Windows 10: Touchpad

Discus and support Touchpad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am going to completely disable my Touchpad. Tell me how. No, I don't want to analyze the problem, or make the touchpad less sensitive, NOTHING!, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FrederickNewton, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Touchpad

I am going to completely disable my Touchpad. Tell me how. No, I don't want to analyze the problem, or make the touchpad less sensitive, NOTHING!, I need to know HOW TO DISABLE IT --- NOTHING ELSE!

The computer shop has disabled it before and then, without me doing ANYTHING it's back! If no one can tell me how to permanently disable it, I will drive an icepick through the middle of it. Just typing this sentence and trying not to touch the stupid Touchpad, it moved my cursor 3 times!!!!!

Extra Note: I HATE the Microsoft File System. Microsoft should fire the entire development staff who had anything to do with it.

:)

FrederickNewton, Jun 12, 2019
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jun 12, 2019
  3. TouchPad problem

see attached screenshot of the keys after I re ran the scan

so i assume next steps are to have that program open that you suggested whilst using the laptop and then when the touchpad gets disabled to check if the keys have changed?

bartjunited, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Touchpad

turn off touchpad

Thanks for trying I downloaded driver for touchpad, followed the steps you listed but it did not solve the problem - When I get to the last tab for the software, there is no checkbox for "disable touchpad if mouse is attached." I can completely disable the
    touchpad by system, and you, advised against this so at least I had the warning not to completely disable touchpad. I have tried the other options suggested but to no avail. Frustrating!

MonetteIrwin, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Touchpad

1. Touchpad - Similar Threads - Touchpad

2. Touchpad gestures not working on Acer Aspire A515-51G-56K9

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad gestures not working on Acer Aspire A515-51G-56K9: The gestures on my Acer Aspire A515-51G-56K9 after I reinstalled Windows 10. My laptop had pirated Windows earlier and the gestures were working a couple of months ago but eventually stopped working. When I installed the genuine copy of Windows 10 the gestures stopped...
  3. gestures on touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    gestures on touchpad: How do I turn off some of the gestures on the touchpad but leave others alone, before this upgrade I could not only see the demonstration but change each individual gestures. Now the only thing I see is this: "This device is working properly". I beg to differ, NO it's NOT....
  4. Touchpad isn't moving my cursor in the correct directions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad isn't moving my cursor in the correct directions: I was reading a book on my laptop and found the words were too small to read at a comfortable distance, so I put my laptop into flipped portrait mode which solved to problem. All of a sudden, my touchpad seemed to be working in relation to the new orientation of my screen (in...
  5. Precision Touchpad Drive Issues for Acer Aspire E15

Precision Touchpad Drive Issues for Acer Aspire E15: So quite some time back after an update for Windows 10, my laptop (Acer Aspire E15/Aspire E5-573G-52G) had been stripped of its precision touchpad functionality, reducing it to that of a normal one. Now, this laptop does come with a precision touchpad, it's not as if I...
  6. Touchpad gestures not working

Touchpad gestures not working: Before I factory reset my laptop I was able to use different gestures using my touchpad like scroll or zoom. But know that I have restarted everything the gestures are not working. I followed some steps u found online on ways to switch it on. The settings show that it is in...
  7. Double click on touchpad and mouse not working

Double click on touchpad and mouse not working: 2 or 3 days ago double click to open files and quit working w/the mouse and the touchpad. I see no settings describing double clicking in for the mouse or touchpad. I have gone to the device manager and looked for mouse driver updates - there are none. I do not see the...
  8. Touchpad not working in acer aspire E 15

Touchpad not working in acer aspire E 15: After the technician uninstall intel graphics, insert his usb mouse, flash drive and hard drive my touchpad stop. Then, before he upgraded it to windows 10, the touchpad was not working and when he upgraded it it does't change anything. I don't know what is the possible cause...
  9. No device settings under mouse options when trying to disable touchpad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No device settings under mouse options when trying to disable touchpad: Hello, I am attempting to disable touchpad while a mouse is connected. I was able to do it on previous laptops with Windows 10 with no problem. However, I just purchased an HP laptop with Windows 10, and that option is not available. I go under Mouse Properties, and I know...
  10. Touchpad gone bonkers

Touchpad gone bonkers: Ok, since about 2 updates ago I've had touchpad issues, it will be working then clicks fail , i can move cursor, but button/touch clicking nothing, if i CTRL. ALT. delete, pick task manager it will then work again for a while and repeat same balls all over again when it first...