Windows 10: TouchPad Scrolling Issue after Windows Update

Discus and support TouchPad Scrolling Issue after Windows Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After a recent upgrade to Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.356), the scrolling feature on my laptop's touchpad ceased to work. The mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by User_Error, Sep 21, 2019.

1. TouchPad Scrolling Issue after Windows Update

After a recent upgrade to Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.356), the scrolling feature on my laptop's touchpad ceased to work. The mouse still works from the touchpad. However, the two-finger scroll feature is no longer working. I have an ASUS laptop.

:)

User_Error, Sep 21, 2019

2. Issue with Touchpad scrolling

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the you are facing issues with Finger touchpad on your system. Let us try to help you with this issue.

This issue might occur due to incompatible or outdated drivers and missing updates.
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it.

Follow these steps.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.

• In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.

• Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".

• In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.

• In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes”
      option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.
    For reference: Fix touchpad problems in Windows 10

Let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 21, 2019
  3. Touchpad 2 finger scrolling not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Have you enabled two finger scrolling?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1:

I suggest you to enable two finger scrolling and check. Please follow the steps below:

1. Press or tap “Windows key + X”, click on "Control Panel." Navigate to "Mouse," under "Hardware and sound".

2. Select the "Touchpad" tab in the "Mouse" window. This tab will also list the touchpad manufacturer.

3. Select "Properties," "Settings," "Advanced".

4. Click the box next to "Enable scrolling" if this option is available.

5. Click the arrow to the right of "Scrolling" to open the scrolling list and select two-finger scrolling to access the specific features.

6. Click to enable for two-finger scrolling feature, then select "Adjust scrolling region" or the similar option, if available.

7. Drag the scrolling region to cover a larger portion of the touchpad if you want to ensure you can scroll easily.

8. Click "Ok" to apply any changes and close the options windows. Keep clicking "Ok" until all of the windows with this option are closed.

9. Restart your computer if prompted. Your scrolling feature should be enabled.

If the issue persists,

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad driver and check.

Refer the steps below to uninstall device driver:

• Click Start, type Device Manager in the Start search box and hit ENTER.
    • Locate Keyboard Driver and expand the same.
    • Right-click on touchpad driver and click on Uninstall button to uninstall the driver associated with the device.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Also, download and install the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer website .

Please refer the article below:

Support für XPS 15Z L511Z | Treiber und Downloads | Dell Deutschland

If driver for Windows 10 is not available then I suggest you
    to install the driver in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below to install the drivers in compatibility with Windows 10.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Sep 21, 2019
  4. TouchPad Scrolling Issue after Windows Update

Touchpad two finger scroll not working in windows 10 apps and menus.

Hi,

I realize that you are facing touchpad two finger scrolling issue on Windows store, Edge etc. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

• Have you installed all the pending updates on the PC?

• What is the make and model of the computer?

Close all open windows and restart the computer to login to a different user account to test if the issue persists.

Further, suggest you to update the Touchpad driver.

Follow the steps below to update the driver:

a) Press Windows and X key together and select Device Manager.

b) Locate the touchpad driver.

c) Right click on the Touchpad driver icon and click on “Update Driver software”.

d) Click on “Search automatically for Updated driver software” option.

Keep us posted to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

TouchPad Scrolling Issue after Windows Update

1. TouchPad Scrolling Issue after Windows Update - Similar Threads - TouchPad Scrolling Issue

2. Touchpad not working and scrolling issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad not working and scrolling issue: My touchpad is not working for the past two days, but whenever I am opening something it automatically scrolls down to last item.In any way these two problems may be connected and what are possible solutions.Windows 10 user, Device - Acer Aspire A715...
  3. Touchpad not working and scrolling issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad not working and scrolling issue: My touchpad is not working for the past two days, but whenever I am opening something it automatically scrolls down to last item.In any way these two problems may be connected and what are possible solutions.Windows 10 user, Device - Acer Aspire A715...
  4. Touchpad not working and scrolling issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Touchpad not scrolling

Touchpad not scrolling: Hi,I have a Windows 11 computer. It is the HP Hewlett-Packed Computer.For some reason, my computer's touchpad won't move the cursor sometimes, or it cannot scroll with two fingers.From, SeowoongChang....
  6. Synaptics touchpad - scrolling issues after Win7 to Win10 upgrade

Synaptics touchpad - scrolling issues after Win7 to Win10 upgrade: I have just done an in-place upgrade of Win7 to Win10 (v21H1) on my Samsung RF511 laptop, and I'm discovering various problems as I now try to use the computer. One issue (being explored in another sub-forum) is the snail-like boot-up time. Another seems to me slightly weird....
  7. Touchpad scroll dead after Win 10 update?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad scroll dead after Win 10 update?: As prompted, I updated my Windows 10. Now touchpad scroll is dead, and Mice/touchpad do not appear in device manager list. ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-scroll-dead-after-win-10-update/32534103-2599-4d35-8538-b7cc7ea06a46
  8. Touchpad Scroll Issue

Touchpad Scroll Issue: I got a problem with touchpad scroll. scroll is not working. window help showed me options, but those options are not available in my laptop. any suggestion to fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-scroll-issue/6d551d23-bafe-4b4d-9a9a-ff90fbab9533
  9. Touchpad not scrolling since the Windows update.

Touchpad not scrolling since the Windows update.: I have a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10. Since the update my touchpad won't scroll with two fingers like it did previously. I've tried looking up ways to solve this but they don't work. I think this problem occurs when I restart my computer. thank you....
  10. Strange scroll speed issues with touchpad

Strange scroll speed issues with touchpad: I have Lenovo IdeaPad z510 laptop with windows 10 (upgraded from 8.1). For a few months (or more?) I have a problem with my touchpad: In some situations it doesn't work at all. Sometimes it works just fine. And sometimes it's so fast that I can't control what it's doing....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. touchpad mouse wont scroll after update

2. reverse touchpad scroll after latest windows update