Windows 10: Touchpad unusable when key pressed

Discus and support Touchpad unusable when key pressed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can't move cursor when a key is pressed. I use Elan touchpad.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Vo1k, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Vo1k Win User

Touchpad unusable when key pressed

Can't move cursor when a key is pressed. I use Elan touchpad.

:)

Vo1k, Jun 9, 2021

2. Touchpad lock while pressing keys on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

Try the methods.

Method 1:

Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Touchpad drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Touchpad drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and touchpad drivers.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Jun 9, 2021
  3. Touchpad and Keys

I'm using an ACER AspireONE netbook.

Does anyone know how to use the keys and touchpad simultaniously?
    If I press a key, there's about a 2 second lock on the touch pad.
    It must be some sort of function, but I can't figure out how to find it or turn it off.

Running Windows XP.

MLG The Canadian, Jun 9, 2021
  4. Touchpad unusable when key pressed

TouchPad problem

see attached screenshot of the keys after I re ran the scan

so i assume next steps are to have that program open that you suggested whilst using the laptop and then when the touchpad gets disabled to check if the keys have changed?

bartjunited, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

Touchpad unusable when key pressed

1. Touchpad unusable when key pressed - Similar Threads - Touchpad unusable key

2. f4 key is getting pressed when im pressing other keys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    f4 key is getting pressed when im pressing other keys.: When I am pressing keys like G, H, backspace, escape, F7, F11, *, ', numpad 8.... F4 key is getting pressed. Which is causing lot of issues while typing and using file explorer. Whenever i press the mentioned keys address bar of file explorer or any browser is opening itself...
  3. f4 key is getting pressed when im pressing other keys.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    f4 key is getting pressed when im pressing other keys.: When I am pressing keys like G, H, backspace, escape, F7, F11, *, ', numpad 8.... F4 key is getting pressed. Which is causing lot of issues while typing and using file explorer. Whenever i press the mentioned keys address bar of file explorer or any browser is opening itself...
  4. When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it...: When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it makes the function of “windows” key. What can I do?...
  5. When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it...: When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it makes the function of “windows” key. What can I do?...
  6. Touchpad stops working temporarily when key is pressed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad stops working temporarily when key is pressed: When I press a key and try to use the touchpad simultaneously the touchpad keeps stopping. I assume this is some sort of palm rejection but I have spent like an hour following every single tutorial I could find but none solve my problem. The settings in the tutorials just do...
  7. Touchpad doesn't work for a sec after pressing a key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad doesn't work for a sec after pressing a key: Hey guys, I've just noticed this strange behaviour on my Razer 2019 Advanced When I press any key and move my cursor it won't do anything for the first half second to a second (time interval differs from case to case). It's the same behaviour with all keys except F keys and...
  8. Touchpad Buttons/Taps do not work when a key is pressed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad Buttons/Taps do not work when a key is pressed: So, I used to have the cursor not working when a key is pressed but I fixed that problem by registry in another form. But then I am having that the taps/buttons are not working. I need it for gaming. Is there any way to fix this problem? It is annoying. I have a Lenovo...
  9. [Help][1909] search is unusable, arrow keys are not pressed.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Help][1909] search is unusable, arrow keys are not pressed.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Jonah-1903 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jwcm0q/help1909_search_is_unusable_arrow_keys_are_not/
  10. Tones When Pressing Keys

in Windows 10 Support
    Tones When Pressing Keys: Intermittently, when I press some keys on the keyboard, I would hear a triple-tone from Windows 10. Nothing would happen, but the three tones have progressively lower pitch, immediately followed by a four-tone signal, which have progressively higher pitch. This is the same...