Windows 10: Touchpad scrolls too fast or too slow

Discus and support Touchpad scrolls too fast or too slow in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On some apps like Edge, my touchpad scrolls too fast. On apps like photo, scrolling is just not fun because it's too slow. When those apps are not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Vo1k, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Vo1k Win User

Touchpad scrolls too fast or too slow

On some apps like Edge, my touchpad scrolls too fast. On apps like photo, scrolling is just not fun because it's too slow. When those apps are not focused like clicking on the taskbar to focus on the taskbar, it scrolls normally.

:)

2. Touchpad 2 finger scrolling not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Have you enabled two finger scrolling?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1:

I suggest you to enable two finger scrolling and check. Please follow the steps below:

1. Press or tap “Windows key + X”, click on "Control Panel." Navigate to "Mouse," under "Hardware and sound".

2. Select the "Touchpad" tab in the "Mouse" window. This tab will also list the touchpad manufacturer.

3. Select "Properties," "Settings," "Advanced".

4. Click the box next to "Enable scrolling" if this option is available.

5. Click the arrow to the right of "Scrolling" to open the scrolling list and select two-finger scrolling to access the specific features.

6. Click to enable for two-finger scrolling feature, then select "Adjust scrolling region" or the similar option, if available.

7. Drag the scrolling region to cover a larger portion of the touchpad if you want to ensure you can scroll easily.

8. Click "Ok" to apply any changes and close the options windows. Keep clicking "Ok" until all of the windows with this option are closed.

9. Restart your computer if prompted. Your scrolling feature should be enabled.

If the issue persists,

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad driver and check.

Refer the steps below to uninstall device driver:

• Click Start, type Device Manager in the Start search box and hit ENTER.
    • Locate Keyboard Driver and expand the same.
    • Right-click on touchpad driver and click on Uninstall button to uninstall the driver associated with the device.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Also, download and install the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer website .

Please refer the article below:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/xps-15z/drivers

If driver for Windows 10 is not available then I suggest you
    to install the driver in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below to install the drivers in compatibility with Windows 10.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jun 23, 2021
  3. Synaptics touchpad - scrolling issues after Win7 to Win10 upgrade

Well, there's more to report.... and possibly progress, although with a slight twist.

A conversation in another thread with @Try3 led me to a guide he had produced here about searching for drivers (in this case for a touchpad) using the Hardware ID.

So I found the ID for my touchpad and went looking. I couldn't find anything through a search on the Synaptics site. But the search led me to one or two download sites (filehippo was the one I went to) which apparently offered drivers for this touchpad. I downloaded v.19.2.17.59 - and installed it.

To my slight surprise, and great relief, the touchpad works with this more recent driver. The good news is - it now also scrolls properly in the Win10 Start Menu and in Settings pages, and in the MS Store - all the UWP-designed apps where scrolling didn't previously work.

The weird news is that in Device Manager the touchpad is now listed as a Dell touchpad. The driver still shows as manufactured by Synaptics. But the Synaptics tab for additional settings (with all the options listed in my earlier post #9) has gone.

I suppose if I had followed @Bastet 's advice to try the Precision touchpad driver, something similar would have happened?

Anyway - I suppose this is a step forward, in that the scrolling problem is resolved. No help from either the Samsung support or Synaptics websites, but ultimately this forum has both identified the cause of the problem (UWP apps - thanks @jbcarreon123 ) and suggested a solution (thanks @Try3 ) albeit carrying a Dell label.

br1anstorm, Jun 23, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Page scrolling on its own

We appreciate your response. To troubleshoot your issue, we suggest that you follow these steps below on how to modify Touchpad Scrolling Settings.

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click Mouse and choose Touchpad tab.
    • Locate the Scrolling Settings area within the touchpad properties tab. Adjust the settings to meet your needs.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Touchpad scrolls too fast or too slow - Similar Threads - Touchpad scrolls too

2. Windows 10 disk image burner too slow or too fast

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 disk image burner too slow or too fast: Hello,I am trying to burn the windows iso to an empty dvd but when i right click the iso, press burn image, and press record button tells me the speed is too fast or too slow for the disk i inserted. How can i make a burn of the iso?...
  3. whatsapp scrolling too fast on win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    whatsapp scrolling too fast on win11: I can´t control scrolling speed microsoft whatsapp app. It goes too fast when using double finger scrolling on the touchpad. There is no problem with my hardware and/or drives. It only gets bugged on whatsapp desktop app.Any help?...
  4. whatsapp scrolling too fast on win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    whatsapp scrolling too fast on win11: I can´t control scrolling speed microsoft whatsapp app. It goes too fast when using double finger scrolling on the touchpad. There is no problem with my hardware and/or drives. It only gets bugged on whatsapp desktop app.Any help?...
  5. Scrolling through touchpad is too sensitive.

Scrolling through touchpad is too sensitive.: My issue is that whenever I scroll through touchpad in any window default apps Eg. Microsoft Store and Microsoft edge. It feels too sensitive despite my scrolling sensitivity set to 3, But scrolling works fine in other apps like chrome. I also checked the driver updates in...
  6. touchpad scroll speed too fast in some applications

touchpad scroll speed too fast in some applications: I have a ASUS VivoBook F515 with precision touchpad. When I scroll using this touchpad it scrolls very fast with apps like LibreOffice but much slower when using Chrome etc. With a mouse it works perfectly well. How do I fix this?...
  7. Microsoft mouse scrolling too fast/too slow

Microsoft mouse scrolling too fast/too slow: I'm using Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop combo and after almost every restart, the mouse scrolling speed using scroll wheel get screwed up. It's either too fast or too slow, depending on the previous adjustment. Only adjustment through Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center...
  8. MS Wireless mouse scrolls too fast

MS Wireless mouse scrolls too fast: My 'MS wireless mouse 1000' scrolls too fast. This is in spite of bringing down the number of lines to just one at a time. Please advise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-wireless-mouse-scrolls-too-fast/ab4bfb27-eb08-4b28-a287-e343c45f3b04
  9. Mouse wheel scrolls too fast in browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse wheel scrolls too fast in browser: Hope someone can help this is very frustrating. I recently updated from Win 8 to Win 10 and I think (but not 100% sure) that it was at this time that I started getting the problem. When browsing and using the mouse wheel to scroll it scrolls much too quickly. One click of...
  10. Mouse Wheel Scroll Too Fast

Mouse Wheel Scroll Too Fast: Hi, I have a Microsoft Keyboard & Mouse 2000, but, each time I slow the speed of the scrolling using the mouse wheel it works fine, until I reboot the PC. Then, on restarting the speed is super fast again (too fast to really control). Does anyone have any suggestions,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com