Windows 10: touchpad sensitivity how to change it

Discus and support touchpad sensitivity how to change it in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Today, after I reset my laptop computer (it had been stuck up) my computer is more sensitive than I'd like. It shades far too easily. I tried to fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DebbyJ, Jun 16, 2021.

1. DebbyJ Win User

touchpad sensitivity how to change it

Today, after I reset my laptop computer (it had been stuck up) my computer is more sensitive than I'd like. It shades far too easily. I tried to fix the problem by typing in "touchpad" into my search bar and then moving the slider down to zero. But it remains unchanged - I still have the problem. This slows me down. What do you suggest trying to do to fix the problem? Thanks!

:)

DebbyJ, Jun 16, 2021

2. touchpad sensitivity

Hi Joobster,

When you mean Touchpad sensitivity, are you referring to the pointer speed of your touchpad? Or are you referring to the touch/pressure sensitivity of your touchpad whenever to press your fingers on your touchpad?

If you are referring to the pointer speed, you may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type "main.cpl" and hit enter.
    • Click Pointer Options.
    • Under Motion, select the pointer speed you wanted for your touchpad.

touchpad sensitivity how to change it 6db33049-088d-4c1e-b711-ac1ccd87be71.png

Regarding the Touch/pressure sensitivity, then you will need to contact your PC manufacturer to assist you on installing the right drivers for your touchpad.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Jun 16, 2021
  3. Decrease Touchpad Sensitivity

Hello Pete,

There is a possibility that you're experiencing this issue due a touchpad driver problem. For us to efficiently assist you, we would like to ask a few questions:

• Could you tell us what is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you tried updating the touchpad driver on your device? If not, we suggest that you update it by following the steps
      here on how to update drivers in Windows 10.

Meanwhile, we advise that you try the steps provided by Pawan Dhondiyal in this
    article on how to adjust the touch sensitivity of your device.

We're looking forward to your response.

Stephanie Sal, Jun 16, 2021
  4. touchpad sensitivity how to change it

how to change touchpad sensitivity

how to change touchpad sensitivity

RobertSchneidmiller, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

touchpad sensitivity how to change it

1. touchpad sensitivity how to change it - Similar Threads - touchpad sensitivity change

2. touchpad sensitivity how to change it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touchpad sensitivity how to change it: Today, after I reset my laptop computer (it had been stuck up) my computer is more sensitive than I'd like. It shades far too easily. I tried to fix the problem by typing in "touchpad" into my search bar and then moving the slider down to zero. But it remains unchanged - I...
  3. How to change Touchpad Sensitivity in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Touchpad Sensitivity in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Want to change the Touchpad Sensitivity? If your laptop’s touchpad is too sensitive then […] This article How to change Touchpad Sensitivity in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. how to change touchpad sensitivity

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change touchpad sensitivity: how to change touchpad sensitivity https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-touchpad-sensitivity/4ff875b0-98f1-4804-8f8f-60b882690cee
  5. Touchpad Sensitivity

Touchpad Sensitivity: Dell XPS 9370 / Windows 10 May 2019 Update The slightest 'single finger' graze causes the Touchpad to register a 'left-click'. Touchpad sensitivity setting seems to make no difference. Same problem with previous version of Windows 10. Experiencing multiple false...
  6. touchpad sensitivity

touchpad sensitivity: hello my touchpad on laptop is very sensitive to touch and is driving me crazy! I have tried going into pc settings > touchpad, adjust to low sensitivity and restarted but I see no improvement. I googled it and found you can adjust the same setting via regedit. it was set to...
  7. touchpad sensitivity

in Windows 10 Support
    touchpad sensitivity: hello my touchpad on laptop is very sensitive to touch and is driving me crazy! I have tried going into pc settings > touchpad, adjust to low sensitivity and restarted but I see no improvement. I googled it and found you can adjust the same setting via regedit. it was set to...
  8. Touchpad Sensitivity

Touchpad Sensitivity: I never thought I'd have to do one of these, but it seems like I'm the only person on the planet who's ever had this problem. This morning, I downloaded a Windows 10 update on my MSI gaming laptop. Ever since then, I've had an issue with my touchpad, where the sensitivity...
  9. How to adjust touchpad sensitivity

How to adjust touchpad sensitivity: I want to adjust touchpad sensitivity on my Lenovo laptop. Please tell me the best way to do it. Thank you!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-adjust-touchpad-sensitivity/c5aa30f0-6b3d-4b55-a3ff-61968f0f742c
  10. Touchpad Sensitivity

Touchpad Sensitivity: There are two places to adjust touchpad sensitivity on Windows 10 and my Lenovo laptop. One is Settings/Devices/Touchpad/Touchpad sensitivity/Most sensitive to Low sensitivity. The other, beginning on the same page where this adjustment can be made, is also Additional...