Windows 10: touchpad scroll speed too fast in some applications

Discus and support touchpad scroll speed too fast in some applications in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a ASUS VivoBook F515 with precision touchpad. When I scroll using this touchpad it scrolls very fast with apps like LibreOffice but much slower... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Salil Surendran, May 2, 2021.

1. touchpad scroll speed too fast in some applications

I have a ASUS VivoBook F515 with precision touchpad. When I scroll using this touchpad it scrolls very fast with apps like LibreOffice but much slower when using Chrome etc. With a mouse it works perfectly well. How do I fix this?

:)

Salil Surendran, May 2, 2021
  2. kookmao Win User

touchpad scroll speed changes throughout apps

what i have done:

i tried going to lenovo's website and tried installing different drivers, they didn't work and some even disabled my gestures.

i have lenovo 320-15ikb laptop.

more on behaviour:

when i scroll with my touchpad i get different scroll speeds throught other softwares (unproportionate speed)

it will act normally in chrome, explorer and etc.

when i try to scroll through visual studio for example it scroll SUPER fast, happens also in spotify, random programs in office (like notenote but not powerpoint)

it's really frustrating when i have to use the touchpad instead of the mouse.

it has been like this since i got windows 10. (since i've been using the mouse)

i'd love to try any suggestions.

thanks!

kookmao, May 2, 2021
  3. Can I decrease the scrolling speed (using touchpad) of Adobe Reader?

I am using the latest version of Adobe Reader (DC 2017, it seems). Scrolling with a mouse is fine, but with the two-finger gesture on the touchpad (it is a Microsoft Precision touchpad, so it is not working by a propriety software) is too fast.

That is, just swiping down just one centimetre scrolls as much as one PDF screen (I am using Fit Width). As far as I tested, Adobe Reader is the only application that scrolls this fast. In fact, the two-finger scrolling is a little bit slow on other applications such as Google Chrome.

Is there any way to decrease the two-finger scrolling speed of Adobe Reader? Again, the scrolling speed is too fast only for Adobe Reader, so I do not want to decrease it system-wise.

Damn Vegetables, May 2, 2021
  4. touchpad scroll speed too fast in some applications

Touchpad Scroll

It was my birthday yesterday and I just got a new computer but there's a slight issue. The touchpad scroll is to fast and im moving my fingers slightly and it's speeding down the images. I am on windows 8.1 if that helps.

Nicolas111507, May 2, 2021
Thema:

touchpad scroll speed too fast in some applications

1. touchpad scroll speed too fast in some applications - Similar Threads - touchpad scroll speed

2. whatsapp scrolling too fast on win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    whatsapp scrolling too fast on win11: I can´t control scrolling speed microsoft whatsapp app. It goes too fast when using double finger scrolling on the touchpad. There is no problem with my hardware and/or drives. It only gets bugged on whatsapp desktop app.Any help?...
  3. whatsapp scrolling too fast on win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    whatsapp scrolling too fast on win11: I can´t control scrolling speed microsoft whatsapp app. It goes too fast when using double finger scrolling on the touchpad. There is no problem with my hardware and/or drives. It only gets bugged on whatsapp desktop app.Any help?...
  4. Adjust precision touchpad scroll speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adjust precision touchpad scroll speed: Hi!I'm experiencing issues with a slow scroll speed when using the touchpad on my computer Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 I would like to have it increased.I've been researching this a bit online but haven't been able to find any support that remedies the issue I'm experiencing....
  5. Touchpad scrolls too fast or too slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad scrolls too fast or too slow: On some apps like Edge, my touchpad scrolls too fast. On apps like photo, scrolling is just not fun because it's too slow. When those apps are not focused like clicking on the taskbar to focus on the taskbar, it scrolls normally....
  6. Touchpad two-finger scrolling speed

Touchpad two-finger scrolling speed: Is there any way to decrease the speed of scrolling via two-finger drag? The scroll speed in the settings panel appears only to work with a traditional mouse. I would like the scroll to be about half as sensitive....
  7. Microsoft mouse scrolling too fast/too slow

Microsoft mouse scrolling too fast/too slow: I'm using Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop combo and after almost every restart, the mouse scrolling speed using scroll wheel get screwed up. It's either too fast or too slow, depending on the previous adjustment. Only adjustment through Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center...
  8. Microsoft Apps Scrolling Speed Fast

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Apps Scrolling Speed Fast: I need some assistance with regards to my scroll speed/sensitivity. When I scroll through my mails, it literally flies up and down, or when using Visio, I have to always connect a mouse to not have any scrolling issues with Visio or Outlook. It is mostly common with...
  9. Mouse Wheel Scroll Too Fast

Mouse Wheel Scroll Too Fast: Hi, I have a Microsoft Keyboard & Mouse 2000, but, each time I slow the speed of the scrolling using the mouse wheel it works fine, until I reboot the PC. Then, on restarting the speed is super fast again (too fast to really control). Does anyone have any suggestions,...
  10. Mouse Scroll Speed too fast after 1607 update

Mouse Scroll Speed too fast after 1607 update: Thread Title pretty much tells everything. My mouse scroll speed went crazy after 1610 update. It's just too fast, not only in browse, but everywhere! How to fix it? 58809