Windows 10: Touchpad turns off after laptop sleeps

Discus and support Touchpad turns off after laptop sleeps in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Whenever I put my Acer Spin 7 to sleep and then wake it up again, my touchpad is turned off and I have to go into the touchpad settings and turn it on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by johnlark5, Oct 22, 2018.

1. johnlark5 Win User

Touchpad turns off after laptop sleeps

Whenever I put my Acer Spin 7 to sleep and then wake it up again, my touchpad is turned off and I have to go into the touchpad settings and turn it on again. I tried uninstalling the Synaptics drivers and reinstalling, but no dice. The problem definitely has something to do with the Synaptics drivers, though, because I did not have this problem with the generic HID compliant mouse driver (but the generic drivers lack the advanced functionality like scrolling with two fingers).

:)

johnlark5, Oct 22, 2018
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Oct 22, 2018
  3. turn off touchpad

Thanks for trying I downloaded driver for touchpad, followed the steps you listed but it did not solve the problem - When I get to the last tab for the software, there is no checkbox for "disable touchpad if mouse is attached." I can completely disable the
    touchpad by system, and you, advised against this so at least I had the warning not to completely disable touchpad. I have tried the other options suggested but to no avail. Frustrating!

MonetteIrwin, Oct 22, 2018
  4. Josie23 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

Touchpad turns off after laptop sleeps [​IMG]

Josie23, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Touchpad turns off after laptop sleeps - Similar Threads - Touchpad turns off

2. On a HP Laptop, how to turn off touchpad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On a HP Laptop, how to turn off touchpad?: I have seen some Youtube videos on turning off the touchpad for Windows 11, but I do not have a on/off toggle in Settings? All I see is touchpad sensitivity. I want to turn off the touchpad altogether....
  3. Laptop Keeps Turning off after going to Sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop Keeps Turning off after going to Sleep: Hey everyone recently my Acer Laptop has been shutting down after I allow it to sleep for too long. As in if close the lid of my laptop, it goes to sleep like usual. But if I don't wake or use it for like 30 minutes it just turns off rather than stay in sleep. Two changes I...
  4. WiFi turns off after turning off / sleeping laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi turns off after turning off / sleeping laptop: Hello, probably after updating windows10, although I am not sure, in my laptop, where everything was okay so far, something with Wifi turned on, which disconnects after, e.g. sleeping the laptop. After turning it on, I have to wait a while until the internet connects again. I...
  5. Turn OFF the touchpad on my Dell Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turn OFF the touchpad on my Dell Laptop: I do not use my touchpad on my Dell Laptop. I have set it to Low sensitivity. It still moves the cursor as I am typing. I have also tried taping a cover over it-no help. How can I turn it off so as I type, the cursor does not move around the screen?...
  6. Turning off TouchPad

Turning off TouchPad: So I ran a Windows update and now I can't turn off the TouchPad. When I go Control Panel > Hardware > Mouse and click Touch Pad there is NO "disable TouchPad when mouse plugged in" box like before. After 30 minutes of searching I give up, so here I am asking for help....
  7. Turning off touchpad

Turning off touchpad: months ago I finally figured out how to turn off my touchpad which moves the cursor while I type and causes all sorts of mistakes; suddenly, it's back on again and I can't turn it off; I've even uninstalled it but that doesn't work; the button for "disable" in the settings is...
  8. FIX: Sleep turns off Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FIX: Sleep turns off Laptop: This may apply to only older laptops upgraded from Windows 7. Mine problem laptop is a Lenovo T420s running Windows 10/64. I have three of these almost identically the same. great situation for troubleshooting! After trying almost everything on the forums including checking...
  9. Turning Off TouchPad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turning Off TouchPad: Since receiving the most recent Windows 10 update my touchpad has become activated which is very annoying when using the keyboard. I prefer to use a mouse. The Setting for turning off the touchpad is no longer present nor the button on the toolbar. I tried uninstalling the...
  10. turning off the touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    turning off the touchpad: I am using a HP laptop with windows 10. I am using a wireless mouse and used to be able to turnoff the touchpad when using the mouse. I can't find where to. I am using a Microsoft wireless mouse....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. touchpad turns off on sleep

2. youchpad off after sleep