Windows 10: touchpad scrolling direction

Discus and support touchpad scrolling direction in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i just but a surface pro 4 for my mum and her ask me to change the touchpad scrolling directon. Ive searched some detail from google and those said... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by filifele_112233, May 9, 2021.

1. touchpad scrolling direction

i just but a surface pro 4 for my mum and her ask me to change the touchpad scrolling directon. Ive searched some detail from google and those said that i can change the direction in setting touchpad gesture. However, i couldnt see any touchpad corner in the setting. How can i fix this problem. thanks so much

:)

filifele_112233, May 9, 2021

2. How do I change scroll direction of a mouse NOT listed under Mice?

Thanks; yes, those are great directions and did work to change the direction of the wired mouse that came with the computer. But the mouse I'm using doesn't show up as a mouse in the hardware list, so I can't follow the rest of those steps. I need the mouse to appear on the list of mice in order to complete this sequence.

salishsong, May 9, 2021
  3. Synaptic touchpad scroll direction not consistently reversed in Windows 10

I bought a new laptop with Windows 10 and am having issues with the Synaptic touch pad.

By default, two-finger swiping on the touchpad scrolled like a Mac (i.e. the scroll bars move against the direction your fingers move in). That's the opposite of what I like, so I went into the Synaptics ClickPad Settings (via the icon in the tray), and into the Two-Finger Scrolling properties (the properties button "conveniently" doesn't appear until you focus the row), and unticked the "Enable reverse scrolling direction" option.

This worked, except for two problems:

1. Whenever I restart, the setting reverts. It's not being saved properly.
    2. In the start menu, and other metro-windows-8-tablet-tile-thingy-style places, it still scrolls in the wrong direction! (But things in desktop-land are fine.)

Any suggestions? Registry keys to tweak? Updates to install?

The machine in question is an HP Spectre x360, if that happens to matter.

Craig Gidney, May 9, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

touchpad scrolling direction

I can't find how to reverse the touchpad two-finger scroll direction

Hi, if you look at your Device Manager you should be able to see whose driver it is.

touchpad scrolling direction [​IMG]

This lists no touchpad driver for Win 10:
    X552LAV | ASUS Global

This for Win 8:
    X552LAV | ASUS Global

Version V3.0.3 2014/07/0332.86 MBytesASUS Smart Gesture (Touchpad Driver) [Please update ATK Package V1.0.0020 or later in advance]

If you have no tab for it here:

touchpad scrolling direction [​IMG]

consider trying that Win 8 driver so you have access to its settings.

If that works, you may have to block any possible update that MS offers if you don't want that.

Once you have access to appropriate touchpad controls, it may be possible to consider your question.

How to reverse mouse and touchpad scrolling direction on Windows 10 | Windows Central
    Notice this condition:

dalchina, May 9, 2021
Thema:

touchpad scrolling direction

1. touchpad scrolling direction - Similar Threads - touchpad scrolling direction

2. windows 11 on laptop - no option to change touchpad scroll direction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 on laptop - no option to change touchpad scroll direction: i have no option to alter the scrolling direction. the option that is shown on many how-to's isn't available on my system. This is an upgraded laptop which is now also wasted as the tablet mode has also been removed which sux. Does anyone know how i can invert the scrolling...
  3. windows 11 on laptop - no option to change touchpad scroll direction

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 on laptop - no option to change touchpad scroll direction: i have no option to alter the scrolling direction. the option that is shown on many how-to's isn't available on my system. This is an upgraded laptop which is now also wasted as the tablet mode has also been removed which sux. Does anyone know how i can invert the scrolling...
  4. Touchpad not scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad not scrolling: Hi,I have a Windows 11 computer. It is the HP Hewlett-Packed Computer.For some reason, my computer's touchpad won't move the cursor sometimes, or it cannot scroll with two fingers.From, SeowoongChang....
  5. scrolling on touchpad

scrolling on touchpad: Lost two finger scrolling...settings not available for touchpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scrolling-on-touchpad/63e43673-c34a-4fee-8b9e-27598a5b7712
  6. Windows 10 Inverting Touchpad Scroll Direction

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Inverting Touchpad Scroll Direction: Apologies if this is a silly question, but I cannot for the life of me find the option that will allow me to inverse the touchpad scrolling direction. I've checked everywhere I could think of, which includes just the settings, advanced settings yes, I've gone through all of...
  7. need to reverse scroll direction on touchpad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    need to reverse scroll direction on touchpad: My touchpad direction (scrolling with fingers) changes everytime there is an update. It drives me crazy. I cannot find a way to reverse it this time. Why does this happen?...
  8. Reverse touchpad scroll direction? Cannot do it via Touchpad settings

Reverse touchpad scroll direction? Cannot do it via Touchpad settings: Hello, I have a Sony Vaio Tap 11: https://assets.pcmag.com/media/image...aio-tap-11.jpg On most modern day laptops and even phones, if you swipe up on the touch pad (using two fingers) or the screen, the page or document you are on will scroll downwards. But on this laptop,...
  9. How to reverse Mouse and Touchpads scrolling direction in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to reverse Mouse and Touchpads scrolling direction in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Mouse and Touchpads not only make computing easy but more efficient and less time-consuming. We cannot imagine a life without these devices, but still, it is a fact that you cannot customize these devices much. All touchpads and mice come [...] This post How...
  10. Change Direction for Four Finger Scroll in Windows Precision Touchpad

Change Direction for Four Finger Scroll in Windows Precision Touchpad: Hi, I've recently installed Precision Touchpad driver for my Synaptics touchpad, and it works like a charm. The gestures are plenty and smooth. However, I noticed that I don't like the direction for switching desktops. Instead of swiping right to switch to the right, or...