Windows 10: Touchpad orientation

Discus and support Touchpad orientation in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello I use a laptop without a touchscreen display and recently, I happened to flip my display to portrait (flipped) mode because I found it to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ninja883, Mar 14, 2019 at 1:12 PM.

1. ninja883 Win User

Touchpad orientation

Hello

I use a laptop without a touchscreen display and recently, I happened to flip my display to portrait (flipped) mode because I found it to be more convenient when reading a book. But it still remains a mystery to me how to rotate the touchpad along with the display because using the former in the landscape mode when the latter is in portrait mode is exceedingly difficult. Can someone help me rotate my touchpad along with my display?

Thanks in advance.

:)

2. screen orientation

Hi,

There's an option on Windows 10 to switch between landscape and portrait orientation. We recommend following these steps on how to switch the screen orientation from portrait to landscape:

• On Cortana search, type display settings.
    • Choose Display settings from the list.
    • Under Orientation, select on Landscape and click
      Apply.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

4. Touchpad orientation

Display orientation has changed in Windows 10.

Hi,

I would like to inform you that this issue might arise due to the change in the orientation settings in Windows 10 Operating system. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Display.
    • Select Display settings from the list of results.
    • Now choose an orientation to landscape and check if that helps.

Or you may try resizing the windows by pressing
    CTRL + ALT + Up Arrow.

Hope the information helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 14, 2019 at 1:17 PM
Thema:

Touchpad orientation

1. Touchpad orientation - Similar Threads - Touchpad orientation

2. touchpad not working again

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touchpad not working again: Every time windows is updated my Dell Inspiron 7010 touch pad, Synaptic PS/2 port touch pad stops working. I've uninstalled it and restarted the computer and then it works again. However there should be a windows fix for this. With all the programers and engineers at...
  3. HP Envy cursor disappeared touchpad not working

HP Envy cursor disappeared touchpad not working: no battery on back... tried using fn keys and rebooting to no avail, but what worked was pressing the power button on the left side of the laptop at the same time as/along with the sound/mute button on the right side of the laptop makes it power off by force rather than by...
  4. Inactive Windows scrolling on Touchpad doesn't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Inactive Windows scrolling on Touchpad doesn't work: I recently bought the HPX360. I noticed that I can't use the inactive windows scrolling on the touchpad unless my start screen is open or if I plug in a USB mouse. I checked the mouse settings and the inactive windows option is on. I have tried to reinstall and update drivers...
  5. How do I turn off touchpad on my Lenovo Yoga 700?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn off touchpad on my Lenovo Yoga 700?: Since the last Windows 10 update I can't turn off the touchpad so I can use my mouse without having the cursor jump around when I type https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-touchpad-on-my-lenovo-yoga-700/56d75fcb-dc21-4c3b-a868-6c882c127844
  6. Keyboard and Touchpad Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and Touchpad Error: I have some problem with my 2 years old acer aspire es1-132 First the touchpad have weird behavior. Like jumping or clicking. Especially when i'm dragging. Its not always be like that, so i just use mouse when its error. Its not really bothering me Then after some months...
  7. Additional settings for mouse and touchpad settings stopped working

Additional settings for mouse and touchpad settings stopped working: Hi, my double-tap to click function had stopped working and when I went in to change my touch pad settings through 'additional settings' it didn't work. The additional setting tab appeared but it was blank. [IMG] How do I fix this? I tried installing new drivers from the...
  8. Touchpad mouse cursor stops, jumps or goes in opposite direction?

Touchpad mouse cursor stops, jumps or goes in opposite direction?: So I've recently noticed that when I'm home using my laptop/netbook, it's an iOTA Slim FHD - (Intel Quad Core Pentium N4200 (Burst 2.5GHz) Processor, 4 GB RAM, 32 GB eMMC Storage, QWERTY UK Keyboard, Windows 10). The strange thing is, that this doesn't happen during the day...
  9. Two-Finger Touchpad Scrolling (TFTPS)

Two-Finger Touchpad Scrolling (TFTPS): I have a DELL laptop and I am setting up an HP laptop for a friend. The DELL TFTPS works smoothly but the HP TFTPS is hit and miss. Both DELL and the HP have the touchpad ‘Sensitivity’ set to ‘Medium’ and both machines were new in November 2018 and have the Windows 10 Home...
  10. Disabling Touchpad without a Secondary Function Key?

Disabling Touchpad without a Secondary Function Key?: I just bought a new laptop recently, but I have noticed that there is no secondary function to turn off the touchpad (e.g. fn+F3 with an image of the touchpad). I also went into the Control Panel to attempt to turn it off, but even that didn't work. Can anyone help me with...