Windows 10: Touchpad settings for all users on a domain laptop.

Discus and support Touchpad settings for all users on a domain laptop. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a laptop that is domain joined and I want to disable the touchpad for all users not just one certain account. Every time I disable it on a admin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AhnafJagirdar, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Touchpad settings for all users on a domain laptop.

I have a laptop that is domain joined and I want to disable the touchpad for all users not just one certain account. Every time I disable it on a admin account and then log into another account to test it, the settings do not stay the same. There is no hotkey to disable it on the keyboard and there is no options to change it in the BIOS. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thank you.

:)

AhnafJagirdar, Mar 18, 2021
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Mar 18, 2021
  3. Josie23 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

Touchpad settings for all users on a domain laptop. [​IMG]

Josie23, Mar 18, 2021
  4. Touchpad settings for all users on a domain laptop.

TouchPad problem

see attached screenshot of the keys after I re ran the scan

so i assume next steps are to have that program open that you suggested whilst using the laptop and then when the touchpad gets disabled to check if the keys have changed?

bartjunited, Mar 18, 2021
Thema:

Touchpad settings for all users on a domain laptop.

1. Touchpad settings for all users on a domain laptop. - Similar Threads - Touchpad settings users

2. Show all domain users in the logon screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Show all domain users in the logon screen: Hey!I have a Windows 10 PC that is part of a domain and has multiple Microsoft Entra ID accounts installed.How can I display all of those accounts in the Windows Logon screen?Right now it only shows the last account that logged in, but typing the email every time I need to...
  3. Set up all apps and UI as Local Admin User for all users of that PC on domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up all apps and UI as Local Admin User for all users of that PC on domain: Hi,So my issue is, is it possible as Admin on local account to set up all apps, and user interface behavior, so when i join on domain and domain user logs in, all programs and UI will work as I set up as Admin/Local user.Thank you for your time....
  4. Set up all apps and UI as Local Admin User for all users of that PC on domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set up all apps and UI as Local Admin User for all users of that PC on domain: Hi,So my issue is, is it possible as Admin on local account to set up all apps, and user interface behavior, so when i join on domain and domain user logs in, all programs and UI will work as I set up as Admin/Local user.Thank you for your time....
  5. WDAG is blocking the domain users on the laptop.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WDAG is blocking the domain users on the laptop.: When I enable the service Microsoft Defender Application Guard on the laptop. It immediately blocks the domain users on the laptop and the desktop icons will go missing and the window will start behaving weirdly when logged on as domain user. And when I go and check the users...
  6. All Touchpad settings not present in Windows Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Touchpad settings not present in Windows Settings: I wanted to change some sensitivity settings of my touchpad as on scrolling using touchpad since it just scrolls a lot like a lot of lines sometimes even directly to the bottom of the page in just one scroll but when I checked my `Touchpad` Settings, Only option I have is...
  7. All Touchpad settings not present in Windows Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Touchpad settings not present in Windows Settings: I wanted to change some sensitivity settings of my touchpad as on scrolling using touchpad since it just scrolls a lot like a lot of lines sometimes even directly to the bottom of the page in just one scroll but when I checked my `Touchpad` Settings, Only option I have is...
  8. All Touchpad settings not present in Windows Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. User@Domain / Domain\User problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User@Domain / Domain\User problem: So I was checking my Windows 10 computer and saw that there was no domain, it was in a WORKGROUP. I needed to use the format "User@Domain" or "Domain\User" for something, and I do not know what to put. The username is just "User" and there is no password. submitted by...
  10. All touchpad settings are lost

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All touchpad settings are lost: Hi, I seem to have lost the function of my touchpad. I cannot find anything about it in my laptop. One day it was working just fine, the next thing it was gone as if it was never there. In device manager I can only find my wireless mouse, which I now use. Before I was able...