Windows 10: touchpad randomly behaves erratic or not at all.

Discus and support touchpad randomly behaves erratic or not at all. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; sometimes, particularly when I wake up my computer from sleep, the touchpad will not work. the cursor won't even be on the screen. for the longest time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/grandpa2390, Aug 3, 2020.

1. touchpad randomly behaves erratic or not at all.

sometimes, particularly when I wake up my computer from sleep, the touchpad will not work. the cursor won't even be on the screen. for the longest time I thought maybe my laptop was freezing up, but then I figured out I could still use the keyboard. I then experimented and found that I could disable the HID Touch Pad and then reenable it and my mouse would start working again. I've been doing this for a few months but I wonder if there is a solution.

Also occasionally the touchpad will begin to behave erratically when trying to use two fingers. the cursor will behave has if the two finger scroll is turning off and on while I'm scrolling so that the cursor and the scrolling jump around. If I wait it out, eventually the touchpad goes back to normal. Disabling the device and reenabling it does nothing to help with this issue. but maybe there's another service that needs to be terminated and reenabled because eventually it starts working again, but rebooting the computer seems to help.

submitted by /u/grandpa2390
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/grandpa2390, Aug 3, 2020

2. Touchpad problems when headset connected

My touchpad responds erratically whenever I connect headphones to my computer. I unplug the headphones and after a few seconds, the touchpad behaves normally again. But not always. Sometimes, after disconnecting the headset, the touchpad still behaves
    erratically, pointer lags, buttons sometimes do not respond. How can I fix this?

ElmerEscoto, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Cursor clicks on things randomly all by itself

Hi Tom,

Experiencing erratic movements of the cursor could be related to a hardware or driver issue, a third party software, or could be caused by a corrupted program. To help us determine what may have caused this, I would like to ask the following information:

• Were there any updates installed or changes made on your laptop prior to the issue?
    • If yes, what were those updates or changes?
    • Are you using an external mouse or just the touchpad?

While waiting for your response, please try the following steps:

Update Touchpad driver

1. Right-click the Windows key and select Device Manager.
    2. Expand the Mice and other point devices category, right-click the touchpad, and click
      Update Driver.
    3. Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Adjust Touchpad sensitivity

1. Navigate to Settings > Devices > Touchpad.
    2. Adjust the Touchpad sensitivity to Low sensitivity.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 3, 2020
  4. touchpad randomly behaves erratic or not at all.

E66 behaves erratically after using GPS

Hi everybody,

I have noticed that after I use my GPS (with Ovi Maps 3.0) my E66 will behave erratically.

I have listed the following symptoms:

- Applications will not load (most of them);

- Unable to launch contacts, calendar, messaging;

- On standby, it will not lookup contacts based on T9 input ( i.e.: from standby screen, typing 3283 should bring any "Dave"s on contacts);

- Will interfere on hidden applications;

Anybody noticed that or can try to reproduce it?

I am using E66-3 (211.03) with SW version 102.07.81

ppucci---01, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

touchpad randomly behaves erratic or not at all.

1. touchpad randomly behaves erratic or not at all. - Similar Threads - touchpad randomly behaves

2. Cursor moves erratically or not at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor moves erratically or not at all.: Using Lenovo MK820z all in one WIN 11 Pro 64 bit with Microsoft Wireless comfort keyboard 5000 and Microsoft wireless mouse 5000. Aggravating as hell - please help...
  3. Cursor moves erratically or not at all.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor moves erratically or not at all.: Using Lenovo MK820z all in one WIN 11 Pro 64 bit with Microsoft Wireless comfort keyboard 5000 and Microsoft wireless mouse 5000. Aggravating as hell - please help...
  4. My touchpad not touchscreen is behaving erratically, it is opening windows menu, help...

My touchpad not touchscreen is behaving erratically, it is opening windows menu, help...: Hi all,My system is HP spectre x360 running windows 11 digitally licensed. I am facing this issue where the mouse / touchpad is behaving erratically with a mind of its own. I don't even see the mouse pointer but windows menu, notifications, help section etc keep opening...
  5. My touchpad not touchscreen is behaving erratically, it is opening windows menu, help...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My touchpad not touchscreen is behaving erratically, it is opening windows menu, help...: Hi all,My system is HP spectre x360 running windows 11 digitally licensed. I am facing this issue where the mouse / touchpad is behaving erratically with a mind of its own. I don't even see the mouse pointer but windows menu, notifications, help section etc keep opening...
  6. Laptop Touchpad responds erratically while plugged in charger

Laptop Touchpad responds erratically while plugged in charger: I have a HP NotebookSerial Number : CND5410BHCProduct Number : T0Z08PA#UUFThe problem is when i plug in my laptop my touchpad moves erratically, and sometimes my mouse right clicks itself.If anyone got solution please tell me how to fix that.I have searched a lot but can't...
  7. Mouse suddenly behaving erratically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse suddenly behaving erratically: So, from about two months back, my mouse began behaving erratically, and i'm thinking it might be a Windows problem, going from what i've seen in other threads here.For reference:-The mouse will double-click and sometimes even triple-click frequently, and selecting text...
  8. Mouse/Windows Explorer Behaving Erratically

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse/Windows Explorer Behaving Erratically: I am about to go crazy with mouse issues. The problems are single clicks randomly trigger double clicks which sometimes causes windows explorer to momentarily freeze for a few seconds until it rights itself. Also occasionally a mouse click and the release will drag content as...
  9. Touchpad two-finger scroll erratic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad two-finger scroll erratic: I recently purchased a Windows 10 laptop PC from Dell (specifically the XPS 9380), and it appears that the built-in Windows Precision touchpad drivers aren't working properly. Specifically, the cursor jumps erratically during two-finger scroll, causing similarly-erratic...
  10. Mouse behaves erratically after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse behaves erratically after update: After the last update my mouse behaves erratically. It also generates error sound when I am playing 3D games. I did a clean reinstall of video card driver, plugged the mouse in another USB port and reinstalled mouse drivers. I use Basic Logitech USB mouse and Nvidia Geforce...