Windows 10: touchpad - v. complex problem - intermittent loss of control over

Discus and support touchpad - v. complex problem - intermittent loss of control over in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HiFirst off, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the touchpad driver. My problem is a difficult one, and I've already had the help of someone which took... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Richard 301, Aug 5, 2021.

1. touchpad - v. complex problem - intermittent loss of control over

HiFirst off, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the touchpad driver. My problem is a difficult one, and I've already had the help of someone which took several hours. Basically, intermittently - it can be once a month, once a week, once every two weeks - I lose control of the trackpad mouse. The external mouse still works, but I prefer to use the trackpad. What it does is magnify the view - 150, 200, 300% and scroll the screen up and down. I cannot get it to click anywhere, including to shut anything down. What also happens, and is related, is that the box that pops up with a search func

:)

Richard 301, Aug 5, 2021

2. TouchPad problem

see attached screenshot of the keys after I re ran the scan

so i assume next steps are to have that program open that you suggested whilst using the laptop and then when the touchpad gets disabled to check if the keys have changed?

bartjunited, Aug 5, 2021
  3. loss of control

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response:

I would suggest you to run hardware and drivers troubleshooter to help you with the problem.

Try the following steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “Hardware and Sound”

• Select “Hardware and Devices”

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Aug 5, 2021
  4. Karla Alm Win User

touchpad - v. complex problem - intermittent loss of control over

Touchpad not working correctly!

Hi Moosa,

To better assist you with your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Have you tried to restart your computer?

If yes, and the issue still persists, we suggest that you use a mouse to troubleshoot the touchpad then follow these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Type Control Panel.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound to the options listed.
    • Choose Devices and Printers.
    • Choose the driver for your touchpad.
    • Right click then select Troubleshoot.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Karla Alm, Aug 5, 2021
Thema:

touchpad - v. complex problem - intermittent loss of control over

1. touchpad - v. complex problem - intermittent loss of control over - Similar Threads - touchpad complex problem

2. Mouse and Touchpad intermittently not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and Touchpad intermittently not responding: Hello,After powering my laptop from sleep mode, and even after a reboot, my mouse and touchpad do not respond to any clicks made. The only way I can control my open Apps in Windows is via the keyboard. Yet, my mouse and touchpad work because I can see the cursor moving around...
  3. Loss of Brightness Control

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Loss of Brightness Control: Windows 10 build 20H2 Dell Inspiron 7570 If I increase the brightness of the display using the brightness keys to reach maximum brightness, and then decrease brightness to minimum; Now if I increase the brightness once again to the maximum, it results in significantly...
  4. Loss of mouse control.

Loss of mouse control.: Anyone ever experience the problem I am having? The mouse gets pulled to the upper right corner of the screen and shuts down any webpages that are open. Its like a hand grabbing the mouse and dragging it there. Defender can find no viruses, System File Checker finds no...
  5. Complex ethernet and wifi problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Complex ethernet and wifi problems: Hello, For no reason all of sudden, my ethernet connection isn't showing even not in network connections, neither in devices. Also my wifi keeps disconnecting. I tried reinstalling drivers, settings reset, restarts What I know that the problem is in pc sw/hw issue, bc i...
  6. loss of control of curser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    loss of control of curser: Having control issues due to a small target which is control my curser, The target is only located on the left margin. When laptop curser is move to select topic in the field. it is drawn to the left margin....
  7. Ghost Bubbles and Loss of Controlling touchpad to Off

Ghost Bubbles and Loss of Controlling touchpad to Off: Ever since the 1903 update, I am having Ghost Bubbles that literally takes control over my computer until I have to either Shut it down with the power button or try to hit the Restart button. I have tried to find Anyone that can help with the Ghost Bubbles, and the only thing...
  8. Windows 10 Touchpad intermittent problems in browsers only

Windows 10 Touchpad intermittent problems in browsers only: Touchpad problems: Two-fingers scrolling get stuck in Chrome and Edge browsers. Clicks and Taps responses are missing. Symptoms are short term intermittent happen 5 - 10% of the time. On installed applications touchpad works fine. This is brand new Asus UX331 laptop Win10...
  9. intermittent Problems with Touchpad and Mouse buttons

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    intermittent Problems with Touchpad and Mouse buttons: Hello all. I have a Dell XPS 15 and use a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. I have not had any issues until yesterday. I'm not sure when the last win update occurred Problem: - On Startup sometimes there us no function of keypad pr mouse buttons. However, the keyboard...
  10. intermittent Problems with Touchpad and Mouse buttons

in Windows 10 Support
    intermittent Problems with Touchpad and Mouse buttons: Hello all. I have a Dell XPS 15 and use a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. I have not had any issues until yesterday. I'm not sure when the last win update occurred Problem: - On Startup sometimes there us no function of keypad pr mouse buttons. However, the keyboard...