Windows 10: Touchpad pointer keeps freezing on windows 10

Discus and support Touchpad pointer keeps freezing on windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My pointer keeps freezing and works again after pressing any key from keyboard. But again after few seconds, it freezes. And again if i press any key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Argon##, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Argon## Win User

Touchpad pointer keeps freezing on windows 10

My pointer keeps freezing and works again after pressing any key from keyboard. But again after few seconds, it freezes. And again if i press any key from my keyboard it starts to worktemporarily.I've updated my mouse ,touchpad drivers but nothing's working.Ps: I currently have windows 10 proAny kind of help or suggestion will be highly appreciated!

:)

Argon##, Jul 22, 2021

2. Pointer Keeps Freezing

Synaptic Touchpad 1.3 on SMB. I have the Windows 10 drivers. I have tried reloading the drivers and changing pointer settings. But still the pointer freezes for a few seconds occasionally, or I can't find the pointer for a few seconds.

Berg_virginia, Jul 22, 2021
  3. Nick Dich Win User
    pointer keeps on freezing hellllp and typing is slooooooowwww

Hi Alan,

We need to ask you few questions so we can help you with your concern:

• When you say that your pointer keeps on freezing, did you mean the mouse pointer or the cursor when you are typing?
    • When did this issue started to happen?
    • Are you using a certain program when this issue occurs?
    • Have you changed any settings on your computer prior to this?
    • Have you installed any programs that may caused this issue?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Nick Dich, Jul 22, 2021
  4. Touchpad pointer keeps freezing on windows 10

Still cannot disable touchpad after previous suggestions on Windows 10.

Thank you for replying I appreciate your help...

First your questions:

The only performance issue I have had with the touchpad is that after the upgrade to Windows 10 I no longer have any controls for the touchpad at all.

I have tried all of the suggestions others noted and none has worked unfortunately...

I followed the steps you listed...however I do not have a "Device settings" tab on the Mouse Properties screen- only Buttons, Pointers,, Pointer Options, Wheel, and Hardware. All of them refer to the mouse...nowhere on any of them is there a reference to
    the touchpad.

Thanks so much for your help.

LeeBedient, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

Touchpad pointer keeps freezing on windows 10

1. Touchpad pointer keeps freezing on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Touchpad pointer keeps

2. Why does my touchpad pointer keep freezing and how to fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my touchpad pointer keep freezing and how to fix?: My touchpad pointer keeps freezing, it only unfreezea once I close and open my laptop. My touchpad has been super slow recently as well, what do it do?? Its windows 11....
  3. Why does my touchpad pointer keep freezing and how to fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my touchpad pointer keep freezing and how to fix?: My touchpad pointer keeps freezing, it only unfreezea once I close and open my laptop. My touchpad has been super slow recently as well, what do it do?? Its windows 11....
  4. How to fix touchpad/pointer freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix touchpad/pointer freezing: I have an HP laptop windows 11, and my touchpad/pointer keeps freezing, I am sure it's my touchpad because I can leave my pointer over a clickable button and when I click it will not respond, I have reseted my laptop, and manually changed the driver for my pointer and...
  5. How to fix touchpad/pointer freezing

How to fix touchpad/pointer freezing: I have an HP laptop windows 11, and my touchpad/pointer keeps freezing, I am sure it's my touchpad because I can leave my pointer over a clickable button and when I click it will not respond, I have reseted my laptop, and manually changed the driver for my pointer and...
  6. Touchpad Cursor keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad Cursor keeps freezing: For a while, my touchpad cursor has been not working, or just freezing every now and then for a while. When I use a wireless mouse it works just fine but I like to use my touchpad for other specific things. I'm not sure if this is a visual problem, something wrong with my...
  7. Touchpad Cursor keeps freezing

Touchpad Cursor keeps freezing: For a while, my touchpad cursor has been not working, or just freezing every now and then for a while. When I use a wireless mouse it works just fine but I like to use my touchpad for other specific things. I'm not sure if this is a visual problem, something wrong with my...
  8. touchpad and pointer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touchpad and pointer: How can I get touchpad and pointer to work? Everything else appears ok, but touchpad and pointer are not functioning. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-and-pointer/ad9a51b2-28fe-47ee-8981-4f8a69cfd88c
  9. My mouse pointer keeps freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My mouse pointer keeps freezing: So for about 8-9 months now, my mouse has kept stopping randomly on my screen, It's very annoying. I have tried everything I could find on the internet to fix the issue. I've changed the settings, uninstalled and reinstalled my mouse, I even reset my computer 3-4 times...
  10. Windows 10 Pointer Keeps Freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pointer Keeps Freezing: Hello, I've been having a odd issue with two of my laptops with Windows 10 on them. On both of them the pointer will freeze for a split second and then jump to where it intended on being. This happens about every half a minute and I can't seem to fix the issue. Things...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 touchpad pointer hangs