Windows 10: Touchpad scrolling in Firefox with recent update

Discus and support Touchpad scrolling in Firefox with recent update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; With the most recent windows 10 update September 2022 two-finger touchpad scrolling is no longer working in Firefox. Is there a way to fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PattiWilliams5, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Touchpad scrolling in Firefox with recent update

With the most recent windows 10 update September 2022 two-finger touchpad scrolling is no longer working in Firefox. Is there a way to fix this?

:)

PattiWilliams5, Sep 27, 2022

2. Synaptics touchpad - scrolling issues after Win7 to Win10 upgrade

Well, there's more to report.... and possibly progress, although with a slight twist.

A conversation in another thread with @Try3 led me to a guide he had produced here about searching for drivers (in this case for a touchpad) using the Hardware ID.

So I found the ID for my touchpad and went looking. I couldn't find anything through a search on the Synaptics site. But the search led me to one or two download sites (filehippo was the one I went to) which apparently offered drivers for this touchpad. I downloaded v.19.2.17.59 - and installed it.

To my slight surprise, and great relief, the touchpad works with this more recent driver. The good news is - it now also scrolls properly in the Win10 Start Menu and in Settings pages, and in the MS Store - all the UWP-designed apps where scrolling didn't previously work.

The weird news is that in Device Manager the touchpad is now listed as a Dell touchpad. The driver still shows as manufactured by Synaptics. But the Synaptics tab for additional settings (with all the options listed in my earlier post #9) has gone.

I suppose if I had followed @Bastet 's advice to try the Precision touchpad driver, something similar would have happened?

Anyway - I suppose this is a step forward, in that the scrolling problem is resolved. No help from either the Samsung support or Synaptics websites, but ultimately this forum has both identified the cause of the problem (UWP apps - thanks @jbcarreon123 ) and suggested a solution (thanks @Try3 ) albeit carrying a Dell label.

br1anstorm, Sep 27, 2022
  3. Touchpad 2 finger scrolling not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Have you enabled two finger scrolling?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1:

I suggest you to enable two finger scrolling and check. Please follow the steps below:

1. Press or tap “Windows key + X”, click on "Control Panel." Navigate to "Mouse," under "Hardware and sound".

2. Select the "Touchpad" tab in the "Mouse" window. This tab will also list the touchpad manufacturer.

3. Select "Properties," "Settings," "Advanced".

4. Click the box next to "Enable scrolling" if this option is available.

5. Click the arrow to the right of "Scrolling" to open the scrolling list and select two-finger scrolling to access the specific features.

6. Click to enable for two-finger scrolling feature, then select "Adjust scrolling region" or the similar option, if available.

7. Drag the scrolling region to cover a larger portion of the touchpad if you want to ensure you can scroll easily.

8. Click "Ok" to apply any changes and close the options windows. Keep clicking "Ok" until all of the windows with this option are closed.

9. Restart your computer if prompted. Your scrolling feature should be enabled.

If the issue persists,

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad driver and check.

Refer the steps below to uninstall device driver:

• Click Start, type Device Manager in the Start search box and hit ENTER.
    • Locate Keyboard Driver and expand the same.
    • Right-click on touchpad driver and click on Uninstall button to uninstall the driver associated with the device.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Also, download and install the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer website .

Please refer the article below:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/xps-15z/drivers

If driver for Windows 10 is not available then I suggest you
    to install the driver in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below to install the drivers in compatibility with Windows 10.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Sep 27, 2022
  4. dalchina Win User

Touchpad scrolling in Firefox with recent update

Touchpad Scroll work in Firefox, Explorer but not in Store, Edge

Hi, try looking for and use an older version of the driver.
    Then protect it from replacement by hiding the touchpad update (See the Tutorial section, search for hide).

For a number of people scrolling (one finger) and circular or chiral scrolling doesn't work in Win 10.

In my case scrolling with the touchpad wasn't working at all.
    I've played with this in the last day, and found I needed to use an old version of the driver.
    My touchpad is Synaptics: the latest driver provided by Windows is v19, from 2015.
    I tried using a number of different drivers from different sources- some wouldn't install, some behaved differently.
    I found Synaptics v16-3-8 TP_Synaptics_W74W84_X06_A00_Setup-6F2PM_ZPE (actually a DELL Alienware driver) works best.

I now have 1 finger scroll, flick, 2 finger scroll, pinch/zoom and circular scrolling all working. That includes Win10's Start menu and Edge (I don't use those but I just checked).

Searching the internet you may find various suggestions for modifying the registry and using different drivers. I've not needed to do the former.

There is a suggestion that MS ditched 1 finger scroll in favour of 1 finger swipe. I've no idea if that's true- the touchpad Settings seem to support functions that are not available if you use the latest drivers.

dalchina, Sep 27, 2022
Thema:

Touchpad scrolling in Firefox with recent update

1. Touchpad scrolling in Firefox with recent update - Similar Threads - Touchpad scrolling Firefox

2. Touchpad scrolling in Firefox with recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad scrolling in Firefox with recent update: With the most recent windows 10 update September 2022 two-finger touchpad scrolling is no longer working in Firefox. Is there a way to fix this?...
  3. Touchpad scrolling in Firefox with recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Touchpad scrolling in Firefox with recent update: With the most recent windows 10 update September 2022 two-finger touchpad scrolling is no longer working in Firefox. Is there a way to fix this?...
  4. Touchpad not scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad not scrolling: Hi,I have a Windows 11 computer. It is the HP Hewlett-Packed Computer.For some reason, my computer's touchpad won't move the cursor sometimes, or it cannot scroll with two fingers.From, SeowoongChang....
  5. scrolling on touchpad

scrolling on touchpad: Lost two finger scrolling...settings not available for touchpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scrolling-on-touchpad/63e43673-c34a-4fee-8b9e-27598a5b7712
  6. Touchpad scroll

Touchpad scroll: [IMG]I can’t use the two finger scroll on my laptop I tried many things as going to control panel and device and printers >> mouse and I cannot find device settings tab ! Also i tried the pointers method and didn’t work...
  7. Touchpad not scrolling since the Windows update.

Touchpad not scrolling since the Windows update.: I have a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10. Since the update my touchpad won't scroll with two fingers like it did previously. I've tried looking up ways to solve this but they don't work. I think this problem occurs when I restart my computer. thank you....
  8. Touchpad scroll not work

Touchpad scroll not work: i want to ask something, i think my touchpad is error. but its diffrence from question i see before. my touchpad scroll not working in any program like mozilla, explore, etc. but it work in setting, start menu. so what should i do to fix it?...
  9. Quirks with recent Firefox v56 update...

in Browsers and Email
    Quirks with recent Firefox v56 update...: Has anyone noticed the generic look to the Folders in the bookmark app? [img] I don't mind that, but you'd think that after all these years they'd make the app itself bigger. One other quirk; When I updated my machine in specs, the Options app had an unresponsive...
  10. Touchpad Scroll work in Firefox, Explorer but not in Store, Edge

Touchpad Scroll work in Firefox, Explorer but not in Store, Edge: Hi guys, hope someone can fix this: Lenovo Thinkpad R500 - Touchpad scroll works in Internet Explorer, Firefox, File Explorer, Device manager, Help and some other places, but it does not work in Start menu or any menu under Control panel, Edge or Windows Store - no matter...