Device will not start (Code 10) A request for the HID descriptor failed. (Temporary solution!)

I've tried just about every fix on the internet to try and resolve this issue for a non-functioning touchpad. In Device Manager there is only an option for Mouse with no mention of Touchpad.

Anyone out there with a solution or is there some ugly secret?

Product:
    720-15IKB (Type 81AG) Laptop (ideapad)

Temporary solution: Went to Lenovo Support, used Lenovo Service Bridge to identify my model number, pressed 'Diagnostics' button, selected 'Operating System Diagnostics', selected 'Device', selected 'Device Diagnostic' which brings up a Microsoft troubleshoooter,
    clicked 'Next' on Hardware and Devices, which correctly identifies '12C HID Device has a driver problem' and applied the fix. Worked perfectly for 24 hours, then back to the same problem, touchpad unresponsive!

So I tried the same fix but this time the troubleshooter couldn't identify the problem.

Would anyone from Microsoft care to address this? Their OS works one day but not the next?

Irish Charlie, Aug 8, 2020
  4. Touchpad on Lenovo 720-15IKB Type 81AG Laptop ideapad - Type 81AG

Lenovo ideapad 330-15ikb type 81dc no elan settings

All the drivers are installed from the lenovo website. Model is lenovo ideapad 330-15ikb core i3 7100u and mx110. Windows installed from microsoft website and the rest of the drivers dont install. When i run the installer,it says that it installed sucessfully
    but when i reboot nothing pops about that driver.

vladutivanciuc, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

Touchpad on Lenovo 720-15IKB Type 81AG Laptop ideapad - Type 81AG

1. Touchpad on Lenovo 720-15IKB Type 81AG Laptop ideapad - Type 81AG - Similar Threads - Touchpad Lenovo 720

2. 330-15IKB Type 81DE Laptop ideapad - Type 81DE BSOD Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    330-15IKB Type 81DE Laptop ideapad - Type 81DE BSOD Issue: When I boot my laptop, BSOD appears after the LENOVO loading screen and the laptop automatically reboots itself. The appearance of BSOD during boot started when I updated my laptop yesterday. The error says: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was:...
  3. 330-15IKB Type 81DE Laptop ideapad - Type 81DE BSOD Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    330-15IKB Type 81DE Laptop ideapad - Type 81DE BSOD Issue: When I boot my laptop, BSOD appears after the LENOVO loading screen and the laptop automatically reboots itself. The appearance of BSOD during boot started when I updated my laptop yesterday. The error says: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was:...
  4. 330-15IKB Type 81DE Laptop ideapad - Type 81DE BSOD Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lenovo Ideapad 15IKB se apaga repentinamente

Lenovo Ideapad 15IKB se apaga repentinamente: Especificaciones:Modelo: Ideapad 330s 15IKBAlmacenamiento: 1TBRAM: 4GBMemoria Optane: 16 GB Buen día/tardes/noches.Tengo esta computadora desde hace poco menos de 2 años, y en ese tiempo. Al ser el modelo con 1 TB de almacenamiento y 4 GB RAM, decidí expandirle la memoria,...
  6. Lenovo Ideapad 15IKB se apaga repentinamente

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Ideapad 15IKB se apaga repentinamente: Especificaciones:Modelo: Ideapad 330s 15IKBAlmacenamiento: 1TBRAM: 4GBMemoria Optane: 16 GB Buen día/tardes/noches.Tengo esta computadora desde hace poco menos de 2 años, y en ese tiempo. Al ser el modelo con 1 TB de almacenamiento y 4 GB RAM, decidí expandirle la memoria,...
  7. Lenovo Ideapad 15IKB se apaga repentinamente

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Lenovo IdeaPad 310-15IKB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lenovo IdeaPad 310-15IKB: Can someone who has Lenovo IdeaPad 310-15IKB tell me which is exactly default factory Wndows 10 operating sistem version installed on Lenovo IdeaPad 310-15IKB (and OS Bulid number)? submitted by /u/aki_phoenix [link] [comments]...
  9. Touchpad Driver Missing? (Yoga 730-15IKB Laptop (ideapad))

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad Driver Missing? (Yoga 730-15IKB Laptop (ideapad)): From what I can tell, the driver is just missing completely. I've been using a USB wireless mouse for a few months. All of the guides I've seen are mostly restricted to navigating through the Device Manager, but my touchpad driver isn't there... [ATTACH] (the two mice...
  10. Lenovo ideapad 330-15ikb type 81dc no elan settings

Lenovo ideapad 330-15ikb type 81dc no elan settings: So,when i install the elan touchpad driver i dont see the elan settings in mouse settings. Even somendrivers dont install corectly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-ideapad-330-15ikb-type-81dc-no-elan/a91d3026-510f-4fa0-838e-ca73d6d8683b