Windows 10: Touchpad slows downslow response occasionally

Discus and support Touchpad slows downslow response occasionally in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dell Latitude 3400. The laptop is only 6 months old. I have been noticing this problem since 2 months and it happens every now and then. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Megapunk, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Megapunk Win User

Touchpad slows downslow response occasionally

I have a Dell Latitude 3400. The laptop is only 6 months old. I have been noticing this problem since 2 months and it happens every now and then. My touchpad somehow slows down as in it responds late like in milliseconds. I can tell the difference when that happens becuase normally it feels very responsive when i use it but then all of a sudden the touchpad decides to respond sloweri think and then i see this lag. The pointer becomes almost laggy like input delay in some games. Its really annoying, I have searched through a lot of forums and havent really found a definite answer. This problem happens occasionally.

This problem doesnt happen with an external mouse and my drivers are up to date.

WIndows Specification

----------------------------

Edition Windows 10 Pro

Version 20H2

Installed on ‎8/‎20/‎2020

OS build 19042.608

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

:)

Megapunk, Oct 30, 2020
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Oct 30, 2020
  3. TouchPad problem

see attached screenshot of the keys after I re ran the scan

so i assume next steps are to have that program open that you suggested whilst using the laptop and then when the touchpad gets disabled to check if the keys have changed?

bartjunited, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Touchpad slows downslow response occasionally

turn off touchpad

Thanks for trying I downloaded driver for touchpad, followed the steps you listed but it did not solve the problem - When I get to the last tab for the software, there is no checkbox for "disable touchpad if mouse is attached." I can completely disable the
    touchpad by system, and you, advised against this so at least I had the warning not to completely disable touchpad. I have tried the other options suggested but to no avail. Frustrating!

MonetteIrwin, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Touchpad slows downslow response occasionally

1. Touchpad slows downslow response occasionally - Similar Threads - Touchpad slows downslow

2. Slow response of mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow response of mouse: Have brand new computer with Windows 10 worked super first few months. Now the mouse takes forever to move around screen. The wheel just spins and spins before finally moving to where I want the mouse. I've run CCleaner and Avast but nothing found. Thanks for your help....
  3. Slow response of mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow response of mouse: Have brand new computer with Windows 10 worked super first few months. Now the mouse takes forever to move around screen. The wheel just spins and spins before finally moving to where I want the mouse. I've run CCleaner and Avast but nothing found. Thanks for your help....
  4. OCCASIONAL slow saves

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OCCASIONAL slow saves: My desktop is a Dell XPS 8920 with an Intel i7-7700K processor with 8M Cache, up to 3.6 GHz. 15GB memory, 2400MHz, DDR4. 256GB M.2 PCle x4 SS drive + 2TB 7200 rpm HDD. Save times are USUALLY sub-second. I've had this system for a couple of years, and this issue started a...
  5. Slow PC response

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow PC response: Lately Microsoft Edge, Windows Explorer, and Outlook turn on very slowly when I click on them. Edge and Explorer take 2 minutes to turn on, and Outlook 1 minute to turn on. Why? Never had this issue before....
  6. slow opening response

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    slow opening response: Iv downloaded MS flight sim 2020 and upon opening it when I get to the "checking for updates" the program lags then stops. I did a speed test on my wi fi set up and the results are as follows Ping 1Ms Download 33.26 Mps upload is 7.83 Mps could anyone help me with this...
  7. Slow response

Slow response: My keyboard giving me a very slow response on typing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-response/1a3f12a0-1adb-4de8-884d-0e0476213f70
  8. SLOW RESPONSE

in Windows 10 Customization
    SLOW RESPONSE: My PC has been slowing down for a while now, I can open a browser and wait for minutes for it to load the same applies to other applications AND I HAVE THE UPDATED WINDOWS 10. I have done disk cleanups, changed advanced settings but still nothing can I be helped?...
  9. slow response to websites

slow response to websites: very slow response to click on websites https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-response-to-websites/4616451f-328d-43ae-bb0f-878be17fda4e
  10. Slow Response Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Response Time: Entering into the game works prefect; however once selections are made and the game begins, response time is impossible. Clicking onto a number called, or the thermostat climbing and clicking onto it is the problem. Is there a solution to this issue?...