Windows 10: Touchpad option not showing in Settings

Discus and support Touchpad option not showing in Settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I go to Settings / Devices / Touchpad, the "Leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected" does not show up at all. I hadn't realized it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rubert Mumps, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Touchpad option not showing in Settings

When I go to Settings / Devices / Touchpad, the "Leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected" does not show up at all. I hadn't realized it was supposed to be there until I saw it on another one's system.

Is there a way that I can that to show up on this system?

:)

Rubert Mumps, Apr 3, 2020
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Touchpad

Hi Denise,

To address your concern, we suggest that you check if the touchpad is enabled in Mouse Properties.

Please follow these steps below to check the status of the touchpad.

• Click Start and choose Settings.
    • Click on Devices. Choose Mouse & touchpad. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click
      Additional mouse options.
    • The Mouse Properties window will open. Click the tab furthest to the right (ELAN
      or Device Settings).
    • Under Devices, check if your touchpad is disabled. If it is disabled, click the touchpad to select it and then click
      Enable.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Touchpad option not showing in Settings

precision touchpad settings/revert to synapsis driver

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the details.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you finding the settings for Synaptics Touchpad.

• Press Windows + X keys, select Control Panel.
    • Select Large view in Categories.
    • Select Mouse and select Synaptics touchpad
      in the tabs and check if you can find the settings for it.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Touchpad option not showing in Settings

1. Touchpad option not showing in Settings - Similar Threads - Touchpad option showing

2. cellular network option is not showing in settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cellular network option is not showing in settings: cellular network option is missing in settings, i have also installed drivers for it but it is not working , if I insert sim card there is no pop up message or any notification...
  3. cellular network option is not showing in settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cellular network option is not showing in settings: cellular network option is missing in settings, i have also installed drivers for it but it is not working , if I insert sim card there is no pop up message or any notification...
  4. Touchpad options are different than showing up on internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad options are different than showing up on internet: Hi, I have recently re-installed windows 11 on my new upgraded SSD. While I was trying to update my settings related to touchpad gestures and multi-finger touch I noticed that there are no such options available in my system. I have posted Screenshots of my systemlight theme...
  5. Touchpad options are different than showing up on internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad options are different than showing up on internet: Hi, I have recently re-installed windows 11 on my new upgraded SSD. While I was trying to update my settings related to touchpad gestures and multi-finger touch I noticed that there are no such options available in my system. I have posted Screenshots of my systemlight theme...
  6. Touchpad settings with only 2 options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad settings with only 2 options: Hey, so my laptop is a lenovo ideapad s145, and when i access my touchpad settings, it only has 2 options, how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-settings-with-only-2-options/9e31629e-1c8f-4db0-b4e4-a5167ab19adb
  7. Touchpad settings with only 2 options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad settings with only 2 options: Hey, so my laptop is a lenovo ideapad s145, and when i access my touchpad settings, it only has 2 options, how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-settings-with-only-2-options/9e31629e-1c8f-4db0-b4e4-a5167ab19adb
  8. Touchpad not showing any settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad not showing any settings: [ATTACH] There are no settings for touchpad after the latest update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-not-showing-any-settings/2b6a3fcb-ed3b-4c7e-9c7e-cade034339d1
  9. Touchpad settings showing only sensitivity settings only

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad settings showing only sensitivity settings only: [ATTACH]windows is not showing the other touch pad settings it is showing only sensitivity settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-settings-showing-only-sensitivity/ab9a95c6-f856-4ae6-93ca-621c8cffe023
  10. Gesture options are missing in touchpad settings.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gesture options are missing in touchpad settings.: I want to disable and enable few gestures. But when I go on setting page and I am lost because there no options to do so and I am pretty sure my laptop does supports gesture features. Please help me in that. It will be a great help to me....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. touchpad not showing in settings

2. touchpad not in setting win 10

3. mouse & touchpad not showing in setting

4. touchpad settings not showing,
  5. two finger gesture setting not appearing in touchpad settings,
  6. i havent off or on option for touchpad,
  7. touchpad settings not showing up in settings windows 10,
  8. touchpad option not showing in settings,
  9. touchpad option not appearing in settings,
  10. not showing in settings tochpad,
  11. touchpad gesture setting not appearing,