Windows 10: Touchpad pointer keeps freezing on windows 10

Discus and support Touchpad pointer keeps freezing on windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My pointer keeps freezing and works again after pressing any key from keyboard. But again after few seconds, it freezes. And again if i press any key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Argon##, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Argon## Win User

Touchpad pointer keeps freezing on windows 10

My pointer keeps freezing and works again after pressing any key from keyboard. But again after few seconds, it freezes. And again if i press any key from my keyboard it starts to worktemporarily.I've updated my mouse ,touchpad drivers but nothing's working.Ps: I currently have windows 10 proAny kind of help or suggestion will be highly appreciated!

:)

Argon##, Jul 22, 2021

2. Pointer Keeps Freezing

Synaptic Touchpad 1.3 on SMB. I have the Windows 10 drivers. I have tried reloading the drivers and changing pointer settings. But still the pointer freezes for a few seconds occasionally, or I can't find the pointer for a few seconds.

Berg_virginia, Jul 22, 2021
  3. Nick Dich Win User
    pointer keeps on freezing hellllp and typing is slooooooowwww

Hi Alan,

We need to ask you few questions so we can help you with your concern:

• When you say that your pointer keeps on freezing, did you mean the mouse pointer or the cursor when you are typing?
    • When did this issue started to happen?
    • Are you using a certain program when this issue occurs?
    • Have you changed any settings on your computer prior to this?
    • Have you installed any programs that may caused this issue?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Nick Dich, Jul 22, 2021
  4. Touchpad pointer keeps freezing on windows 10

Still cannot disable touchpad after previous suggestions on Windows 10.

Thank you for replying I appreciate your help...

First your questions:

The only performance issue I have had with the touchpad is that after the upgrade to Windows 10 I no longer have any controls for the touchpad at all.

I have tried all of the suggestions others noted and none has worked unfortunately...

I followed the steps you listed...however I do not have a "Device settings" tab on the Mouse Properties screen- only Buttons, Pointers,, Pointer Options, Wheel, and Hardware. All of them refer to the mouse...nowhere on any of them is there a reference to
    the touchpad.

Thanks so much for your help.

LeeBedient, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

Touchpad pointer keeps freezing on windows 10

1. Touchpad pointer keeps freezing on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Touchpad pointer keeps

2. Freezing mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Freezing mouse pointer: My Microsoft Precision Mouse pointer freezes from time to time when I have not used it for a shorter or longer time. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. If I pull out the transceiver and plug it in again, it usually unfreezes the mouse, but if not, and I move...
  3. touchpad and pointer

touchpad and pointer: How can I get touchpad and pointer to work? Everything else appears ok, but touchpad and pointer are not functioning. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-and-pointer/ad9a51b2-28fe-47ee-8981-4f8a69cfd88c
  4. mouse pointer freezing

mouse pointer freezing: For the past few days, my mouse pointer has been randomly freezing, I have restarted, changed mice, etc to no avail. Windows 10 Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-freezing/eb39e85b-f35a-4403-9951-413271fb3574
  5. touchpad pointer is frozen

touchpad pointer is frozen: touchpad pointer is frozen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-pointer-is-frozen/1066a466-3346-4680-864d-f750a0602cce
  6. Cursor/Pointer using Touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor/Pointer using Touchpad: I have a Surface 3 and cursor will not stop moving around eg. while typing this or when I'm typing an email almost impossible to go back and make corrections. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursorpointer-using-touchpad/57939047-eeed-419e-80a9-62e5f71a5487
  7. Touchpad / pointer is freezing over after recent Windows10 updates

Touchpad / pointer is freezing over after recent Windows10 updates: I have a HP Pavilion Laptop with Windows10 installed (factory). The latest update has caused my touchpad and pointer (on screen) to freeze and the laptop is hardly usable. The touchpad does work if I restart the computer, but after a few minutes it begins to freeze again. The...
  8. My mouse pointer keeps freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My mouse pointer keeps freezing: So for about 8-9 months now, my mouse has kept stopping randomly on my screen, It's very annoying. I have tried everything I could find on the internet to fix the issue. I've changed the settings, uninstalled and reinstalled my mouse, I even reset my computer 3-4 times...
  9. Windows 10 Pointer Keeps Freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pointer Keeps Freezing: Hello, I've been having a odd issue with two of my laptops with Windows 10 on them. On both of them the pointer will freeze for a split second and then jump to where it intended on being. This happens about every half a minute and I can't seem to fix the issue. Things...
  10. Mouse Pointer lags or freezes on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Mouse Pointer lags or freezes on Windows 10: [ATTACH] Even though we have a touch screen based Windows 10 devices, the mouse remains an important part of usage, especially when you want to do some hardcore work. When using Touch, it’s a bit hard to drag – and when [...] This post Mouse Pointer lags or freezes on...