Windows 10: Touchpad Unresponsive After Factory Reset - Asus Windows 10, Code 10

Discus and support Touchpad Unresponsive After Factory Reset - Asus Windows 10, Code 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Last night I did a factory reset on my Asus Windows 10 laptop. This morning, the touchpad is completely unresponsive. The only way I can make the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SarahB3, Oct 2, 2019.

1. SarahB3 Win User

Touchpad Unresponsive After Factory Reset - Asus Windows 10, Code 10

Last night I did a factory reset on my Asus Windows 10 laptop. This morning, the touchpad is completely unresponsive. The only way I can make the cursor appear and move is by using an USB connected mouse.

When I go to Device Manager, Mice and Other Keyboard Devices, there is a yellow triangle with an exclamation point next to "Asus Support Device." When I click Properties, it says:

"This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API."

How can I get my touchpad working again? It says the device is up to date and it worked fine last night before the reset.

:)

SarahB3, Oct 2, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Joan Pin Win User
    ASUS Touchpad not working

Hi Cyril,

There's a possibility that you're getting this concern due to an out-dated driver. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Were there any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you check if ASUS Touchpad is enabled on your device. To do that, you may follow these steps:

• Type Settingson the search bar and press Enter.
    • Select Devices.
    • Click Mouse & touchpad.
    • Select Additional mouse options on the right pane.
    • Choose Device Settings (some called ELAN) pane, check Yes/No of Touchpad. If
      No, click Enable and select OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Joan Pin, Oct 2, 2019
  4. live4ward Win User

ASUS touchpad won't doubleclick after Windows 10 updates

Hi all... I have an ASUS K501U. All was fine till recent Windows 10 update. Now touchpad won't doubleclick, and neither will wireless mouse. I can single left and right click and scroll just fine, but no left double click and it's causing big problems.
    Already tried installing latest ASUS Smart Gesture driver with no luck. That was all that ASUS tech support could suggest short of factory reset. Any other ideas??

live4ward, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Touchpad Unresponsive After Factory Reset - Asus Windows 10, Code 10 - Similar Threads - Touchpad Unresponsive Factory

2. Mouse + Keyboard unresponsive after factory reset.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mouse + Keyboard unresponsive after factory reset.: Ever since fully resetting my PC i have been stuck on the Choose your region + language screen upon startup.Both my mouse and keyboard are unresponsive, and only work in Bios, the numlock light is permanently on.The System manufacturer is FoxconnModel is 400-034Howlett...
  3. Windows 10 Not Working After Factory Reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Not Working After Factory Reset: I recently factory wiped and chose to delete everything on my Windows 10 laptop, but after it reached 100% and restarted it kept resetting after the spinning dots went around once, and then as soon as the next first one or two dots it would black screen and do it over and...
  4. Reset factory Asus on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reset factory Asus on Windows 10: Hello, I have a ASUS computer on which I migrated on Windows 10 at the begin of Windows 10. My computer was quite slow to launch because it is quite old few years so this is normal because it is not a SSD. But since few days it is blocking at the launch of the computer....
  5. Windows 10 Reinstall after Factory Reset

Windows 10 Reinstall after Factory Reset: My Asus K53 laptop originally shipped with Windows 7. I took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10 while it was available. Due to issues with Office 365 I had to carry out a factory reset on the machine and of course I am now back on Windows 7. No - I didn't record...
  6. Asus factory reset w10

Asus factory reset w10: I used method 2 on factory reset Shift, restart,troubleshoot,reset pc,remove eveything, recovermy files ,rsset .. and now my asus x555d is stuck on loading (circle). The only function that works is F2. Please help....
  7. ASUS touchpad not working after Windows 10 updates

ASUS touchpad not working after Windows 10 updates: The touchpad not working (scrolling) after a Windows 10 update is not new. The solution has always been to uninstall the SmartGesture touchpad program and the ATK drivers and reinstall them. That always fixes it. However, the 1809 upgrade attempts have deleted parts of the...
  8. restoring windows 10 after factory reset on a 2016 asus laptop computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    restoring windows 10 after factory reset on a 2016 asus laptop computer: i did a factory reset and cannot do anything or even see network settings on my laptop. is there any way to restore my desktop and windows 10 without a cd or password?...
  9. Factory resetting a windows 10 asus vivobook pro

Factory resetting a windows 10 asus vivobook pro: My microsoft account got hacked so I can’t sign into my laptop rendering it useless. I need to factory reset it to open it back up with a different account but the methods I’ve seen online aren’t working. Pressing f9 from boot didn’t do anything and holding shift over the...
  10. Reinstalling windows 10 after factory reset

Reinstalling windows 10 after factory reset: Microsoft says I wont need a product key to reinstall windows 10 on the same device after a factory reset but a few days ago my PC crashed after a critical windows update. I did a factory reset then went back to Microsoft and used the media creation tool, selected upgrade...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus q533UB touchpad code 10 insufficient api

2. asus touchpad this device cannot start. (code 10)insufficient system resources exist to complete the api.

3. this device cannot start code 10 touchpad

4. this device cannot start. (code 10)insufficient system resources exist to complete the api. mousepad,
  5. touchpad not working asus Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API.,
  6. touchpad not working insufficient system resources exist to complete the api windows 10 asus laptop