Windows 10: touchpad stopped working after 1607 update

Discus and support touchpad stopped working after 1607 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Acer Aspire ES1-711-P14W, When I initially reinstalled my touchpad wasn't working so I installed these drivers from Acer it worked fine until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AvidSurvivalist, Aug 4, 2016.

1. touchpad stopped working after 1607 update

I have an Acer Aspire ES1-711-P14W, When I initially reinstalled my touchpad wasn't working so I installed these drivers from Acer it worked fine until I updated to Version 1607 Build 14393.10:
    • Chipset Intel Chipset Driver 10.1.1.7
    • IO Drivers Intel Serial IO Driver 604.10135.1001.53001
    • MBI Intel Sideband Fabric Device Driver 1.70.305.16316
    • TXE Intel Intel TXE Driver 1.1.0.1064
    • TouchPad ELANTECH Touchpad Driver 13.6.3.1

:)

AvidSurvivalist, Aug 4, 2016

2. KEYBOARD NOT WORKING AFTER WINDOWS 10 UPDATE

Same thing happened to me after installing Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7 for Windows 10 Version 1607 and Windows Server 2016 for x64 (KB3186568)! On start menu the mouse and touchpad works but not the keaboard. Once I log in the mouse stops working too and
    only touchpad works. Someone please help.

SeanCooney86, Aug 4, 2016
  3. Pointer disappeared... Touchpad Not working... External mouse not working... Error Code 38

I was updating my drivers with 3rd party Software... After that my Bluetooth was not working properly... Ran Troubleshooting and now my Bluetooth works but the touchpad is not working... Ran Troubleshooting again which repaired my driver and after reboot
    Cursor disappeared... Even external mouse is not working touchpad also not working.. Ran Troubleshooting it says No issues with driver but TouchPad has a problem... Shows error code 38. IM USING ASUS R510JX RUNNING WINDOWS 10 VERSION 1607

GiriprasathGCS, Aug 4, 2016
  4. touchpad stopped working after 1607 update

Touchpad is unresponsive as well as Acer support! HELP!!

AvidSurvivalist, Aug 6, 2016
  5. Acer is blaming my edition of Windows for my touchpad not working! They told me they can't help me because I have Windows 10 Pro instead of Home, I have no idea how I even got Pro!

AvidSurvivalist, Aug 11, 2016
  6. Steve C Win User
    Try reinstalling the last Acer Windows 10 Touchpad driver for your PC?

Steve C, Aug 11, 2016
  7. I installed it and it says I'm ready to go and that's pretty much it. Nothing in the device manager at all. In the UEFI there is a setting to set it from Advanced to Basic operation, I did that and it made it work but I don't have gestures or scrolling.

AvidSurvivalist, Aug 12, 2016
  8. touchpad stopped working after 1607 update

Same occurs with my Asus Zenbook. I'll roll back to ~3 days ago, and the issue goes away, but with automatic updates on windows 10, it doesn't take long for it to come back. I'd rather not block all updates.

I tried to reinstall the driver, but it doesn't help.

Also, oddly, the multitouch will stop working when windows downloads the files. I would think it would not occur until the required restart.

plzhelps

windtenforu, Nov 13, 2016
  9. Update: I reinstalled the ATK Package and that seemed to fix my issue. This is a hotkey/trackpad associated program apparently.

Problem: Asus zenbook (UX303L) trackpad lost multitouch capabilities with an automatic windows update.

Solution: Delete ATK Package from add/remove programs, restart, install new ATK Package (2016/10/17), restart, ?, profit.

windtenforu, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

touchpad stopped working after 1607 update

1. touchpad stopped working after 1607 update - Similar Threads - touchpad stopped working

2. Touchpad stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad stopped working.: Hello there,I was doing work on my computer last night and all of a sudden the touchpad stopped working. I have restarted the computer, uninstalled and reinstalled the touchpad driver, and now I don't know what to do to fix it....
  3. Touchpad stopped working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad stopped working.: Hello there,I was doing work on my computer last night and all of a sudden the touchpad stopped working. I have restarted the computer, uninstalled and reinstalled the touchpad driver, and now I don't know what to do to fix it....
  4. Touchpad stopped working!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad stopped working!: So, I've been trying to fix it, but didn't find a solution, cause when I restart or turn on my laptop, in the lock screen my touchpad is working but then when I unlock it the pointer disappears and it stops working.Please help!...
  5. Touchpad stopped working!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad stopped working!: So, I've been trying to fix it, but didn't find a solution, cause when I restart or turn on my laptop, in the lock screen my touchpad is working but then when I unlock it the pointer disappears and it stops working.Please help!...
  6. Wireless Display stops working after 1607 update

Wireless Display stops working after 1607 update: I have Lenovo W540 and wireless display Intel was working as expected with Microsoft Miracast device. I could project my screen on project and stop worrying about cables. It suddenly stopped working. I think some time ago, but found the exact cause now. So, I had to find...
  7. touchpad stops working after login

touchpad stops working after login: Hi, The touch pad has suddenly stopped working after looging into Windows. Works ok at the login screen, but as soon as you login to Wndows the touchpad stops working. I have checked that the drivers are up to date. I booted up in safe mode and the touchpad works ok in...
  8. TouchPad stopped working

TouchPad stopped working: Hi all, I am running an Acer Nitro 5. I did a windows update last month some time, and all of a sudden the mousepad stopped working. First of all, to get it out of the way the touchpad function button does not make a difference. When I went into System Bios, the advanced...
  9. touchpad stopped working .

touchpad stopped working .: I am using windows 10 on my acer laptop. Suddenly touchpad stopped working . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-stopped-working/0b4304d1-b2f0-4119-98d7-47be375d4eb4
  10. keyboard and touchpad stopped working after the kb40230057 update

keyboard and touchpad stopped working after the kb40230057 update: this morning i turn on my acer e15 laptop and both the keyboard and the touchpad are non-responsive. iused the on-screen keyboard to login and tried every possible fix and it still not working i checked the update history and could not locate the mentioned update to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4470788 problem type pad