Windows 10: TouchPad problem in windows 10

Discus and support TouchPad problem in windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My touchpad stop working after recent windows 10 update and not able to fix this issue please help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HabibpSr, Sep 23, 2020.

1. HabibpSr Win User

TouchPad problem in windows 10

My touchpad stop working after recent windows 10 update and not able to fix this issue please help

:)

HabibpSr, Sep 23, 2020

2. TouchPad problem

see attached screenshot of the keys after I re ran the scan

so i assume next steps are to have that program open that you suggested whilst using the laptop and then when the touchpad gets disabled to check if the keys have changed?

bartjunited, Sep 23, 2020
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Sep 23, 2020
  4. TouchPad problem in windows 10

Windows 10 problems with Touchpad

Hi Tanvir,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to download the latest drivers for the Touchpad from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Also, can update the driver from the system by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + R and type “devmgmt.msc” and press Enter.
    • Right click on the touchpad drivers and select the option to update the driver and follow the prompts to update.
    Check if it helps.

For further reading, Please refer the article Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...yboard-problems-in-windows?T1=tab04#v1h=tab01

I hope the issue will be resolved. If you have any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

TouchPad problem in windows 10

1. TouchPad problem in windows 10 - Similar Threads - TouchPad problem

2. Problem with touchpad.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with touchpad.: My mouse cursor only moves with my Bluetooth mouse, but when I try to move it with my touchpad it doesn't work. Not sure what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-touchpad/32a07f73-2121-42a8-a537-3cbb2efd320f
  3. Problem with touchpad.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with touchpad.: My mouse cursor only moves with my Bluetooth mouse, but when I try to move it with my touchpad it doesn't work. Not sure what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-touchpad/32a07f73-2121-42a8-a537-3cbb2efd320f
  4. I have problem in my laptop touchpad also . It is not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have problem in my laptop touchpad also . It is not working properly: I have problem in my laptop touchpad also . It is not working properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-problem-in-my-laptop-touchpad-also-it-is/d0448794-e258-45cc-864b-7dc10890ecd6
  5. I have problem in my laptop touchpad also . It is not working properly

I have problem in my laptop touchpad also . It is not working properly: I have problem in my laptop touchpad also . It is not working properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-problem-in-my-laptop-touchpad-also-it-is/d0448794-e258-45cc-864b-7dc10890ecd6
  6. I have problem in my laptop touchpad also . It is not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. I have found the actual problem on why the touchpad stops working I2C HID error and a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have found the actual problem on why the touchpad stops working I2C HID error and a...: Hello, I have had the same issue for MONTHS I have tried every single tutorial on YouTube and searched all over google for sooooo long I have installed and reinstalled NUMEROUS times but then I gave up and just used a Bluetooth mouse for the past 2 months however today I...
  8. I have found the actual problem on why the touchpad stops working I2C HID error and a...

I have found the actual problem on why the touchpad stops working I2C HID error and a...: Hello, I have had the same issue for MONTHS I have tried every single tutorial on YouTube and searched all over google for sooooo long I have installed and reinstalled NUMEROUS times but then I gave up and just used a Bluetooth mouse for the past 2 months however today I...
  9. Problem regarding my Touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem regarding my Touchpad: Good Morning, I am having problems regarding my touchpad. I have done everything I could like deleting the touchpad driver and reinstalling it, etc. but the problem still persists. It sometimes stops working completely or most of the time starts to shake and press the...
  10. Problem regarding my Touchpad

Problem regarding my Touchpad: Good Morning, I am having problems regarding my touchpad. I have done everything I could like deleting the touchpad driver and reinstalling it, etc. but the problem still persists. It sometimes stops working completely or most of the time starts to shake and press the...