Windows 10: Touchpad suddenly not fully functional

Discus and support Touchpad suddenly not fully functional in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My touchpad works, but the two finger scroll up and down is not working anymore. Any ideas?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BridgettCafferty, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Touchpad suddenly not fully functional

My touchpad works, but the two finger scroll up and down is not working anymore. Any ideas?

:)

BridgettCafferty, Nov 12, 2018
  2. geoffers Win User

SOLVED: Laptop Touchpad fully functional, but not in Universal apps

OK - sorted it finally :
    • in step one/two above you delete the existing Synaptics drivers then have to reboot
    • unfortunately when the PC restarts it installs some generic touchpad drivers which have the basic functionality
    • So although step4 (run setup) appears to work, it hasn't actually done anything as the generic drivers are already there
    So what you have to do is this...

• In device manager, select the mouse device and click update drivers.
    • Then select Browse My Computer > Let me pick from a list > Have disk button, and select the folder with the new Synaptics drivers (I'm running 32-bit windows so selected ..\WinWDF\x86).
    • The green progress bar shows the drivers are loading, then when it's all done you now have the new functionality installed - RESULT!!!
    • Touchpad suddenly not fully functional [​IMG]

geoffers, Nov 12, 2018
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Nov 12, 2018
  4. Touchpad suddenly not fully functional

SOLVED: Laptop Touchpad fully functional, but not in new Win10 Universal apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + Q”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    • Follow the On Screen instructions.
    Method 2:
    Un-install and re-install touch pad drivers from the manufacturer’s website and see if that helps:

Step 1:
    un-install the drivers:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + Q” from the keyboard.
    • Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.
    • Right click on the touchpad drivers and select
      “Uninstall”.
    • Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.

Step 2: Download the latest touchpad drivers from manufacturer’s website.

Refer the steps to install a driver in compatibility mode:

a. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
    Properties

b. Select Compatibility Tab

c. Place a check mark next to
    Run this program in Compatibility mode.

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further.

Thanks.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

Touchpad suddenly not fully functional

1. Touchpad suddenly not fully functional - Similar Threads - Touchpad suddenly fully

2. Touchpad not working suddenly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad not working suddenly.: I am having an issue with my touchpad. I have an omen 15 running Windows 11. The touchpad was working fine , but it suddenly stopped responding. I have tried the following things to fix the issue: I enabled Mouse Keys in the Accessibility settings. This worked temporarily,...
  3. Touchpad not working suddenly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad not working suddenly.: I am having an issue with my touchpad. I have an omen 15 running Windows 11. The touchpad was working fine , but it suddenly stopped responding. I have tried the following things to fix the issue: I enabled Mouse Keys in the Accessibility settings. This worked temporarily,...
  4. Touchpad not functioning correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad not functioning correctly: I have a 4 year old HP Pavilion 15 laptop. The hard drive was playing up so I have installed an SSD in it's place. Rather than clone the old HDD to the new drive, I did a clean install of Windows 10 intending to migrate data and settings across later. I have also updated the...
  5. Touchpad not functioning correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad not functioning correctly: I have a 4 year old HP Pavilion 15 laptop. The hard drive was playing up so I have installed an SSD in it's place. Rather than clone the old HDD to the new drive, I did a clean install of Windows 10 intending to migrate data and settings across later. I have also updated the...
  6. Touchpad not functioning correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Touchpad functionality is not working

Touchpad functionality is not working: I have a brand new Acer Spin SP513-54N. The touchpad functionalities of right click, double click etc. are not working though the touchpad works for scroll movements. I was advised to reinstate the device to factory settings but the same has not helped either. Any advise...
  8. Touchpad suddenly not functioning

Touchpad suddenly not functioning: Hello everyone! Hopefully you're all surviving this pandemic without too much disruption. Anyway, I'll just get on with it. Please see the timeline of events below: Bought an Acer Aspire 7 A715-74G laptop brand new just under four months ago when I started my own...
  9. Auto-Rotate button not fully functional

Auto-Rotate button not fully functional: My Auto-Rotate button isn't fully functional in W10 RTM and was in W10 TP. In W10 RTM the Auto-Rotate button doesn't function when my 2-in-1 isn't rotated. In W10 TP the Auto-Rotate button functioned in whether rotated or not. Anyone observe anything similiar? Thanks....
  10. SOLVED: Laptop Touchpad fully functional, but not in Universal apps

SOLVED: Laptop Touchpad fully functional, but not in Universal apps: Has anyone found this an issue, and is there a solution? My laptop touchpad (Synaptics TouchPad V7.4 latest drivers 15.0.10.0 26/02/2010) is fully functional in existing windows programs. So things like the right-hand scroll area work, two-finger scrolling, pinch to zoom...