Windows 10: touchpad scroll showing weird behavior

Discus and support touchpad scroll showing weird behavior in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My touchpad has the two-fingers to scroll a page thing enabled. I don't know why but it started showing weird behaviors recently. I usually use a mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by foolme_bear, Oct 10, 2018.

1. touchpad scroll showing weird behavior

My touchpad has the two-fingers to scroll a page thing enabled. I don't know why but it started showing weird behaviors recently. I usually use a mouse so I didn't notice till recently but every third scroll, the page scrolls in the opposite direction of the last two.....

What is going on? How can I fix this?

:)

foolme_bear, Oct 10, 2018

2. Touchpad 2 finger scrolling not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Have you enabled two finger scrolling?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1:

I suggest you to enable two finger scrolling and check. Please follow the steps below:

1. Press or tap “Windows key + X”, click on "Control Panel." Navigate to "Mouse," under "Hardware and sound".

2. Select the "Touchpad" tab in the "Mouse" window. This tab will also list the touchpad manufacturer.

3. Select "Properties," "Settings," "Advanced".

4. Click the box next to "Enable scrolling" if this option is available.

5. Click the arrow to the right of "Scrolling" to open the scrolling list and select two-finger scrolling to access the specific features.

6. Click to enable for two-finger scrolling feature, then select "Adjust scrolling region" or the similar option, if available.

7. Drag the scrolling region to cover a larger portion of the touchpad if you want to ensure you can scroll easily.

8. Click "Ok" to apply any changes and close the options windows. Keep clicking "Ok" until all of the windows with this option are closed.

9. Restart your computer if prompted. Your scrolling feature should be enabled.

If the issue persists,

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad driver and check.

Refer the steps below to uninstall device driver:

• Click Start, type Device Manager in the Start search box and hit ENTER.
    • Locate Keyboard Driver and expand the same.
    • Right-click on touchpad driver and click on Uninstall button to uninstall the driver associated with the device.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Also, download and install the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer website .

Please refer the article below:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/xps-15z/drivers

If driver for Windows 10 is not available then I suggest you
    to install the driver in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below to install the drivers in compatibility with Windows 10.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Oct 10, 2018
  3. accsmoo Win User
    Touchpad scroll not working on Windows 10

My Dell Inspiron 15 came with Windows 10...the scroll function quit working. When I rolled back the driver using the steps listed above, it still didn't work...the touchpad settings disappeared and the touchpad did not even show up in the device list
    anymore...then I had to figure out how to find the correct "mouse" on the device list and restore the driver...when the driver downloaded, the touchpad settings would not open...then when I tried to open a url on a webpage, all I got was a window asking me
    if I wanted to leave this page...my recommendation is not to follow these directions...just use your up and down arrow to scroll...it will save you some trouble...

accsmoo, Oct 10, 2018
  4. touchpad scroll showing weird behavior

Touchpad scrolling not functioning

My touchpad wont scroll anymore. When I go to settings there isn't even an option to enable or disable. No vertical scroll or horizontal scroll nothing to even suggest that a touchpad can scroll at all. how did this happen and how can I fix it?

Original title: touchpad scrolling

arlensocchia, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

touchpad scroll showing weird behavior

1. touchpad scroll showing weird behavior - Similar Threads - touchpad scroll showing

2. Weird keyboard behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird keyboard behavior: When I pressed - key it becomes backspace too, when I pressed : key it clicks enter too, when I pressed ? key clicks Shift too. Anyone can please help me? I suspect it's something to do with Fn key shortcut but searching online doesn't give any clues.I tried uninstalling...
  3. Weird keyboard behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird keyboard behavior: When I pressed - key it becomes backspace too, when I pressed : key it clicks enter too, when I pressed ? key clicks Shift too. Anyone can please help me? I suspect it's something to do with Fn key shortcut but searching online doesn't give any clues.I tried uninstalling...
  4. Weird PowerShell behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird PowerShell behavior: So, every once in a while I see powershell flashing on the screen. It just opens real quick and closes right after. It's so fast I can't even react to it. Now that I was playing a game I was thrown to desktop game went paused and I guess the powershell soft-crashed since it...
  5. Weird PowerShell behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird PowerShell behavior: So, every once in a while I see powershell flashing on the screen. It just opens real quick and closes right after. It's so fast I can't even react to it. Now that I was playing a game I was thrown to desktop game went paused and I guess the powershell soft-crashed since it...
  6. Weird PowerShell behavior

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Weird mouse behavior

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird mouse behavior: [ATTACH]Hello! I am experiencing some weird things with my mouse. Its kinda hard to explain so I have made a gif. Hope it will be clear by showing it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-mouse-behavior/254eb263-a502-4443-b4a0-85f873752e91
  8. Scrolling behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scrolling behavior: So I've had this issue for a while on my laptop, where I have my settings set to multiple scroll lines and it works fine with some programs like Firefox, both with a mouse and TouchPad. However, when on any native Windows related screen (like control panel) or Windows...
  9. Weird screen behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird screen behavior: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/cxcris [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fvnrx2/weird_screen_behavior/
  10. Touchpad behavior

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad behavior: I need to turn off the functionality that selects or activates something when the cursor is hovering over it. I want to select or activate only when I deliberately click. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-behavior/1c43dd64-bfa3-49be-9e4a-10c23cb1e81c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. red cross on touchpad icon dell erratic mouse

2. windows 10 scroll weird behaviour