Windows 10: Touchpad stopped working after booting into Ubuntu

Discus and support Touchpad stopped working after booting into Ubuntu in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/dakshin_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jm0ots/touchpad_stopped_working_after_booting_into_ubuntu/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dakshin_, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Touchpad stopped working after booting into Ubuntu

/u/dakshin_, Nov 1, 2020

2. touchpad stops working after login

Hi thanks for the reply.

I did check the driver was up to date in device manager as suggested. I read that article and one of the suggestions was to boot up in safe mode. This confirms the touchpad drivers are up to date and there is no problem with the hardware.

The touchpad also works ok when the laptop initially boots up to the login screen. It just stops working as soon as Windows opens up after login

What is stopping the touchpad from working after login???

Steve&Emma, Nov 1, 2020
  3. dcf-joe Win User
    dual boot xp and ubuntu

I had that problem a few months ago, but dual-booting is really easy. I am currently dual-booting Vista and Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron. Use this website here for a guide to dual-booting XP and Ubuntu: APC's November issue is on sale now! | TechRadar (I actually did not use this guide at all, but I did pretty much the same thing!)

If you are unable to get your boot working with this guide, reply to this message, and I will write out a step-by-step guide, but it will involve you already having a partition set out for XP (as in you are not already using your entire hard drive space for XP alone.) Even though I write the guide with experience from Vista, it will work with XP

dcf-joe, Nov 1, 2020
  4. Touchpad stopped working after booting into Ubuntu

Touchpad stopped working

Hi Elizabeth,

We would like to ask some questions for clarification to know the best possible resolution to offer.

• Did you make any changes before the issue started?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done on your end?
    • Have you tried running the Windows Update Troubleshooter? If no, kindly check this

link
      to download the Windows Update Troubleshooter.
    We also suggest that you check the article below as a guide on how to fix touchpad problems in Windows 10.

Fix touchpad problems in Windows 10.

We look forward to your reply.

Nathaniel Mon, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

Touchpad stopped working after booting into Ubuntu

1. Touchpad stopped working after booting into Ubuntu - Similar Threads - Touchpad stopped working

2. Touchpad stops working, after restart Windows doesn't boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad stops working, after restart Windows doesn't boot up: I work with Inox steel India and I have an Aspire A515-44 that's been upgraded to Windows 10 in my office. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-stops-working-after-restart-windows/df1cd08b-84c2-4934-9378-8a43667f62f0
  3. Touchpad stops working, after restart Windows doesn't boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad stops working, after restart Windows doesn't boot up: I work with Inox steel India and I have an Aspire A515-44 that's been upgraded to Windows 10 in my office. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-stops-working-after-restart-windows/df1cd08b-84c2-4934-9378-8a43667f62f0
  4. Touchpad stops working, after restart Windows doesn't boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad stops working, after restart Windows doesn't boot up: Hi,I have an Aspire A515-44 that's been upgraded to Windows 11.Since yesterday, my touchpad randomly froze and I could only use my USB mouse. I restarted my computer and it was stuck on the Acer boot up screen with the spinning circles. I had to hold down the power button and...
  5. Touchpad stops working, after restart Windows doesn't boot up

Touchpad stops working, after restart Windows doesn't boot up: Hi,I have an Aspire A515-44 that's been upgraded to Windows 11.Since yesterday, my touchpad randomly froze and I could only use my USB mouse. I restarted my computer and it was stuck on the Acer boot up screen with the spinning circles. I had to hold down the power button and...
  6. Touchpad Gesture in Windows 10 not Working After Install Dual Boot Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad Gesture in Windows 10 not Working After Install Dual Boot Ubuntu: Hello everyone,I want to ask about my problem with my touchpad gesture in Windows 10..I was installed my windows 10 first and installed all the driver it needed especially the gesture. All the driver worked nice and smooth.Then I Installed another OS in my laptop linux...
  7. Touchpad Gesture in Windows 10 not Working After Install Dual Boot Ubuntu

Touchpad Gesture in Windows 10 not Working After Install Dual Boot Ubuntu: Hello everyone,I want to ask about my problem with my touchpad gesture in Windows 10..I was installed my windows 10 first and installed all the driver it needed especially the gesture. All the driver worked nice and smooth.Then I Installed another OS in my laptop linux...
  8. Touchpad Gesture in Windows 10 not Working After Install Dual Boot Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Hard drive stops short time after booting into windows but works fine on Ubuntu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive stops short time after booting into windows but works fine on Ubuntu: Specs: Dell 15r 7520 SE Laptop Intel i5 3210M @2.5 GHz 8GB SODIMM DDR3 @ 1600MHz Intel HD 4000 Graphics / AMD Radeon 7730M discrete GPU A short time after Windows is loaded in, the drive light comes off, the display freezes, and the computer requires a restart to work...
  10. touchpad stops working after login

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touchpad stops working after login: Hi, The touch pad has suddenly stopped working after looging into Windows. Works ok at the login screen, but as soon as you login to Wndows the touchpad stops working. I have checked that the drivers are up to date. I booted up in safe mode and the touchpad works ok in...