Windows 10: Touchpad Sensitivity

Discus and support Touchpad Sensitivity in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dell XPS 9370 / Windows 10 May 2019 Update The slightest 'single finger' graze causes the Touchpad to register a 'left-click'. Touchpad sensitivity... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by guadrob, May 27, 2019.

1. guadrob Win User

Touchpad Sensitivity

Dell XPS 9370 / Windows 10 May 2019 Update

The slightest 'single finger' graze causes the Touchpad to register a 'left-click'.

Touchpad sensitivity setting seems to make no difference.

Same problem with previous version of Windows 10.

Experiencing multiple false 'left-clicks' when browsing the Internet.

Forced to disable single finger tapping and therefore return to single finger clicking.

Is there a way to repair/restore the capability of the Touchpad sensitivity setting?

Barring that is there a way to change the registering of a 'left-clicking' from 'single finger single tapping' TO 'single finger double tapping'? (I know that this change is possible within Windows Explorer, but my main problem is while navigating the Internet.)

The Touchpad (Precision Touchpad) uses a driver from 2006 (?) and that seems to be current and correct.

Let me know if I can provide any additional information.

Thanks in advance for your help!

:)

guadrob, May 27, 2019

2. touchpad sensitivity

Hi Joobster,

When you mean Touchpad sensitivity, are you referring to the pointer speed of your touchpad? Or are you referring to the touch/pressure sensitivity of your touchpad whenever to press your fingers on your touchpad?

If you are referring to the pointer speed, you may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type "main.cpl" and hit enter.
    • Click Pointer Options.
    • Under Motion, select the pointer speed you wanted for your touchpad.

Touchpad Sensitivity 6db33049-088d-4c1e-b711-ac1ccd87be71.png

Regarding the Touch/pressure sensitivity, then you will need to contact your PC manufacturer to assist you on installing the right drivers for your touchpad.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, May 27, 2019
  3. Decrease Touchpad Sensitivity

Hello Pete,

There is a possibility that you're experiencing this issue due a touchpad driver problem. For us to efficiently assist you, we would like to ask a few questions:

• Could you tell us what is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you tried updating the touchpad driver on your device? If not, we suggest that you update it by following the steps
      here on how to update drivers in Windows 10.

Meanwhile, we advise that you try the steps provided by Pawan Dhondiyal in this
    article on how to adjust the touch sensitivity of your device.

We're looking forward to your response.

Stephanie Sal, May 27, 2019
  4. Touchpad Sensitivity

Touchpad Sensitivity

There are two places to adjust touchpad sensitivity on Windows 10 and my Lenovo laptop. One is Settings/Devices/Touchpad/Touchpad sensitivity/Most sensitive to Low sensitivity. The other, beginning on the same page where this adjustment can be made, is
    also Additional settings/Mouse Properties/Settings/Advanced/Sensitivity/Heavy Touch to Light Touch.

- Which one should be used to adjust touchpad sensitivity? Why?

- Does one setting override the other? If so, which one? If not, which setting place prevails, since a setting in one place does not change the setting in the other.

- Do they do different things relating to sensitivity?

JamesReeder 1, May 27, 2019
Thema:

Touchpad Sensitivity

1. Touchpad Sensitivity - Similar Threads - Touchpad Sensitivity

2. Touchpad not sensitive enough

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad not sensitive enough: Lots of users seem to complain that the touchpad is too sensitive, but I have the opposite problem. I already have the touchpad sensitivity set to "Most sensitive", but I still have to push relatively hard to get a reaction from my mouse. Is there something wrong with my...
  3. Touchpad not sensitive enough

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad not sensitive enough: Lots of users seem to complain that the touchpad is too sensitive, but I have the opposite problem. I already have the touchpad sensitivity set to "Most sensitive", but I still have to push relatively hard to get a reaction from my mouse. Is there something wrong with my...
  4. Touchpad not sensitive enough

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. laptop touchpad sensitivity: in settings, no "devices"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop touchpad sensitivity: in settings, no "devices": HelloUsing a recently purchased HP laptop HP, running Windows 11. I am trying to reduce the touchpad sensitivity. The machine is almost unusable as is details below. In "Bluetooth and devices" there is no "touchpad" settings path. I have to use the touchpad because this...
  6. laptop touchpad sensitivity: in settings, no "devices"

laptop touchpad sensitivity: in settings, no "devices": HelloUsing a recently purchased HP laptop HP, running Windows 11. I am trying to reduce the touchpad sensitivity. The machine is almost unusable as is details below. In "Bluetooth and devices" there is no "touchpad" settings path. I have to use the touchpad because this...
  7. any app that can change mouses sensitivity and touchpads sensitivity seperately?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    any app that can change mouses sensitivity and touchpads sensitivity seperately?: when i change the sensitivity of mouse or touchpad through settings it changes it for both https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/any-app-that-can-change-mouses-sensitivity-and/a5e29343-23f2-4e8c-8ed9-3aaa2b6748e0
  8. any app that can change mouses sensitivity and touchpads sensitivity seperately?

any app that can change mouses sensitivity and touchpads sensitivity seperately?: when i change the sensitivity of mouse or touchpad through settings it changes it for both https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/any-app-that-can-change-mouses-sensitivity-and/a5e29343-23f2-4e8c-8ed9-3aaa2b6748e0
  9. any app that can change mouses sensitivity and touchpads sensitivity seperately?

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Touchpad sensitivity causes typing errors. I have a solution?

Touchpad sensitivity causes typing errors. I have a solution?: The only thing that stops the sensitive touchpad from working I found is:Get an old credit card and place it on the touchpad. I use one with very few raised letters or with no raised letters is preferred. Place it face up on the keypad and it stopped my fingers or thumb from...