Windows 10: Touchpad option disappeared

Discus and support Touchpad option disappeared in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My HP360 Envy did an update now my touchpad no longer works and it can't be found in the device manager. Any suggestions as to how to fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CrownedBarley20, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Touchpad option disappeared

My HP360 Envy did an update now my touchpad no longer works and it can't be found in the device manager. Any suggestions as to how to fix this?

:)

CrownedBarley20, Feb 9, 2019
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Feb 9, 2019
  3. turn off touchpad

Thanks for trying I downloaded driver for touchpad, followed the steps you listed but it did not solve the problem - When I get to the last tab for the software, there is no checkbox for "disable touchpad if mouse is attached." I can completely disable the
    touchpad by system, and you, advised against this so at least I had the warning not to completely disable touchpad. I have tried the other options suggested but to no avail. Frustrating!

MonetteIrwin, Feb 9, 2019
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Touchpad option disappeared

Touchpad

Hi Denise,

To address your concern, we suggest that you check if the touchpad is enabled in Mouse Properties.

Please follow these steps below to check the status of the touchpad.

• Click Start and choose Settings.
    • Click on Devices. Choose Mouse & touchpad. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click
      Additional mouse options.
    • The Mouse Properties window will open. Click the tab furthest to the right (ELAN
      or Device Settings).
    • Under Devices, check if your touchpad is disabled. If it is disabled, click the touchpad to select it and then click
      Enable.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

Touchpad option disappeared

1. Touchpad option disappeared - Similar Threads - Touchpad option disappeared

2. Option to disable Touchpad on Windows 10 has disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Option to disable Touchpad on Windows 10 has disappeared: I have a Lenovo Thinkpad on which I've previously disabled the touchpad in order to prevent accidental contact with the touchpad interfering with my keystrokes and the position of the cursor. I've never used a touchpad in my life and have no wish to ever do so.I've just...
  3. Option to disable Touchpad on Windows 10 has disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Option to disable Touchpad on Windows 10 has disappeared: I have a Lenovo Thinkpad on which I've previously disabled the touchpad in order to prevent accidental contact with the touchpad interfering with my keystrokes and the position of the cursor. I've never used a touchpad in my life and have no wish to ever do so.I've just...
  4. Option to disable Touchpad on Windows 10 has disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Elantech touchpad keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Elantech touchpad keeps disappearing: Dear Microsoft team and any helpful people out there,I have an Acer Nitro 5 laptop with an Elantech mousepad. It suddenly became disabled a few weeks ago, so I searched how to fix it and found that it might be a problem with the driver. I checked on the device manager and...
  6. my touchpad cursor disappeared

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my touchpad cursor disappeared: pls help my cursor suddenly disappeared!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-touchpad-cursor-disappeared/8ee90a65-fe97-4c66-8ff4-c358714cced1
  7. Touchpad not working and cursor disappeared

Touchpad not working and cursor disappeared: Hello, I woke up today and turned on my hp laptop to find out that the cursor isn't showing, and the touchpad isn't working. I rushed to google hoping to find something to help and I stumbled upon a video in which the man says to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad drivers...
  8. Synaptics TouchPad options

Synaptics TouchPad options: Hello all, My touchpad is Synaptics. I would like to customize it more; particularly, to scroll with one finger. Unfortunatelly I cannot find neither Synaptics tab in Mouse properties, nor Synaptics control panel separately. Could you help me, please? Product: HP Spectre...
  9. Elan touchpad disappeared

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Elan touchpad disappeared: My elan touchpad has disappeared and says code 24 but when I check device manager it says I have the most up to date device. I cant use my new laptop that I have only had for 3 weeks without a plug in mouse. How can I fix this ?...
  10. Touchpad Options are missing

Touchpad Options are missing: Hello, I recently bought a USB touchpad named "Vogek USB Touchpad (wired)" for my Desktop PC. (It seems it belongs to Jelly Comb.) The OS, which I use, is Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit. After I connected the device with my PC, it was recognized immediately and I could use it....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. touchpad settings disappeared

2. touchpad controls disappeared

3. touchpad mouse disappeared

4. my touchpd hardware has disappeared,
  5. my mousepad disappeared,
  6. my touchpad has disappeared,
  7. disable touchpad option inwindows 10 disapear,
  8. laptop missing touchpad option,
  9. touchpad option,
  10. touchpad option missing,
  11. show touchpad option,