Windows 10: Touchpad / pointer is freezing over after recent Windows10 updates

Discus and support Touchpad / pointer is freezing over after recent Windows10 updates in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a HP Pavilion Laptop with Windows10 installed (factory). The latest update has caused my touchpad and pointer (on screen) to freeze and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Delicious Goose, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Touchpad / pointer is freezing over after recent Windows10 updates

I have a HP Pavilion Laptop with Windows10 installed (factory). The latest update has caused my touchpad and pointer (on screen) to freeze and the laptop is hardly usable. The touchpad does work if I restart the computer, but after a few minutes it begins to freeze again. The touchscreen works fine. I did a system recovery to reset the computer (and lost a lot of files) after following several tips unsuccessfully and this issue still remains. Please help, this laptop is only 1 year old.

:)

Delicious Goose, Dec 28, 2018

2. Touchpad / pointer is freezing over after recent Windows10 updates

I have a HP Pavilion Laptop with Windows10 installed (factory). The latest update has caused my touchpad and pointer (on screen) to freeze and the laptop is hardly usable. The touchpad does work if I restart the computer, but after a few minutes it begins
    to freeze again. The touchscreen works fine. I did a system recovery to reset the computer (and lost a lot of files) after following several tips unsuccessfully and this issue still remains. Please help, this laptop is only 1 year old.

Delicious Goose, Jan 16, 2020
  3. BrianPhil Win User
    Touchpad pointer sticks

I recently updated Windows 10 (Dell Inspiron laptop), and immediately afterward the pointer for the touchpad sticks at regular intervals, then jumps to the proper place. I tried uninstalling the update, going back to the previous touchpad driver, ran hardware
    and device troubleshooter, and nothing is returning the touchpad performance back to where it was prior to the update.

Any help would be appreciated. Very annoying.

BrianPhil, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Touchpad / pointer is freezing over after recent Windows10 updates

Pointer slides out

Use finger on touchpad, and move pointer to where I want,
    and
    leave finger from touchpad,

pointer moves and slides out
    Any suggestions?

electron100, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Touchpad / pointer is freezing over after recent Windows10 updates

1. Touchpad / pointer is freezing over after recent Windows10 updates - Similar Threads - Touchpad pointer freezing

2. Touchpad not working after recent windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad not working after recent windows update: Hi,I have a Lenovo Legion 5, around 7 months old, and after a Windows update last week, my touchpad stopped working 10 minutes before; it worked fine, so I think it should be a software error. I tried updating the touchpad drivers, I tried deleting the drivers, and I tried...
  3. Touchpad not working after recent windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad not working after recent windows update: Hi,I have a Lenovo Legion 5, around 7 months old, and after a Windows update last week, my touchpad stopped working 10 minutes before; it worked fine, so I think it should be a software error. I tried updating the touchpad drivers, I tried deleting the drivers, and I tried...
  4. How to fix touchpad/pointer freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix touchpad/pointer freezing: I have an HP laptop windows 11, and my touchpad/pointer keeps freezing, I am sure it's my touchpad because I can leave my pointer over a clickable button and when I click it will not respond, I have reseted my laptop, and manually changed the driver for my pointer and...
  5. How to fix touchpad/pointer freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix touchpad/pointer freezing: I have an HP laptop windows 11, and my touchpad/pointer keeps freezing, I am sure it's my touchpad because I can leave my pointer over a clickable button and when I click it will not respond, I have reseted my laptop, and manually changed the driver for my pointer and...
  6. Touchpad pointer keeps freezing on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad pointer keeps freezing on windows 10: My pointer keeps freezing and works again after pressing any key from keyboard. But again after few seconds, it freezes. And again if i press any key from my keyboard it starts to worktemporarily.I've updated my mouse ,touchpad drivers but nothing's working.Ps: I currently...
  7. Pc freezing after recent update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc freezing after recent update: Hi guys, I recently updated to the most recent version of Windows 10 and it caused my pc to freeze every 1-2 seconds. Which also caused my mouse to freeze up as well. I tried updating my gpu driver to the latest version, and I also deleted my mouse driver and reinstalled...
  8. touchpad and pointer

touchpad and pointer: How can I get touchpad and pointer to work? Everything else appears ok, but touchpad and pointer are not functioning. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-and-pointer/ad9a51b2-28fe-47ee-8981-4f8a69cfd88c
  9. Pointer freeze after update (?)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pointer freeze after update (?): Since downloading Windows newest version 1903, I now am stuck with a frequently occurring pointer freeze. Despite uninstalling/reinstalling numerous pertinent drivers, the problem continues. Is Microsoft working on a fix? We need one ASAP. This is as frustrating as the...
  10. touchpad pointer is frozen

touchpad pointer is frozen: touchpad pointer is frozen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-pointer-is-frozen/1066a466-3346-4680-864d-f750a0602cce

Users found this page by searching for:

1. touchpad randomly magnifies screen since 1903 update

2. cursor frozen on laptop touchpad after windows 10 update

3. latest windows 10 updates freezing touchpad microsoft surface

4. latest windows 10 updates freezing touchpad,
  5. touchpad freezing after august 2019 windows 10 update