Windows 10: touchpad/windows update

Discus and support touchpad/windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been having an issue with my touchpad since a windows update about a week ago. I don't use the touchpad, I have it turned off. Since the update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kimberlyhennigan, Feb 28, 2020.

1. touchpad/windows update

I've been having an issue with my touchpad since a windows update about a week ago.

I don't use the touchpad, I have it turned off. Since the update in question, the touchpad keeps becoming reactive. Not fully functional, but will sense when I touch it. It also makes my mouse less functional, less responsive.

When I go to the touchpad settings, the touchpad is turned off. However, I can temporarily "fix" the problem but turning it on and back off again. I have to do this multiple times a day.

I tried uninstalling the touchpad, but that hasn't helped.

There have been two updates since then but neither has fixed the issue.

:)

kimberlyhennigan, Feb 28, 2020

2. Touchpad gestures NOT working

Hi Abuzar,

Your touchpad drivers might be outdated or corrupted. I would suggest that you update the touchpad driver. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and X together and select
      Device Manager.
    • Locate the touchpad driver.
    • Right-click on the touchpad driver icon and click Update Driver software.
    • Click on Search automatically for Updated driver software option.

If the driver for Windows 10 is not available, download and reinstall the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer website.

Keep us updated.

Aileen Alf, Feb 28, 2020
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Feb 28, 2020
  4. touchpad/windows update

Touchpad not working after Windows 10 installment

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to update the drivers and check if the issue persists.

• Update the Touchpad Driver.
    • Press Windows + x key together and select Device Manager.
    • Locate the Touchpad Driver.
    • Right click on the Touchpad Driver icon and click on “Update Driver Software”.
    • Click on “Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software” option.
    If still the issue persist then I suggest you to go to the manufacturer’s website download the touchpad drivers and install it in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 28, 2020
Thema:

touchpad/windows update

1. touchpad/windows update - Similar Threads - touchpad update

2. I just updated my laptop and my touchpad is bugging really bad.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just updated my laptop and my touchpad is bugging really bad.: I just recently updated my laptop and right after I updated my touchpad started to bug really bad. Every time I use the touchpad my mouse just flies around the screen and just is uncontrollable. I have no idea how to fix this and would like some help.Thanks...
  3. I just updated my laptop and my touchpad is bugging really bad.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I just updated my laptop and my touchpad is bugging really bad.: I just recently updated my laptop and right after I updated my touchpad started to bug really bad. Every time I use the touchpad my mouse just flies around the screen and just is uncontrollable. I have no idea how to fix this and would like some help.Thanks...
  4. How do I update the drivers as the touchpad with my Surface Pro 8 is becoming unresponsive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I update the drivers as the touchpad with my Surface Pro 8 is becoming unresponsive?: How do I update the drivers as the touchpad with my Surface Pro 8 is becoming unresponsive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-update-the-drivers-as-the-touchpad-with/501b8d69-68be-4ad1-a1c9-24a2389de76c
  5. How do I update the drivers as the touchpad with my Surface Pro 8 is becoming unresponsive?

How do I update the drivers as the touchpad with my Surface Pro 8 is becoming unresponsive?: How do I update the drivers as the touchpad with my Surface Pro 8 is becoming unresponsive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-update-the-drivers-as-the-touchpad-with/501b8d69-68be-4ad1-a1c9-24a2389de76c
  6. How do I update the drivers as the touchpad with my Surface Pro 8 is becoming unresponsive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. I2C HID Device failed touchpad not working with the latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I2C HID Device failed touchpad not working with the latest update: I2C HID Device not working, tried restarting the system, uninstalling and installing the drivers but still the same.This issue started with the latest Microsoft patch release version 23H2. Touchpad was working fine until before version. Now I am not able to use my touchpad...
  8. I2C HID Device failed touchpad not working with the latest update

I2C HID Device failed touchpad not working with the latest update: I2C HID Device not working, tried restarting the system, uninstalling and installing the drivers but still the same.This issue started with the latest Microsoft patch release version 23H2. Touchpad was working fine until before version. Now I am not able to use my touchpad...
  9. Touchpad cursor does not display after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad cursor does not display after windows 11 update: Last night I updated windows 11 to version 23H2. Since then I my touchpad cursor is gone. I have tried disabling and reenabling through the device manager. Also checking for driver updates. I’ve tried all the function keys and have toggled touchpad settings in within...
  10. Touchpad cursor does not display after windows 11 update

Touchpad cursor does not display after windows 11 update: Last night I updated windows 11 to version 23H2. Since then I my touchpad cursor is gone. I have tried disabling and reenabling through the device manager. Also checking for driver updates. I’ve tried all the function keys and have toggled touchpad settings in within...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what windows update was used for touchpad