Windows 10: Touchpad Problem

Discus and support Touchpad Problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My touchpad has recently decided to enable "Tap to Click" itself !! I have tried several suggestions to disable this but always stumped by the Touchpad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Marbo Shark, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Touchpad Problem

My touchpad has recently decided to enable "Tap to Click" itself !! I have tried several suggestions to disable this but always stumped by the Touchpad settings not displaying this option on the "mouse" settings. Any other way of doing this please??

W10 Pro HP g6 Notebook

Thanks MS

:)

Marbo Shark, Mar 14, 2020

2. TouchPad problem

see attached screenshot of the keys after I re ran the scan

so i assume next steps are to have that program open that you suggested whilst using the laptop and then when the touchpad gets disabled to check if the keys have changed?

bartjunited, Mar 14, 2020
  3. turn off touchpad

Thanks for trying I downloaded driver for touchpad, followed the steps you listed but it did not solve the problem - When I get to the last tab for the software, there is no checkbox for "disable touchpad if mouse is attached." I can completely disable the
    touchpad by system, and you, advised against this so at least I had the warning not to completely disable touchpad. I have tried the other options suggested but to no avail. Frustrating!

MonetteIrwin, Mar 14, 2020
  4. nxavis9 Win User

Touchpad Problem

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

Touchpad Problem

1. Touchpad Problem - Similar Threads - Touchpad Problem

2. touchpad driver problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touchpad driver problem: i have a asus X540UA notebook. i installed the window 10 pro 32 bit but i am not capable to install the touch pad driver. i try so much but i cannot get the right one. i want help to proper work of my laptop. please reply me and give the best solution as soon as possible. i...
  3. Problem with touchpad while gaming

Problem with touchpad while gaming: Whenever i want to play a game, i cant use the WASD keys and use the touchpad at the same time. Im on an HP Pavilion x360, and im on the latest version of Windows 10 Basically when i hold the W key im unable to look around. When i let go of the W key it takes ~1 second for...
  4. Touchpad problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Touchpad problem: In the latest version (1903) of windows 10 my laptop's touchPad just stopped working. In the attachment you can see there is no other options of touchpad just these two. I also tried the Fn+touchpad key from the keyboard but it is still disabled. I updated the latest driver...
  5. Problem with touchpad

Problem with touchpad: Hi, I'm using DELL Inspiron 15 7548 and I have problem with touchpad. It doesn't work. Latest windows 10 updates are installed. I searched for drivers in DELL site, but didn't find anything related to mouse/touchpad. I've downloaded apps like Dell appassist, driver booster,...
  6. touchpad along with other problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    touchpad along with other problems: hello i have lenovo ideapad y700 15isk. look , i have observed that whenever touchpad stops working and when i hover the cursor with my wireless mouse over the open programs in taskbar the thumbnail preview is not shown. and not only this, when i am working on a 3d software...
  7. Windows 10 Upgrade to Version 1903 - it has a HUGE problem with Touchpad settings -- a...

Windows 10 Upgrade to Version 1903 - it has a HUGE problem with Touchpad settings -- a...: Last week I upgraded from Windows 10 version 1803 to the new major upgrade 1903. It was a DISASTER, but fortunately I discovered the problem early enough to revert back to version 1803. The problem is with the Synaptics Touchpad settings. Version 1903 lacks the ability to...
  8. touchpad problem

touchpad problem: my packard bell laptop also touchpad works but also the most right area scrolling doesn't work anymore i need to change the driver but have no link any links? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-problem/7c826242-77f3-43ee-9bda-f072221ff206
  9. KB4509478 Synaptics Touchpad Driver Compatibility Problem

KB4509478 Synaptics Touchpad Driver Compatibility Problem: I posted as a reply to <link> "https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/After-installation-of-Microsoft-update-KB4509478-Synaptics/m-p/7164381#M194726" and wish to bring this symptom to the attention of Microsoft. After installation of Microsoft...
  10. Synaptics TouchPad Driver Problem!

Synaptics TouchPad Driver Problem!: So i updated my laptop to windows 10 (clean install) and after that update i started downloading drivers and everything went well and good until i tried to install my touchpad drivers because they for some reason are non existant even in device manager. In device manager...