Windows 10: Touchpad won't turn off

Discus and support Touchpad won't turn off in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I absolutely hate using a touchpad, especially when I'm gaming. I had it disabled by hitting FN+F3, which is the shortcut for my laptop to disable the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ZonalHickory644, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Touchpad won't turn off

I absolutely hate using a touchpad, especially when I'm gaming. I had it disabled by hitting FN+F3, which is the shortcut for my laptop to disable the touchpad. For some reason, after the last update, that shortcut won't work anymore. I've tried a bunch of different methods but so far nothing's worked. There's no option to disable it in my settings, the only option for the touchpad is to change the sensitivity. I even downloaded a blocker but it didn't work either. I also tried the device manager, but the only mouse listed was my external. Any help is appreciated. I have an MSI if that makes a difference.

:)

ZonalHickory644, Jul 19, 2020

2. turn off touchpad

Thanks for trying I downloaded driver for touchpad, followed the steps you listed but it did not solve the problem - When I get to the last tab for the software, there is no checkbox for "disable touchpad if mouse is attached." I can completely disable the
    touchpad by system, and you, advised against this so at least I had the warning not to completely disable touchpad. I have tried the other options suggested but to no avail. Frustrating!

MonetteIrwin, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    turn off touchpad while typing

Hi,

One way of turning off the touchpad temporarily is by turning it off in the Settings. Kindly follow the steps below to do it:

• Open Setting.
    • Choose Devices.
    • Under Devices, choose Touchpad then, click the radio button under it to turn it off.

Touchpad won't turn off e28c2f57-7788-4224-9e05-cb1112b6e264?upload=true.png
    • Just click on it again if you already want to turn it on.

If you need further further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Mayra Aqu, Jul 19, 2020
  4. Nikwhoo Win User

Touchpad won't turn off

Windows 10: How do I turn off touchpad while using mouse?

As far as the Microsoft Surface Pro many of you are having trouble with follow these steps:

• Click on the windows icon.
    • Click on the settings icon.
    • Choose Devices (Bluetooth, printers, mouse).
    • Look in the left-side column, click on Touchpad.
    • Now you may choose to turn your touchpad off.
    • However, make sure the box below is unchecked before you turn it off, to keep the touchpad off when your mouse is connected.

I hope these steps were helpful, saved you some time, and reduced your stress level.

Take care!!!

Nikwhoo, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Touchpad won't turn off

1. Touchpad won't turn off - Similar Threads - Touchpad won't turn

2. Touchpad keeps turning on and off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad keeps turning on and off: Hi, my touch pad keeps turning on and off. I have a dell laptop. There is no drivers for the touch pad on my system. I have tried to uninstall the driver yet it wont work. But then it starts working again. Its like it turns off by itself after a certain period of time im not...
  3. Touchpad keeps turning on and off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad keeps turning on and off: Hi, my touch pad keeps turning on and off. I have a dell laptop. There is no drivers for the touch pad on my system. I have tried to uninstall the driver yet it wont work. But then it starts working again. Its like it turns off by itself after a certain period of time im not...
  4. how to turn off touchpad?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to turn off touchpad?: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop. I previously found a program which allowed me to turn off the touchpad, in favor of a mouse. A windows update deleted this option. I now cannot find any information in Windows 10, or even the internet to allow me to turn off the mouse. Would...
  5. Cannot turn off Touchpad

Cannot turn off Touchpad: EditionWindows 10 Home Version21H1 Installed on‎9/‎13/‎2020 OS build19043.1052 ExperienceWindows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0 I have two computers, the one I'm using now and one on an older HP 17 inch Notebook that I like to carry when I'm away from my home desk....
  6. Touchpad won't turn off. Disable feature is grayed out?

Touchpad won't turn off. Disable feature is grayed out?: Hello! I've been trying to turn off my touchpad because it gets in the way of my typing. It often causes me to make errors of which I have to spend more time fixing than actually typing. I have consulted several different sites and even checked on the Microsoft forum for this...
  7. Turning off TouchPad

Turning off TouchPad: So I ran a Windows update and now I can't turn off the TouchPad. When I go Control Panel > Hardware > Mouse and click Touch Pad there is NO "disable TouchPad when mouse plugged in" box like before. After 30 minutes of searching I give up, so here I am asking for help....
  8. Turning off touchpad

Turning off touchpad: months ago I finally figured out how to turn off my touchpad which moves the cursor while I type and causes all sorts of mistakes; suddenly, it's back on again and I can't turn it off; I've even uninstalled it but that doesn't work; the button for "disable" in the settings is...
  9. Turning Off TouchPad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turning Off TouchPad: Since receiving the most recent Windows 10 update my touchpad has become activated which is very annoying when using the keyboard. I prefer to use a mouse. The Setting for turning off the touchpad is no longer present nor the button on the toolbar. I tried uninstalling the...
  10. turning off the touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    turning off the touchpad: I am using a HP laptop with windows 10. I am using a wireless mouse and used to be able to turnoff the touchpad when using the mouse. I can't find where to. I am using a Microsoft wireless mouse....