Windows 10: Touchpad spontaneously enabled after a few hours

Discus and support Touchpad spontaneously enabled after a few hours in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I researched my problem on the internet but support answers from Microsoft and HP seem to show that the responders are guessing so the answers are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by H2ONaCl, Dec 28, 2020.

1. H2ONaCl Win User

Touchpad spontaneously enabled after a few hours

I researched my problem on the internet but support answers from Microsoft and HP seem to show that the responders are guessing so the answers are unsatisfactory. Internet questions seem to show that HP, Dell, and Lenovo owners have this problem.

My HP has a Synaptics touchpad. More than once per week I have to disable the touchpad because it spontaneously re-enabled. This seems to be occurring with greater frequency so I have to disable it almost every day.

What is the solution?

Details: Windows 10, HP zBook, Synaptics LuxPad on SMB Port.

Edit I just noticed there is the option "disable internal pointing device when external USB pointing device is attached". I will use this option and monitor for further spontaneous enablement.

:)

H2ONaCl, Dec 28, 2020
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Touchpad

Hi Denise,

To address your concern, we suggest that you check if the touchpad is enabled in Mouse Properties.

Please follow these steps below to check the status of the touchpad.

• Click Start and choose Settings.
    • Click on Devices. Choose Mouse & touchpad. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click
      Additional mouse options.
    • The Mouse Properties window will open. Click the tab furthest to the right (ELAN
      or Device Settings).
    • Under Devices, check if your touchpad is disabled. If it is disabled, click the touchpad to select it and then click
      Enable.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Dec 28, 2020
  3. Joan Pin Win User
    ASUS Touchpad not working

Hi Cyril,

There's a possibility that you're getting this concern due to an out-dated driver. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Were there any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you check if ASUS Touchpad is enabled on your device. To do that, you may follow these steps:

• Type Settingson the search bar and press Enter.
    • Select Devices.
    • Click Mouse & touchpad.
    • Select Additional mouse options on the right pane.
    • Choose Device Settings (some called ELAN) pane, check Yes/No of Touchpad. If
      No, click Enable and select OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Joan Pin, Dec 28, 2020
  4. Touchpad spontaneously enabled after a few hours

Enabling touchpad windows 10 Dell laptop

Hi Amy,

I realize that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should. Sorry to know that you are facing this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

• Have you installed all pending updates on the pc?

A lot of Dell touchpads have an area at the top left of the pad which when double-tapped will toggle the touchpad On/Off.

Further, follow these steps to check if that helps:

• In the Search box, type touchpad.

• Touch or click Mouse & touchpad settings (System settings).

• Touch or click the Touchpad toggle to turn off or on the Touchpad.

Note: When there is no Touchpad toggle look for Additional mouse options at the bottom of the page.

• Touch or click Additional mouse options.

• Touch or click the Dell Touchpad or Click Pad tab.

Touch or click the link, Click to change Dell Touchpad settings, there may be an option to enable or disable the Touchpad.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

Touchpad spontaneously enabled after a few hours

1. Touchpad spontaneously enabled after a few hours - Similar Threads - Touchpad spontaneously enabled

2. Internet turns off after a few hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet turns off after a few hours: After a few hours of being away from my laptop, the internet on it turns off completely and doesn't turn back on unless I restart my device. I've had this same problem in the past with this same laptop, but the old solution with the unchecking boxes doesn't work as they are...
  3. Internet turns off after a few hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet turns off after a few hours: After a few hours of being away from my laptop, the internet on it turns off completely and doesn't turn back on unless I restart my device. I've had this same problem in the past with this same laptop, but the old solution with the unchecking boxes doesn't work as they are...
  4. Test Mode Text Appears after a few hours

in Windows 10 Customization
    Test Mode Text Appears after a few hours: About 2 hours after starting up my computer and after restarting a big Test Mode text appears over my screen. I've tried the stated solution of using the command prompt to get rid of it, but get "The value is protected by Secure Boot policy and cannot be modified or deleted"...
  5. Fps drops in-game after few hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drops in-game after few hours: Hey, I'm Bhargav Motiwala. I'm using a Lenovo L340 gaming laptop 1TB storage. I play valorant everyday and recently I upgraded to Windows 11 and now I'm facing a problem that my fps everytime drops from 120fps to 40-50fps. I have tried multiple things like changing driver...
  6. Fps drops in-game after few hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fps drops in-game after few hours: Hey, I'm Bhargav Motiwala. I'm using a Lenovo L340 gaming laptop 1TB storage. I play valorant everyday and recently I upgraded to Windows 11 and now I'm facing a problem that my fps everytime drops from 120fps to 40-50fps. I have tried multiple things like changing driver...
  7. Application closes after few hours of work...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Application closes after few hours of work...: I recently updated windows 20H2. After a few days, my applications started closing automatically. There was very random errors like out of memory, localbridge.exe fatal error, and application errors too. WIndows support told me to do sfc /scannow and it ran but no...
  8. Random latency and slowdowns after a few hour of usage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random latency and slowdowns after a few hour of usage: I had a problem which was started 2 or 3 weeks ago, the windows slows down after 4-6 hours of usage. Usage stats: CPU ~20% | RAM 46% | Disc 0% (<0,5Mb) | Network 0% | Processes: 332 | Threads: 4306 | Descriptors(?): 152498 CPU: i7-4700HQ (2,4GHz) RAM: 32GB System runs on...
  9. Memory leak after a few hours

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Memory leak after a few hours: Hey, I have this weird issue with my OS. I have 16GB of RAM and whenever I boot the OS the RAM usage is 14%. After a few hours the memory usage is going to 30%+ although there isn't any program that uses that much. I can't know which program causing this because it...
  10. Start Menu & Cortana Buggy After a Few Hours

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu & Cortana Buggy After a Few Hours: → PLEASE VIEW THE IMAGES BELOW TO SEE WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT ← [img] [img] [img] [img] To quickly summarize because I made a similar thread like this... I did a fresh re-install of Windows 10 Pro and upgraded to the Anniversary Update Version 1607 (OS Build...