Windows 10: Touchpad Problems after Windows Update

Discus and support Touchpad Problems after Windows Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My synaptics touchpad's right button no longer has any effect and the "Synaptics App" Clickpad settings blink rapidly after the last Windows Update.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IAMOPERAFLUTE, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Touchpad Problems after Windows Update

My synaptics touchpad's right button no longer has any effect and the "Synaptics App" Clickpad settings blink rapidly after the last Windows Update. Which update is most likely to be guilty see screenshot/should I roll back? Rolling back the touchpad driver, and rolling it forward again did nothing.

It is utterly exhausting having to fix my computer after every single update.

This is what broke my mouse:

Touchpad Problems after Windows Update 210a10e4-c211-48af-93fb-c32a1deb4c06?upload=true.jpg

This update which came after did not fix the problem:
    Touchpad Problems after Windows Update eabc54af-7c95-4b83-a62f-2191bfe854da?upload=true.jpg

Synaptics Pointing Device v19.5.35.54

Windows 10 Home

10.9.19402 Build 19402

:)

IAMOPERAFLUTE, Apr 10, 2021

2. TouchPad problem

see attached screenshot of the keys after I re ran the scan

so i assume next steps are to have that program open that you suggested whilst using the laptop and then when the touchpad gets disabled to check if the keys have changed?

bartjunited, Apr 10, 2021
  3. Windows 10 problems with Touchpad

Hi Tanvir,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to download the latest drivers for the Touchpad from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Also, can update the driver from the system by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + R and type “devmgmt.msc” and press Enter.
    • Right click on the touchpad drivers and select the option to update the driver and follow the prompts to update.
    Check if it helps.

For further reading, Please refer the article Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows and check if it helps.

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows

I hope the issue will be resolved. If you have any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Apr 10, 2021
  4. Touchpad Problems after Windows Update

Touchpad and video problems after installing Windows 10

Hi Mike,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

I understand that you have issues with Touchpad and video after upgrading to Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know more information to help you better.

• Do you face the issue with video only on YouTube/any other source?
    • Is your system up to date?
    This issue may occur if you have not updated the Touchpad drivers.

Kindly follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the video playback troubleshooter and check if it resolves the issue with videos. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.
    • Click on Hardware and devices under Troubleshoot computer problems.
    • Click on Video playback under Windows.
    • Click on Advanced on the Video playback dialog box and click on
      Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).
    • Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Video playback troubleshooter.
    Method 2:

Note: Before performing below steps, make sure that you have enabled all the options under the Mouse and touchpad options from settings. To do so, go to
    Settings-> click on Devices->select Mouse and Touchpad-> Change the settings to enable touchpad features.

I suggest you to update the touch pad drivers through the device manager and check if it helps.

Update Touchpad drivers.

Please follow the steps given here to uninstall and then reinstall the Display drivers.

a) Press Windows +X keys on the keyboard.

b) Select Device Manager.

c) Find and double-click Mice and other pointing devices.

d) Right-click the device, and click Update driver software.

e) Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

f) After updating software, reboot your computer as soon as possible.

If you still face the issue, I suggest you to install the touchpad drivers from the manufacturer site.

If the issue still persists, then follow the below method.

Method 3:

Make sure the system is up to date. Follow the below steps.

• Open Start menu and type Windows update.
      • Click on Windows update and check whether there are any updates.
      • Install if there are any updates in Windows updates.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

Touchpad Problems after Windows Update

1. Touchpad Problems after Windows Update - Similar Threads - Touchpad Problems Update

2. Touchpad not working after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad not working after windows update: So I had a windows update and after it was finished, I realized that my touchpad was not working. After some digging up, I found that my touchpad driver was missing. I'm pretty sure it's called "HID-Compliant Touchpad". I'm using an external mouse for the time being, and any...
  3. Touchpad not working after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad not working after windows update: So I had a windows update and after it was finished, I realized that my touchpad was not working. After some digging up, I found that my touchpad driver was missing. I'm pretty sure it's called "HID-Compliant Touchpad". I'm using an external mouse for the time being, and any...
  4. Touchpad not working after windows update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad not working after windows update.: My touchpad stopped working after a windows update. I can move the pointer, but that's all, no scrolling or right click with 2 fingers, and it's veeery frustrating in a laptob. I tried several options detailed in articles without a success, and I'm sure it's not it's not a...
  5. Problems with touchpad after removing mouse

Problems with touchpad after removing mouse: I have unchecked the option that lets the touchpad active if a mouse is connected but when I remove my mouse the touchpad does not work. Could this be a Windows problem or a driver problem ?...
  6. Touchpad Not Working After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad Not Working After Windows Update: After a Windows update, my touchpad would no longer scroll. I checked in Device Settings, and tried updating the driver and rolling the driver back. Neither corrected the scrolling problem. I also went to the HP website and downloaded the proper driver, but it wouldn't let...
  7. Touchpad problem after Update

Touchpad problem after Update: Last night, 9 April 2019, I updated my Windows to the last version but after that my touchpad stopped working. Am I the only one with this problem? Do you know what I can do to fix it? I tried to update the touchpad driver, to unistall and reinstall it but nothing worked....
  8. Problem with touchpad on HP Pavilion after updating to Windows 10

Problem with touchpad on HP Pavilion after updating to Windows 10: Hi, I've updated my laptop to Windows 10 and now the touchpad is really slow to react. I've checked the settings and it was set to a medium delay which I've now changed to no delay but it's still doing it. I've checked in device manager and it says the driver software is...
  9. Problems with touchpad after upgrade to Windows 10

Problems with touchpad after upgrade to Windows 10: I have a ASUS Q200E laptop. After upgrading to Windows 10, my touchpad had been acting a little buggy. Anyone else experiencing any issues? 11154
  10. Touchpad problems after reinstalling windows 10

Touchpad problems after reinstalling windows 10: Hi guys, i have just reinstalled windows 10 on my SSD and i have some problems with the touchpad. While using both touchpad and mouse, pointer keeps freezing and keeps making "beep" sounds...I reinstalled drivers over and over, and still nothing...Does any1 have an ideea of...