Windows 10: Touchpad Tap not working

Discus and support Touchpad Tap not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After using Bluetooth mouse, touch pad tapping has stopped working, navigation is working fine, Its Synaptics clik pad V7.4. I tried to update the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ashutosh108, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Touchpad Tap not working

After using Bluetooth mouse, touch pad tapping has stopped working, navigation is working fine, Its Synaptics clik pad V7.4.
    I tried to update the driver, but it shows the driver is up to date..............
    Please help......

:)

ashutosh108, Nov 25, 2015

2. Tap - to - click touchpad not working

Hi,

An outdated driver or corrupted system file is one of the reasons why this issue occurs. To resolve your concern, we recommend running the
    Hardware and devices Troubleshooter. The following steps are listed below:

• First, click Start, then type Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Lastly, run the Hardware and devices Troubleshooter.

Also, you can check this link on how to fix
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows.

We look forward to your response.

Marvelos Reg, Nov 25, 2015
  3. PaigeLaz Win User
    Tap - to - click touchpad not working

I have tried turning all the settings off and on again and in advanced settings but the tap to click function of the touchpad isn't working and its a bit inconvenient.

The laptop is HP Probook MT41 and uses Windows 10.

Any ideas how I can fix this problem?

Thanks,

Paige

PaigeLaz, Nov 25, 2015
Thema:

Touchpad Tap not working

1. Touchpad Tap not working - Similar Threads - Touchpad Tap working

2. Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working: i cant use the features of Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working when i tap with 3 or 4 fingers it didnt respond.when i sweep with them it work easy..but when i tap it didnt worki tried to uninstall the Touchpad drivers on my machinei tried to Download the driver...
  3. Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.: I have gone to my mouse settings and switched it to being left-handed. I also made sure that "Switch primary and secondary buttons" is checked in the "additional mouse settings". The "touchpad settings" only has a sensitivity option.The buttons on the bottom of the touchpad...
  4. Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.: I have gone to my mouse settings and switched it to being left-handed. I also made sure that "Switch primary and secondary buttons" is checked in the "additional mouse settings". The buttons on the bottom of the touchpad have switched correctly, but now when I double-tap the...
  5. Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.: I have gone to my mouse settings and switched it to being left-handed. I also made sure that "Switch primary and secondary buttons" is checked in the "additional mouse settings". The buttons on the bottom of the touchpad have switched correctly, but now when I double-tap the...
  6. Touchpad double tap issue...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad double tap issue...: I have acer aspire 3 a315-33-c89l it's touchpad supports 5+ fingers tap but after a update it supporting only one finger tap. When i tried to change setiings, setting only shows sensitivity of touchpad...[ATTACH] Before it shows many gestures and settings...i tried to...
  7. Tap in the touchpad is not working

Tap in the touchpad is not working: In my laptop tap option is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tap-in-the-touchpad-is-not-working/3851af51-b211-46e7-87f0-9bd271009b33
  8. turning off tapping on touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    turning off tapping on touchpad: After a windows update the touchpad on my laptop now uses tap to click. I've been through lots of mouse, pionter & touchpad settings but it will not give me the option to turn off tapping. Can anyone come up with anything? Thanks very much....
  9. Disable tap to click on touchpad.

Disable tap to click on touchpad.: I recently installed an update to Windows 10. I originally had my touchpad set to only use the buttons to click, because I GODDAMN HATE WHEN THE TOUCHPAD ACCIDENTALLY CLICKS ON SOMETHING WHEN I BRUSH MY HAND ACROSS IT!!! I can't find anywhere to turn it off, and I swear to...
  10. Dell XPS12, 10130, touchpad double tap not working

Dell XPS12, 10130, touchpad double tap not working: Hi all. Using 10130 dual booted with 8.1 on an XPS12. I have the latest available driver which admittedly is over a year old. The touchpad does not recognise double tap to activate, such as when trying to move into a folder in explorer. I've been through every option,...