Windows 10: Touchpad pinch to zoom - increase zoom level vs magnify page.

Discus and support Touchpad pinch to zoom - increase zoom level vs magnify page. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On one HP laptop, when I do the two-finger pinch/zoom gesture on any browser, it will magnify what the page. They I can scroll swipe around the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mikefraser, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Touchpad pinch to zoom - increase zoom level vs magnify page.

On one HP laptop, when I do the two-finger pinch/zoom gesture on any browser, it will magnify what the page. They I can scroll swipe around the zoomed-in page, seeing everything larger.On the other Dell 5580 laptop when I pinch/zoom, it will increase the zoom level of the page 110, 120, 130, etc. This increases the text size and rescales the page, but it does NOT increase the size of any images on the page.How do I make my Dell touchpad behave like my HP? Thanks!Mike

:)

mikefraser, Aug 17, 2022
  2. pericles Win User

pinch zoom fixes do not work

I do not have a touchpad. I never said I did. But the posted solution indicates at this is the easy way to Disable Pinch Zoom. that is why I looked for a registry solution

Educate us on Gaming Laptops. They do not have a touchpad ?

Edit: Just saw post above. Looks like it does have touchpad. If so, try my suggestion in post #3 which should disable pinch zoom for the system.

pericles, Aug 17, 2022
  3. pericles Win User
    pinch zoom fixes do not work

Hi Ken

Just for your info, on my Toshiba laptop when I upgrade to a new build the Synaptics touchpad driver is automatically installed by Windows. Never had an issue.

It seems as if the OP would use the touchpad to disable Pinch Zoom as described in post #3, it would disable for system and mouse could be used without interference from Pinch Zoom. As an added device, the mouse is not able to access settings for Pinch Zoom.

pericles, Aug 17, 2022
  4. Touchpad pinch to zoom - increase zoom level vs magnify page.

Smittychat., Aug 17, 2022
Thema:

Touchpad pinch to zoom - increase zoom level vs magnify page.

1. Touchpad pinch to zoom - increase zoom level vs magnify page. - Similar Threads - Touchpad pinch zoom

2. How can I use pinch zoom to magnify the page instead of increasing font size?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I use pinch zoom to magnify the page instead of increasing font size?: Hi,On my Lenovo laptop, doing the two-finger pinch zoom gesture on Chrome will magnify the page. It behaves similarly to my phone: the page layout stays the same and the viewport just magnifies the website.On a different MSI laptop, doing the same gesture on Chrome will...
  3. How can I use pinch zoom to magnify the page instead of increasing font size?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I use pinch zoom to magnify the page instead of increasing font size?: Hi,On my Lenovo laptop, doing the two-finger pinch zoom gesture on Chrome will magnify the page. It behaves similarly to my phone: the page layout stays the same and the viewport just magnifies the website.On a different MSI laptop, doing the same gesture on Chrome will...
  4. Touchpad pinch to zoom - increase zoom level vs magnify page.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad pinch to zoom - increase zoom level vs magnify page.: On one HP laptop, when I do the two-finger pinch/zoom gesture on any browser, it will magnify what the page. They I can scroll swipe around the zoomed-in page, seeing everything larger.On the other Dell 5580 laptop when I pinch/zoom, it will increase the zoom level of the...
  5. Pinch zoom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinch zoom: I've tried many different instructions for disabling the pinch to zoom feature of the touchpad but none of them seem to work for me. Is there anything else I can try? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinch-zoom/482982b1-9185-47b8-8c04-8330ecc8d5a6
  6. Touchpad Pinch Zoom sensitivity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad Pinch Zoom sensitivity: I am using a notebook with the precision touchpad driver. I like the settings of my touchpad regarding sensitivity, gestures, and scrolling. Everything is great. Except the pinch zoom. It's way too sensitive. Is there any way to change that? Thank you in advance! submitted...
  7. Using Pinch Zoom without touchpad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using Pinch Zoom without touchpad: Hi, I like the pinch to zoom gesture of my Notebook's touchpad. But I'm missing the feature if I use my dockingstation in combination with an external mouse and keyboard (and screens). Often I want to pinch into websites on my screens attached to the docking station. But I...
  8. Pinch Zoom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pinch Zoom: I just bought a new HP laptop. As always, I looked to immediately get rid of pinch zoom but I cannot find it. Tutorials show going to "personalize" then "devices" etc but in the end, I don't have the options on the screen which they have on theirs. Also, most I've found...
  9. Touchpad zoom/ pinch feature issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad zoom/ pinch feature issues: I'm trying to turn off the touchpad's zoom feature on my Lenovo Ideapad 130-15ast that has Windows 10 and cannot for the life of me figure it out. There is no 'Device Settings' tab, no 'UltraNav' tab or anything suggested or listed elsewhere and it's driving me up a wall....
  10. Pinch Zoom

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pinch Zoom: Hello, I have found many threads on how to remove Pinch Zoom for windows 10 but none have been applicable for the options presented to me i.e. Control Panel > Mouse > UltraNav > TouchPad Settings > Application Gestures > Pinch Zoom > uncheck the Enable Pinch Zoom box....