Windows 10: Touchpad works but cannot find it under Mice and other pointing devices.

Discus and support Touchpad works but cannot find it under Mice and other pointing devices. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; First of all, I'm running Windows 10 on a 2017 MacBook Air with BootCamp and I gave Windows a 125 GB partition. I want to change the touchpad settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RoyalAce, Jan 2, 2019.

1. RoyalAce Win User

Touchpad works but cannot find it under Mice and other pointing devices.

First of all, I'm running Windows 10 on a 2017 MacBook Air with BootCamp and I gave Windows a 125 GB partition. I want to change the touchpad settings because I can't tap to click but when I expand "Mice and other pointing devices" in the device manager screen the only thing under it is "HID-compliant mouse" and the touchpad isn't there. I would update the drivers, however I cannot even find the touchpad.

Any help would be much appreciated.

:)

RoyalAce, Jan 2, 2019

2. My touchpad isn't working properly

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in reply.

I suggest you to roll back the drivers and check if that helps.

Try the following steps:

• Right click on the start icon and choose device manager

• In device manager, right on the touchpad under Mice and other pointing devices.

• Click on Rollback under driver tab.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Jan 2, 2019
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jan 2, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Touchpad not working.

Hi Ray,

This can be caused by a driver issue. For further isolation of the issue and for us to provide a solution suited to your touchpad concern, we need additional information. Can you answer the questions below?

• When did this happen?
    • Were there any recent changes made to your device prior to the issue?
    • Have you done any troubleshooting steps so far?

In the meantime, try updating the touchpad driver and see if it will work. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Mice and other pointing devices and click it to expand.
    • Select the touchpad driver then right-click on it and select Properties.
    • Under Driver tab, click the Update Driver
      button to update the driver.

We'll wait for your response.

Anne Ros, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Touchpad works but cannot find it under Mice and other pointing devices. - Similar Threads - Touchpad works cannot

2. Arrow, and Mice and other Pointing Devices have Disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Arrow, and Mice and other Pointing Devices have Disappeared: Hi there,I was working on my laptop when suddenly the arrow on my screen disappeared. I tried restarting and shutting down my laptop which brought back the arrow. However, after a few minutes, it disappeared again. I tried the same method again but it didn't work. I tried...
  3. mice and pointing device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mice and pointing device: In my mice and pointing device instead of 2 only 1 driver is showing after update , I forget the name of the 2 drivers but now in the only 1 driver is showing & that is ELAN input device . I want to know that by this can , I face any issue in the future . I have updated it...
  4. mice and pointing device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mice and pointing device: In my mice and pointing device instead of 2 only 1 driver is showing after update , I forget the name of the 2 drivers but now in the only 1 driver is showing & that is ELAN input device . I want to know that by this can , I face any issue in the future . I have updated it...
  5. mice and pointing device

6. Touch Pad Not Working And Mice and other pointing devices missing in device manager

Touch Pad Not Working And Mice and other pointing devices missing in device manager: I have faced this issue today. My touchpad is not working on My HP pc all of a sudden. I tried to resolve issue browsing internet but was suprised to see no any device at mouse properties. There is no touch pad option either in mouse setting. I checked device manage where the...
  7. Mouse doesn’t appear under mice and other pointing devices.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse doesn’t appear under mice and other pointing devices.: Hi guys. I want to allow my Bluetooth Mouse (MX master3) to wake my laptop. But it doesn’t appear under mice and other pointing devices in device manager. I’ve toggled “show hidden devices” it still didn’t appear. The mouse is in the Bluetooth section but there is no power...
  8. mice and other pointing devices not appearing in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mice and other pointing devices not appearing in device manager: Hello, I have a problem which I cannot resolve. The 'mice and other pointing devices' is not appearing in the device manager. Which mean there is no mouse pointer on the windows operating and therefore I cannot move or click on anything on screen. Can anybody help me figure...
  9. Mice and other pointing devices missing

Mice and other pointing devices missing: I had been facing some issues with my registry for a few months, and because of which I was not able to update my windows. Also, yesterday my mouse pointer started freezing randomly and frequently and it won't start unless restarted, sometimes it didn't start after restarting...
  10. Mice and other pointing devices missing from Device Manager

Mice and other pointing devices missing from Device Manager: My laptop is set for auto update. After an update loaded today my touchpad quit working. I tried several thing to turn it on but nothing worked. When I went to my device manager there is no longer Mice and Other Pointing Devices, listed. How can I fix this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mice and other pointing devices

2. micer and other pointing

3. no touchpad under mice and other pointing devices