Windows 10: touchpad pointer is frozen

Discus and support touchpad pointer is frozen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; touchpad pointer is frozen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-pointer-is-frozen/1066a466-3346-4680-864d-f750a0602cce Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by randywalters1, Jan 21, 2019.

1. touchpad pointer is frozen

touchpad pointer is frozen

:)

randywalters1, Jan 21, 2019

2. Pointer slides out

Use finger on touchpad, and move pointer to where I want,
    and
    leave finger from touchpad,

pointer moves and slides out
    Any suggestions?

electron100, Jan 21, 2019
  3. Mouse Pointer almost invisible when pressed Win + G in games.

Hi Isaquede,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your mouse pointer, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes/updates made on your device?
    • When did the issue begin?
    • Is it happening in all your activities?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?

In the meantime, we suggest that check these article: Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    & How to troubleshoot mouse pointer display issues in Microsoft games, and follow
    the troubleshooting steps to resolve your mouse pointer issue.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 21, 2019
  4. touchpad pointer is frozen

touchpad sensitivity

Hi Joobster,

When you mean Touchpad sensitivity, are you referring to the pointer speed of your touchpad? Or are you referring to the touch/pressure sensitivity of your touchpad whenever to press your fingers on your touchpad?

If you are referring to the pointer speed, you may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type "main.cpl" and hit enter.
    • Click Pointer Options.
    • Under Motion, select the pointer speed you wanted for your touchpad.

touchpad pointer is frozen 6db33049-088d-4c1e-b711-ac1ccd87be71.png

Regarding the Touch/pressure sensitivity, then you will need to contact your PC manufacturer to assist you on installing the right drivers for your touchpad.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

touchpad pointer is frozen

1. touchpad pointer is frozen - Similar Threads - touchpad pointer frozen

2. How to fix touchpad/pointer freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix touchpad/pointer freezing: I have an HP laptop windows 11, and my touchpad/pointer keeps freezing, I am sure it's my touchpad because I can leave my pointer over a clickable button and when I click it will not respond, I have reseted my laptop, and manually changed the driver for my pointer and...
  3. How to fix touchpad/pointer freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix touchpad/pointer freezing: I have an HP laptop windows 11, and my touchpad/pointer keeps freezing, I am sure it's my touchpad because I can leave my pointer over a clickable button and when I click it will not respond, I have reseted my laptop, and manually changed the driver for my pointer and...
  4. Touchpad Cursor Frozen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touchpad Cursor Frozen: I Recently Updated Windows from Microsoft's media tool to try and fix a cursor problem that made it go crazy and move/click everywhere in my screen. I did more research and had fixed the problem by a simple "sfc /scannow" from cmd. After a few days everything was normal and...
  5. touchpad and pointer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touchpad and pointer: How can I get touchpad and pointer to work? Everything else appears ok, but touchpad and pointer are not functioning. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-and-pointer/ad9a51b2-28fe-47ee-8981-4f8a69cfd88c
  6. Why does the pointer keep getting frozen?

Why does the pointer keep getting frozen?: I am running the current windows 1903. I have had my laptop about 6 days and already I am experiencing issues with the pointer getting frozen. It frequently happens when the lid is closed after I open it. With ASUS' guidance, we have uninstalled and reinstalled the PTP...
  7. Frozen Mouse/No Touchpad

Frozen Mouse/No Touchpad: The touch pad on my laptop has long ago died, so I only have my mouse to move my cursor. The cursor is frozen. I cannot find any function key along the top that looks remotely like a "touch pad with a line through it." I have tried hitting F5, F7, F9 and F11; tried hitting...
  8. Cursor/Pointer using Touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor/Pointer using Touchpad: I have a Surface 3 and cursor will not stop moving around eg. while typing this or when I'm typing an email almost impossible to go back and make corrections. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursorpointer-using-touchpad/57939047-eeed-419e-80a9-62e5f71a5487
  9. Frozen Mouse Pointer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Frozen Mouse Pointer: after the update my mouse frozen every moment https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/frozen-mouse-pointer/3d8203bb-8ee8-49d8-8987-8e64b01e3085
  10. frozen display mouse pointer troubleshooting bsod

frozen display mouse pointer troubleshooting bsod: Today I had a frozen display mouse cursor and in the process of troubleshooting I experienced multiple bsod. The preliminary misbehaving software was Speed Fan by whocrashed. The software was uninstalled and reinstalled and when using it with Intel processor diagnostic tool...