Windows 10: Touchpad scroll dead after Win 10 update?

Discus and support Touchpad scroll dead after Win 10 update? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As prompted, I updated my Windows 10. Now touchpad scroll is dead, and Mice/touchpad do not appear in device manager list. ???... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by J.t.Nuzzo, Mar 8, 2021.

1. J.t.Nuzzo Win User

Touchpad scroll dead after Win 10 update?

As prompted, I updated my Windows 10. Now touchpad scroll is dead, and Mice/touchpad do not appear in device manager list.

???

:)

J.t.Nuzzo, Mar 8, 2021

2. Touchpad 2 finger scrolling not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Have you enabled two finger scrolling?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1:

I suggest you to enable two finger scrolling and check. Please follow the steps below:

1. Press or tap “Windows key + X”, click on "Control Panel." Navigate to "Mouse," under "Hardware and sound".

2. Select the "Touchpad" tab in the "Mouse" window. This tab will also list the touchpad manufacturer.

3. Select "Properties," "Settings," "Advanced".

4. Click the box next to "Enable scrolling" if this option is available.

5. Click the arrow to the right of "Scrolling" to open the scrolling list and select two-finger scrolling to access the specific features.

6. Click to enable for two-finger scrolling feature, then select "Adjust scrolling region" or the similar option, if available.

7. Drag the scrolling region to cover a larger portion of the touchpad if you want to ensure you can scroll easily.

8. Click "Ok" to apply any changes and close the options windows. Keep clicking "Ok" until all of the windows with this option are closed.

9. Restart your computer if prompted. Your scrolling feature should be enabled.

If the issue persists,

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad driver and check.

Refer the steps below to uninstall device driver:

• Click Start, type Device Manager in the Start search box and hit ENTER.
    • Locate Keyboard Driver and expand the same.
    • Right-click on touchpad driver and click on Uninstall button to uninstall the driver associated with the device.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Also, download and install the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer website .

Please refer the article below:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/xps-15z/drivers

If driver for Windows 10 is not available then I suggest you
    to install the driver in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below to install the drivers in compatibility with Windows 10.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Mar 8, 2021
  3. accsmoo Win User
    Touchpad scroll not working on Windows 10

My Dell Inspiron 15 came with Windows 10...the scroll function quit working. When I rolled back the driver using the steps listed above, it still didn't work...the touchpad settings disappeared and the touchpad did not even show up in the device list
    anymore...then I had to figure out how to find the correct "mouse" on the device list and restore the driver...when the driver downloaded, the touchpad settings would not open...then when I tried to open a url on a webpage, all I got was a window asking me
    if I wanted to leave this page...my recommendation is not to follow these directions...just use your up and down arrow to scroll...it will save you some trouble...

accsmoo, Mar 8, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Touchpad Scroll work in Firefox, Explorer but not in Store, Edge

Hi, try looking for and use an older version of the driver.
    Then protect it from replacement by hiding the touchpad update (See the Tutorial section, search for hide).

For a number of people scrolling (one finger) and circular or chiral scrolling doesn't work in Win 10.

In my case scrolling with the touchpad wasn't working at all.
    I've played with this in the last day, and found I needed to use an old version of the driver.
    My touchpad is Synaptics: the latest driver provided by Windows is v19, from 2015.
    I tried using a number of different drivers from different sources- some wouldn't install, some behaved differently.
    I found Synaptics v16-3-8 TP_Synaptics_W74W84_X06_A00_Setup-6F2PM_ZPE (actually a DELL Alienware driver) works best.

I now have 1 finger scroll, flick, 2 finger scroll, pinch/zoom and circular scrolling all working. That includes Win10's Start menu and Edge (I don't use those but I just checked).

Searching the internet you may find various suggestions for modifying the registry and using different drivers. I've not needed to do the former.

There is a suggestion that MS ditched 1 finger scroll in favour of 1 finger swipe. I've no idea if that's true- the touchpad Settings seem to support functions that are not available if you use the latest drivers.

dalchina, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Touchpad scroll dead after Win 10 update? - Similar Threads - Touchpad scroll dead

2. Scrolling with the touchpad now ONLY performs the scroll after I let go of the touchpad.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scrolling with the touchpad now ONLY performs the scroll after I let go of the touchpad.: This suddenly happened while I was reading something. I didn't change any settings.Before this happened, I was able to scroll the page while my fingers were still on the touchpad. Now it just moves a little bit when I touch it and it waits until I let go before it scrolls....
  3. Scrolling with the touchpad now ONLY performs the scroll after I let go of the touchpad.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scrolling with the touchpad now ONLY performs the scroll after I let go of the touchpad.: This suddenly happened while I was reading something. I didn't change any settings.Before this happened, I was able to scroll the page while my fingers were still on the touchpad. Now it just moves a little bit when I touch it and it waits until I let go before it scrolls....
  4. Touchpad scrolling in Firefox with recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Touchpad scrolling in Firefox with recent update: With the most recent windows 10 update September 2022 two-finger touchpad scrolling is no longer working in Firefox. Is there a way to fix this?...
  5. Touchpad not scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad not scrolling: Hi,I have a Windows 11 computer. It is the HP Hewlett-Packed Computer.For some reason, my computer's touchpad won't move the cursor sometimes, or it cannot scroll with two fingers.From, SeowoongChang....
  6. scrolling on touchpad

scrolling on touchpad: Lost two finger scrolling...settings not available for touchpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scrolling-on-touchpad/63e43673-c34a-4fee-8b9e-27598a5b7712
  7. Touchpad scroll

Touchpad scroll: [IMG]I can’t use the two finger scroll on my laptop I tried many things as going to control panel and device and printers >> mouse and I cannot find device settings tab ! Also i tried the pointers method and didn’t work...
  8. Laptop touchpad not working after win 10 update

Laptop touchpad not working after win 10 update: Sony Vaio model SVP13218PGS After a recent (1 -2 weeks ago) win 10 update the touchpad on my Sony laptop no longer functions. I have been through all the usual checks and had a long conversation with a Sony technician but we could not resolve the issue. In device...
  9. TouchPad Scrolling Issue after Windows Update

TouchPad Scrolling Issue after Windows Update: After a recent upgrade to Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.356), the scrolling feature on my laptop's touchpad ceased to work. The mouse still works from the touchpad. However, the two-finger scroll feature is no longer working. I have an ASUS laptop....
  10. ASUS laptop touchpad scroll issue on win 10 pro

ASUS laptop touchpad scroll issue on win 10 pro: hi, all my scrolling activities (word, pdf, online) have a kind of inertia built into it so that once it reaches the end of a doc/page it AUTOMATICALLY restarts scrolling from the top making scrolling absolutely useless! The sensibility setting doesn't seem to change the...