Windows 10: touchpad zoom causes keyboard problem

Discus and support touchpad zoom causes keyboard problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Sometimes while using edge or some other app, if I zoom through touchpad then instead of typing the letter I press, the shortcut associated with that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Abrar36, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Abrar36 Win User

touchpad zoom causes keyboard problem

Sometimes while using edge or some other app, if I zoom through touchpad then instead of typing the letter I press, the shortcut associated with that letter gets selected. For example by pressing 'f' the 'file' menu opens up or with 'v' the 'view' menu opens. While on edge if I press a link it opens up in a new tab instead of the same tab. Also if I try to scroll it starts to zoom. And the only way to return back is if I lock my account and then log in again. I don't understand why this is happening or how to solve this issue. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thankyou in advance.

:)

Abrar36, Jan 2, 2016
  2. G*Lycra Win User

Icons are resized randomly when using touchpad - Wishlist: Win 10 future update "lock desktop icons" option

I have the same issue. I don't think it's a problem with touchpad software, but a problem with touchpads in general - it's way too easy to pinch/zoom in the wrong time and place. In an app, it's not usually a problem, but on the desktop, it wrecks all the
    icon positioning.

An option to lock not necessarily the icons' position (although that would be good), but to lock the
    size, so that pinch/zoom on a touchpad or ctrl-roll on a mouse wouldn't affect the desktop, would be stupendously useful.

G*Lycra, Jan 2, 2016
  3. my keyboard is not working and giving errors

Hello Kuzey,

There are several factors that might cause problems with the keyboard and touchpad of your computer. To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this
    article on how to resolve keyboard and touchpad issues in Windows 10.

Do update us with the outcome and if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Stephanie Sal, Jan 2, 2016
Thema:

touchpad zoom causes keyboard problem

1. touchpad zoom causes keyboard problem - Similar Threads - touchpad zoom causes

2. Zoom problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Zoom problem: I had no problem and then Microsoft went and had me do a new beginning and I am not sure why but it happens once in awhile and now I am having the problem with the zoom level on my pages as I like it to be 125 & I had before in the settings found a thing on the zoom but I can...
  3. Windows 10 Touchpad and Keyboard problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Touchpad and Keyboard problem: So this is an old topic, but my question/problem is much different. Whenever I type, I can move my cursor around with the touchpad, but I can't click anything. I don't know if there is a fix for this problem, but I would be glad if someone could help me with this. It's not...
  4. Touchpad Pinch Zoom sensitivity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad Pinch Zoom sensitivity: I am using a notebook with the precision touchpad driver. I like the settings of my touchpad regarding sensitivity, gestures, and scrolling. Everything is great. Except the pinch zoom. It's way too sensitive. Is there any way to change that? Thank you in advance! submitted...
  5. Touchpad and Keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touchpad and Keyboard: I have a Dell Latitude E7240 laptop, and have had it for about a year now. Somewhat recently, both the keyboard and touchpad on the laptop stopped working, so I am using a USB plug-in keyboard and mouse at the moment. I was wondering if there was anyway I could restore my...
  6. Touchpad on the keyboard

Touchpad on the keyboard: I have a new HP laptop computer. On my old one, I could disable the touchpad mouse when an external mouse was connected to a USB device. I think it was one of the F keys but I can't remember now. I accidentally hit the touchpad occasionally and end up typing somewhere I...
  7. Disable touchpad zoom

Disable touchpad zoom: how do I disable ANNOYING touchpad zoom on windows 10 Elan touchpad? Previously posted instructions are not applicable. There is NO "device settings" tab in either additional mouse or touchpad option and thus, no "pinch zoom" option....
  8. Reset Touchpad Zoom

Reset Touchpad Zoom: Is there a way to reset zoom if I accidentally zoom in on my touchpad? I've learned that "ctrl 0" works, but only from within Firefox, for some reason. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-touchpad-zoom/ff028cf0-70e4-45bd-b15e-fb2d90dbca53
  9. How to lock zoom on touchpad?

How to lock zoom on touchpad?: How to lock touchpad zoom? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-lock-zoom-on-touchpad/9cb2ef88-3bcf-423a-abe4-aa39b52e0de5
  10. ASUS touchpad and keyboard problems

ASUS touchpad and keyboard problems: Hello, I have an ASUS laptop that I haven't been using for a while. When using it, I noticed that the keyboard, when typing, was skipping letters, at random. I actually discovered this problem cause I had trouble logging in, and then realised that the password I typed in...