Windows 10: Touchpad on lenovo isn’t working

Discus and support Touchpad on lenovo isn’t working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I tried a lot of troubleshooting actions to fix the touchpad but it still isn’t working: I reinstalled the drivers from Lenovo website. Installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TeresaJordan, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Touchpad on lenovo isn’t working

I tried a lot of troubleshooting actions to fix the touchpad but it still isn’t working:

I reinstalled the drivers from Lenovo website.

Installed Driver Booster, the 3rd party software.

If I go to Mouse settings > advanced settings - I see an error message "set user settings to driver failed".

Lenovo L570

Windows 10 ver. 1803

:)

TeresaJordan, Jan 16, 2019

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Touchpad not working

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Touchpad drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Touchpad drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and touchpad drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jan 16, 2019
  4. nxavis9 Win User

Touchpad on lenovo isn’t working

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Touchpad on lenovo isn’t working

1. Touchpad on lenovo isn’t working - Similar Threads - Touchpad lenovo isn’t

2. The touchpad is not working on my Lenovo ideapad.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The touchpad is not working on my Lenovo ideapad.: please help i recently updated my drivers but all of a sudden, my touchpad stopped working and not showing in device manger https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-touchpad-is-not-working-on-my-lenovo-ideapad/1aae422e-bda6-4957-a672-98e12646a540
  3. Lenovo touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo touchpad not working: Hi, I'm using a Lenovo Ideapad I340-15RIH gaming, with a Windows 10 operating system. For some odd reason, my touchpad doesn't seem to be working, and I have no clue why. Pressing any combination of f6 doesn't seem to show any indication that my touchpad is being enabled or...
  4. Lenovo touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo touchpad not working: Hi, I'm using a Lenovo Ideapad I340-15RIH gaming, with a Windows 10 operating system. For some odd reason, my touchpad doesn't seem to be working, and I have no clue why. Pressing any combination of f6 doesn't seem to show any indication that my touchpad is being enabled or...
  5. Lenovo touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. The touchpad is not working on my Lenovo ideapad.

The touchpad is not working on my Lenovo ideapad.: This is what it says when I go to Device Status: "This device cannot start code 10. The specified I/O operation on %hs was not completed before the timeout expired." Thank you kindly for any assistance....
  7. Lenovo Yoga 12 touchpad not working?

Lenovo Yoga 12 touchpad not working?: I have a Lenovo Yoga 12 on Windows 10 but the touchpad (including the nipple and the TrackPoint buttons) doesnt seem to be working at all? The touchscreen is working fine, but if I try the touchpad there is no response at all and there is no pointer mouse shown at all? I have...
  8. Touchpad noes not work on lenovo laptop

Touchpad noes not work on lenovo laptop: Helo I have a Lenovo yoga 730-13IWL with windows 10 64 bit and after I bought it I update some drivers.... and after that my touchpad stopped working, I search how to repair but they always show: go to setting, mouse and touchpad, !!!and here my problem starts I don't even...
  9. Lenovo ideapad 110 Touchpad not working

Lenovo ideapad 110 Touchpad not working: Touchpad is no longer working and is not showing in Device Manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-ideapad-110-touchpad-not-working/69f7f4e3-f7f1-4c35-9d41-7ceebb347cf8
  10. Touchpad not working. (Lenovo Laptop)

Touchpad not working. (Lenovo Laptop): My touchpad isn't working on my laptop, I have tried many different ways to make it work, but it never did. I have tried installing the driver from Lenovo's site. I have tried uninstalling the driver to make windows try to install it again, I have even tried using third party...